Part One


Notes

navy = flashback


The girl snuck away from the campsite and into the trees. Her youngest companion was on watch so she didn't have to be too careful, but years of living on the road had ingrained in her the instinctual caution of someone who knows a slight slip-up could cause one their life. Only one being saw her departure, and he was meant to. They had met deep in the heart of the forest nearly every night since the incident a few weeks ago had uncovered their mutual loneliness. Each was what the other needed; both of them had kept their souls locked tightly away from the world, presenting a mask to even their closest companions, but they had delved into each others disguises and found the truth of what they each were way down in the depths of their souls where neither had ever let anyone else go. It had been far too long since either had been so open with another individual, and so to each the other had become a priceless gift.

The red head sat by the stream and listened to the sounds of the night creatures and the running water gently caressing the rocks in its path as it flowed. She often felt like the water, (though most would compare her with its opposite element), her life carving the most direct route to whatever she wanted, slipping easily over the rocks and obstacles in her way and carving a path in the world as she went. The moonlight cast silver shadows over the soft grass on the bank and she shivered slightly in the nighttime breeze. Where was he?

She was answered as a cloak settled over her shoulders, quickly warding off the chill, and gentle hands slid down her arms to encircle her tiny waist. A genuine smile pulled at the corners of her lips as she felt his breath hot on the column of her throat and his soft lips press a tender kiss just behind her ear.

"Waiting for someone in particular Lina-chan?" he whispered as he had that night, and every night that they had met like this. His velvety voice sent a pleasant chill down her spine and she smiled turning in his arms to snake her own petite hands up over his shoulders.

"You say that every night." She whispered tilting her face up for a kiss. His mouth met hers and a moment later she parted her lips for his gently probing tongue. The kiss was slow and she melted into his arms her body pressing tightly to his. His hands slowly caressed her back through the short yellow tunic she wore over her normal tight maroon pants.

"Perhaps, but it gets such a delightful reaction from you." He quipped against her mouth, then teasingly nibbled on her lower lip. His hands slipped beneath the fabric of her shirt and he fell backward pulling her down on top of him.

The moon had moved several degrees across the sky when they lay still at last in each other's arms. Lina's head rested comfortably on his wiry but sculpted chest, her face nestled in the crook of his neck. "Ashiteru, Xell-kiobito." She whispered as she fell asleep, protected in his embrace.

His eyes widened and the drowsiness left him abruptly. He gazed down at the fire-y beauty asleep, her body twined intimately with his, and felt his heart flutter in a slowly becoming familiar, way. His hands moved of their own accord to gently stroke the liquid fire of her hair, and he thought back to the night he had first experienced the oddly pleasant sensation, and he smiled. "Mine..." he whispered into her silken tresses, "All mine..." at least until Zelas-sama orders me to finish it...for the first time in ages he regretted having to fullfill his duties, it was only a matter of time now...living as long as he had, had taught him well to cherish the present and the past...With the present asleep in his arms, he retreated into memory.


He hadn't been able to stand another moment of the Sugar Princess's cavity causing speeches. Amelia had practically oozed positive energy tonight and it was giving him a migraine just being near her. He has noticed Lina sneak off earlier but hadn't thought anything about it, as she had been doing that quite a bit lately, thus he wasn't all that surprised to find her sitting alone on a hillside overlooking the campsite. What did surprise him were the trails of sparkling tears trailing down her face, and the strange pang he felt from the wave of sorrow which hit him a moment after. He got none of the satisfaction he normally would have received from the same emotion coming from one of the others and it puzzled him. What puzzled him more was why the spunky sorceress would be crying in the first place.

"Waiting for someone in particular Lina-chan?" he had asked, startling her from her reverie. She didn't bother trying to hide her tears from him, she knew he was far to perceptive not to have noticed them already.

"Aren't we all?" She had asked, not bothering with her supposedly "normal" reaction of beating the shit out of him for interrupting her. What would be the use? His eyebrow quirked cutely at her and she felt a stirring she hadn't experienced for a very long time.

She buried her face back in her arms, which were propped up on her knees and determined to ignore him, but he had other ideas. "Come now Lina-chan...this isn't like you. Care to share?" He plopped down beside her and draped his cloak over her shoulders when he noticed she had come away without hers and was shivering.

"And I suppose its normal for a demon to be trying to comfort a pathetic excuse for an unattractive human girl?" she retorted lifting her eyes to his which were open for a change.

