Chapter 1: Exodus from China


Notes

This takes place during the first season of Sailor Moon. In other words, Beryll is the one that's trying to take over the world. Also, just so you know, I changed it so that Ranma stayed with the Amazons for a month. It doesn't really affect this part of the story, but...

navy = flashback


Two Weeks After Ranma Leaves the Amazon Village

Usagi moaned as Luna jumped on top of her bed.

"Just a couple more hours.", she muttered, and buried her hear into her pillow.

"No, you can't. You've slept for almost seven hours!", Luna replied to jumping on top of her chest. Almost as soon as she landed Usagi rolled over, resulting in Luna being squashed beneath her. "Oh well, didn't want to do this, but...", Luna though. She then proceeded to let one of her claws out, ever so slowly. After all, it wouldn't do to have her charge hurt before she went to deal with the enemy.

Usagi almost instantly jumped out of bed. "I'm up, I'm up", she said while rubbing her eyes, and fumbling through her drawers for some clothes.

"You know, it doesn't really matter what you wear don't you?", Luna commented.

"Why do you have to be so mean?", Usagi whined. She was just trying to keep up appearances. It wouldn't do to have the enemy find out who normally was.

Luna sweatdrops as she gazes at her charge, who is currently on the edge of crying, while she tries to shrug on some jeans. "It's alright, Usagi. I'm sure things will get better once we gather the rest of the senshi together. If nothing else, we'll be able to reduce the amount of time everyone has to patrol."

Usagi sniffed a couple of times as she went downstairs.

"Good morning, Usagi-chan.", her Mom greeted. "I've got some leftovers from breakfast that you could have before you leave."

Usagi's visage instantly brightened. If there was one thing that cheered her up, it had to be food. She ran to the table and sat down in a chair while her mother went to the kitchen so she could reheat some of the food.

Usagi's face grew a little bit distant as she thought about how great her parents were. They knew that she was Sailor Moon. She knew it, and they knew it, but it was never brought up. She was sure that they knew how important it was to the safety of the city, and to the safety of their home too. They never talked about it, but her Mom, and her Dad, let her know that they were always there if needed.

Usagi's thoughts were interrupted as her Mom brought out a big plate of pancakes swamped in maple syrup. She smiled as she saw her favorite breakfast.

"Itadakimasu.", she said as she grabbed a fork and started digging in at lightening fast speed. She was done with the meal in a couple of minutes, and washed it all down with some water.

"Bye, Mom. I've gotta go."

"Bye, Usagi-chan. Please...be careful.", her mother said, giving her a worried look.

"I will, Mom.", Usagi replied, holding her school bag open long enough for a nearby Luna to jump into. With that, she was out the door, and running to the bus stop.

Anymore, the Senshi all had to be careful about where they transformed. It had to vary every night, so Beryll wouldn't be able to figure out their secret identities. It was a pang in the butt, but if it kept her family safe...

Usagi saw a bus getting ready to leave. She put on her full speed, which was quite considerable with all the recent activity she had. The bus driver smirked at her as she showed him her bus pass and tried to get her breath back at the same time. It seemed like it was going to be one of those days. She bit her lip as she went to one of the back seats and rested her head against the window. As she sat there she started to think about the how much things had changed within the past couple of weeks.

Two Weeks Ago

Sailor Moon charges at the "TV antenna gone berserk" in hopes that she'll be able to distract it from Sailor Mars and Sailor Mercury, who were powering up their attacks.

The youma didn't wait for Sailor Moon to reach her. "Aerial wave attack", it called out. Sailor Moon didn't see anything, but knew better then to stay where she was. She instantly jumped to the side, trying to dodge whatever it threw at her. She felt herself get clipped on her right ankle, and found herself flying backwards, into a nearby wall.

Sailor Moon, started to whimper from the pain, but at least her plan worked. She got up, while taking off her tiara so she could moon dust the creature while it was weakened. However, what she saw set her heart aflutter with fear. Sailor Mars and Mercury weren't able to attack, they were too busy dealing with two other creatures.

Sailor Moon heard a cough and looked on top of the wall she was next to, where Luna was currently watching their battle from her usual spot, a.k.a. from fairly far away. "Retreat, Sailor Moon."

"But...we can't just", Sailor Moon started, but was cut off by her counselor.

"No, Sailor Moon. Retreat. Now!!".

Sailor Moon let a tear fall from her eyes as she yelled, "Retreat". She ran away as fast as she could, favoring her left foot. Sailor Mars and Mercury looked shocked as they too began their retreat.

