Dread, Dread, Someone's Dead


And that was that. I had finally accomplished the impossible. I had extinguished the eternal flame, snuffed out the light of hope, shoved aside the immovable object. I was the unnamed flower. Yes, I had done it. I killed Lina Inverse.

Orders this and orders that. Suicide mission, that was all. Banzai charge, kamikaze strike. And another minion down, and another minion down, another one bites the dust. I watched as they all fell under the orders to kill the Dra-mata. First Xelloss, then Sheela, and Xelas herself was next. Now Shabranigdo was turning to me. Fun. I got to go out and killed myself killed all for the sake of evil. Mockingly, I jumped upon the highest place in sight. "Lina Inverse! In the name of evil, I will punish you for being so good! How dare you kill bandits and stop our attempt to destroy the world! You will now feel the Hammer of Wickedness!" I think Shabranigdo-sama sweat dropped.

Of course, the usual method was stupid. Present yourself to Lina as her enemy, and then get ready to die. Shabby had found that one out himself. Then their was Xelloss' attempt. Be her besty friendy and then betray her and then attempt to kill her. At least that way I'd stand a chance... of getting a little older.

There was one thing no one had done. And that was not to be Lina's enemy. This is not a repeat of Xelloss' attempt. No. He made one fatal mistake, a last minute boo-boo, an unseen flaw in his plan. Sooner or later, he had to appear to Lina as an enemy.

I didn't do that though. Nope, there was a much easier way. I almost laugh that Shabby didn't think of it. With all his work praying on human emotions, one would think he would know how to best get people like Lina to die. And that would be through self-sacrifice!

I had always wanted to fake my own death. It was really rather fun! I came to Lina, was her besty besty buddy, and then got myself killed. Well, I would have if Lina hadn't jumped in the way of the blast. It was really fun seeing how much blood she had in her body.

And that was that. My final finale, my radiant finish, my 'coup de grace'. I killed Lina Inverse.

Well... now what?


Fanfiction