Ruminations


Xellos stretched slightly in his sleep, then ran his fingersdown the other body he encountered.

Hmm... he thought to himself, lovely softskin...

As images began to seep into his conscious mind, he shook himselfawake and raised himself on one elbow to see Filia lying next to him, curledup on her side.

"So," he whispered in awe, "It wasn't just another dream this time, she really IS here"

Almost since he had first encountered her, it seemed he had been dreaming about her. Which made no sense really. Sure, shewas an attractive female, no denying that, but she was a DRAGON! He KILLED Dragons, right?

The dreams annoyed him. No matter what he did, they continued,and after a while they even seeped in while he was awake. They were absolutely ruining his concentration.

Well, they do say you banish your demons by confronting them...although for him to say that was really the height of irony...after all, he WAS asort of demon, wasn't he. Well, it seems even demons can have demons.

In any case, he decided the only way to get rid of the dreamswas to fulfil them, so he had begun a serious campaign of seduction...which had culminated in this evening's...excitement.

So, is this it then? he wondered to himself ashe looked down on the blissfully sleeping beauty beside him, Now that I've had her, will the dreams finally stop? Will they leave me in peace?

He reached out to touch her soft skin again, and ran his handover her spider-silk hair, marveling at the way the individual strands seemedto disappear, even against his pale skin. He shook his head.

No, I don't think it can stop here. Tonight was so different from the dreams...so much more...If anything it only has increased my...need...for her. I don't think I'll ever be able to let her go now. he admitted to himself.

He lay back down and gathered her into his arms. Yes,this felt right. To hold her nestled against him and breathe in hersweet, spicy scent was the right thing to be doing. Let tomorrow bringwhat it would, at least THIS would be right.


The Lord of Nightmares looked down upon her creations. "Yes, finally." she sighed in relief, "It took them long enough... Now things are beginning to take shape again; the stagnation is over."


Fanfiction