Not Soon Enough


Amelia lay on the bed, her arms wrapped around Zelgadis' warm body. He was sleeping, but she couldn't rest. Anxious and disquieted, she rolled over and pulled the blanket a little more tightly over her body. She really didn't feeling like sharing anything else anylonger.

It hadn't been when had expected. The sex had been incredible, but that's it. All it was was incredible sex. No emotion, no declerations of love, no passionate confessions, no fireworks, amazing romances or anything even remotley fairy tale. Just good sex.

Amelia sat up and watched his sleeping form as the moonlight played off his stone limbs. He looked really good like that. How many times had she watched him from a distance, thinking of how he looked, how he made her feel, how wonderful he was, and how much she was in love with him. She thought about every time he pulled her aside and told her he was her teacher, and nothing more, that this was just a crush, not something real. Amelia kicked off the sheets. "Shit, he was right."

Not really caring about formality and rules that night, she haphazardly threw on Zelgadis' shirt and walked down to the hot springs. Kicking the stones in the path away as she went, her mood became increasingly dark. This was just great. Now she would have to explain to Zelgadis that she really didn't care about him like that after all, explain to the others why she had just got the guy, slept with him and then left him, and then explain it to her father... She paused in the path. She still had to explain it to herself.

Why on Earth had she gone and done that? Could she really blame something like this on raging hormones? She had spent years and had finally caught Zelgadis' attentions. Barely two days after she got him to admit he liked her, she had dragged him into bed. And the minute he had fallen asleep, she had gotten bored of him.

"L-sama, what's wrong with me?!"

Amelia plunked into the warm spring and stared into the starry sky. Wiping away a few stray tears with a wet hand, Amelia lay back and fell asleep.


Fanfiction