Sailor Moon expected the youmas to follow, but they stayed exactly where they were. It seemed they had other things in mind.

One Week After The First Defeat

Usagi cries into her pillow after another brutal defeat. Why did this have to happen? Why did she have to be so weak? She was Sailor Moon, the warrior of love and justice.

She looked up as she felt someone's hands on her shoulders. She turned around to find her mother's arms wrapped around her, and she couldn't hold it in as she buried her head in her mom's chest. All of her tears came out. A tear for each life lost. A tear for every battle given up.

Her mother stroked her hair, rocking her back and forth. Within 15 minutes Usagi was able to calm herself somewhat down.

"Thanks, mom.", Usagi said, sniffing a little bit.

"It's alright, honey. I'm not sure I'd be able to hold up nearly as well as you do, considering the circumstances."

Usagi's eyes widened as she took in the meaning of the her mother's phrase.

"Mom, I meant to tell...", Usagi started to say, but was cut off as her mother placed a finger over her lips.

"Shhh... there's no need for that. You have to do what you must, and one can only ask that you give your best, and I'll give mine."

Usagi grabbed her mother in a fierce hug. "Thanks, Mom. I really needed that."

As they pulled away her mother got up and left for the door. "I just wanted to let you know that I'll always be here if you need me.", she said as she smiled at her daughter. Then she was gone, leaving Usagi to her own ponderings.

She got up and shut the door, making sure nobody else was around as she got her communicator out and rang up the other girls.

"Hai?", came Rei's voice, as her image popped up.

"I need to call a Senshi meeting. Can you get ahold of Ami, and have her meet us at the shrine?"

"Why can't you wait for her to answer so you can tell her?", Rei grumbled.

"Because I'm furthest away from the shrine. Please, Rei? We really need to make some plans.", Usagi said, giving Rei her best puppy dog eyes.

Rei's will crumbled under Usagi's puppy dog eyes. She couldn't ever deny her anything when she got like this. Why was that, anyway? "Oh, alright. Get going. I'll see you soon."

"Thanks, you're the best Rei.", Usagi gushed before signing off.

30 Min. Later, Hikawa Shrine

Usagi runs up the steps to the temple as fast as she can. Once she gets to the top she knocks as loud as she can, then leans over, clutching her knees, gasping for breath.

"Yes, how may I help...oh, it's you Usagi-chan.", Grandfather Hino said, while opening the door. "Come right in. Rei's been waiting for you."

Usagi slides the door open to the Fire Shrine, where she finds Rei staring into the sacred flame, and Ami sitting on a tatami mat, typing on her computer.

"What is it you wanted, odango-atama?", Rei muttered. "I was trying to get some sleep before we had to head off to yet another attack."

Usagi's eyes started to tear up, but suddenly grew harder as she thought about why she called this meeting. She sat down on a nearby mat and opened her bag up enough for Luna to get out. "I came because the 'let's run to the nearest new disturbance' plan hasn't been working out very well. We need a new game plan. Any suggestions?"

"Well, maybe we could start patrols.", Ami volunteered, looking up from her computer. "Since schools been shut down, we could don't have to worry about a normal schedule anymore, so maybe we could divide the day into 7 hour shifts. Two of us could be out patrolling for any new disturbances while the third one sleeps."

"Yeah, but what if the third senshi is needed?", Rei asked. "At least with the current system we're all able to get to the site when needed."

"The senshi that's sleeping will still keep her communicator on. However, this way, if a new youma does appear we might be able to get to it before any others could join it."

"Consider it done.", Usagi said, in a tone that had finality to it. Everyone looked at her in with wide eyes, but nodded their assent. "Anything else?"

"Well, I was thinking that it might be a good idea if you girls vary the locations you transform at.", Luna supplied. "The last thing we need is for Beryll to find out who you guys really are."

"Good idea, Luna.", Usagi said while absently rubbing Luna's head. "Can anyone think of anything else?"

There was a moment of silence, each senshi looking at the other two. "Alright then. In that case, Ami and I will take first shift.", Usagi said. "You try to get some sleep, Rei."

Usagi sighed. Things had gone much better since then. They'd only taken two defeats, and were able to evacuate the sections that were taken over, due to the headsets they now wore, which were directly connected to the police. No new energy was gained by the Dark Kingdom, but the senshi were still in dire straits. They hadn't been able to regain any of the sections that were taken over, since were patrolled by multiple Dark Kingdom youma.

"They will go down.", she vowed to herself. "They will never have this city."