"Unattractive? Where ever did you get that idea?" he looked genuinely puzzled. She was one of the most alluring mortals he had ever seen, and he had seen quite a few.

She looked at him oddly for a moment and mumbled something about "damn-fruity-mazoku teasing her." Before turning away from him again. "Leave me alone Xellos." I don't need your shit tonight."

Something about the way she said the word "alone" hit home with him, and he found his himself acting without conscious thought. His hand fell lightly on her shoulder and the other reached up to gently cup her face, turning her to meet his gaze. "On the contrary my little Lina-chan, I think I am exactly what you need tonight."

Her eyes widened as he slowly lowered his face to hers leaving her ample time to pull away or inflict serious bodily harm on his person, if she truly wanted to. Something in her made her resist the urge to fireball him on the spot, and let his lips ever so gently brush against hers before pressing themselves tenderly against her mouth. Something, perhaps the same something as before, slid her arms up to pull him closer, and parted her lips for him when his tongue gently probed for an opening, and something recognized the need for an understanding spirit in his opened eyes when he slowly pulled back. "If I didn't know better," she whispered huskily against his lips, "I'd say, mazoku or not, you were looking for the same thing as I am..."

"Perhaps, we are even more alike than we think, behind our masks ne?" He was slowly pushing her backward to lay in the grass, and she, interestingly enough was pulling him down atop her.

"Stay with me tonight, Xellos. I don't want to be alone anymore, and for once I don't want to pretend, and I don't think you do either..." Her fingers were running through the purple silken strands of his hair. There was something about him tonight; something that began to fill that gaping emptiness within her. "Please?"

Her eyes pleaded with him, and he wondered how she knew what he had been feeling. Demons weren't supposed to get lonely, weren't supposed to yearn for the companionship of a lover, but he always had. He had always been an exception to the Rules. He had had countless lovers in the past, but none of them like Lina-chan, none of them caused that odd stirring within his chest...

He wanted her, he wanted to protect her and make love to her and claim her. He wanted to keep her safe forever, and at the same time some part of him wanted to break her completely. His hands longed to bring her ultimate pleasure, and at the same time rend her fragile body to shreds for doing this to him. "What's wrong with me?" he asked himself, desire rising inside of him as he met her ruby gaze. The conflicting emotions channeled themselves into passion, he would deal with the confusing feelings later; he had other needs right now.

His lips met hers again, hungrily this time; his hands roamed freely over her still clothed body and she made no protests, indeed her own fingers began to wander tentatively after a moment. He pinned her to the ground in unspoken agreement, while his fingers worked to rid her of her shirt. He felt a rise sudden rise of reluctance from her and it was then he realized she was a virgin. He stilled his advances and looked into her eyes again, "Why give me this gift Lina-chan?" unspoken was the word "mazoku" in his speech, he breathed incredulously, somewhere berating himself for acting like the chimera.

She bit her lip and looked away for a moment then brought her eyes back up to his and reached up to trace the planes of his face tenderly with her fingertips, she found herself repressing a giggle as her caress elicited something close to a purr from him. "Who else would I give it to? Who else would understand?" she asked softly, noting once again how utterly beautiful his eyes were and wondering why he hid them away from the world so often. "I want this...I -- I want -- why do you follow us Xellos?" She suddenly asked.

He blinked in surprise and chuckled, "Are you saying you want me to fu -- " something in him wouldn't allow him to call his a simple roll in the hay, if you will, it didn't seem right, or rather, this seemed like so much more, " -- to take your virginity, for the same reason I follow you?" Could it be she knew all along about his strange obsession with her? A mortal with so much power, a gorgeous mortal with the will of a dark lord who could command the power of the Mother herself...who could bind a General Priest to her without the use of a spell...L-sama what was he feeling? Her eyes softened beneath him and a sudden urge overcame him, not to merely take her, but to pleasure her, to give her an experience like none she had ever had before. By the Dark One, he wanted to make love to her...

The gentle tug at his shirt, freeing it from his pants, and her tiny fingers slipping teasingly up the skin of his chest had whipped away the rest of his doubts. He had been with her as he had never been with anyone else in all his millennia of existence. He had been with her not just to please himself, but to equally make her happy, and it had been just as good, no better knowing he had pleased her as well. And as he had held her that night, away from camp and the others, he had watched her sleep and decided, whatever it was that she did to his emotions, he liked it...He liked it a lot, and that scared him.


Part 2   |   Fanfiction