With that thought on her mind she pulled the cord above her, signaling for the bus to stop at the next intersection. This definitely wasn't the better part of town, but it wasn't too close to any of areas controlled by the Dark Kingdom.

She walked a couple of blocks and ducked into a dark alley, so she could transform.

"Hey, beautiful, you lookin' for me?", a scruffy bearded and scraggily looking man asked as he emerged from the shadows.

Usagi rolled her eyes to the back of her head. She faced youma who could probably topple buildings if they wanted to, and she was supposed to be scared of this?? "I'll give you one chance, and only one chance. Leave now or you'll be sorry."

"Oooo....I'm shakin' in my boots.", the man said while reaching into his pocket. A flick of his wrist and his fly knife opened up.

Usagi's eyes opened up a little wider. This was not going to be fun. Oh well, she was committed now. She reached for the broach she was wearing on her chest and muttered, "Moon Prism Power, make-up."

Usagi was thrust into the air for a brief second as she transformed into Sailor Moon. When she touched the floor she saw that the guys face had gone a little pale. She smiled to herself. This might be easier than she thought.

"I'll make you a deal. You drop the knife and I'll let you run away, but if I ever, and I do mean ever, hear about you attacking someone I'll hunt you down personally.", she said in as evil of a voice she could manage.

The man gulped and turned around, trying to run away. Usagi ran after the man, who proceeded to run away while still carrying the knife. When she caught up to him she was able to give him one blow to the back of the head which toppled him.

Sailor Moon picked up, to put him in an inconspicuous corner, while she went back to her bag. As soon as she got it open Luna jumped out. "Good one, Sailor Moon.", Luna said sarcastically. "How about we transform on main street next, ne?"

"What did you expect, Luna. Did you want to let him rape me? I don't think I could have taken him without transforming."

Luna sighed. "I guess it couldn't be helped. It's just some common thug anyway. He didn't find out your name did he?"

"Nah.", Usagi said as she brought her headphones out of the bag and put them on. "Sailor Moon here, can you hear me?", she said, holding a button on the side of the headset down.

"We read you loud and clear, Sailor Moon.", a females voice came through.

"Good. I'm currently on the corner of Okinawa and 5th. Some guy tried to rape me, and I was wondering if you could send someone over to pick him up. He'll be in an alleyway, and should be out for a while longer."

"Will do, Sailor Moon. They'll be there fairly quickly. You're free to start your patrol."

"Thanks."

She got out a carrying sack that Luna rode in while she patrolled. It was specifically designed by L.L. Bean to carry Luna, and fit like a backpack baby carrier. It was free, and the only catch was that she leave the big L.L. Bean logo intact on the back of it.

Ever since she started patrolling she found that the whole city started to open up to her. Sure, there were a few people out there who still hated her, but for the most part people seemed to understand the sacrifices she made. For example, since she had to eat out while she was on patrol she would go to various restaurants. It got very expensive at first, as she hit all the various fast food joints. Then, a local radio station issued a challenge to the people that they provide the Senshi with all the help they could. Now it was an honor to have a Senshi eat at your restaurant, and she no longer had to pay for any of her meals. She had some of the best food and fastest service she'd seen since she started patrolling.

Luna jumped into the carrying case and she buckled it on. She put her backpack into her subspace pocket and leapt for the nearest roof.

She sighed to herself. This promised to be a very long day.


Sailor Moon was taking a quick break at an ice cream shop when she got a call through her head set. "Attention all Sailor Senshi. Attention all Sailor Senshi. A youma has been sited at Northridge Mall. I repeat, a youma has been sited at Northridge Mall."

"Roger. I'm headed there.", Sailor Moon said as she quickly got up and bowed to the shop keeper. "Sailor Mercury, can you get ahold of Sailor Mars while I head over to the mall?"

"Roger, Sailor Moon. Will do."

Sailor Moon jumped to the nearest roof and took off. She was within a couple of blocks of Northridge. She wouldn't be too late this time. She would win.

As she arrived on scene she saw a the usual pandemonium associated with these scenes. People were scattered about as they tried to find an exit or someplace to hide. They weren't, however, so far gone as to not recognize her. People started to flee from her presence as well, opening a circle around her. They weren't stupid. They knew that they didn't want to be around Sailor Moon when she was this close to a youma.

As Sailor Moon drew closer to the center of the action Luna pawed at corner of sack, so she'd be released. As soon as she was out she started to trot at Sailor Moon's side, ready to give her charge a hand when needed.

Sailor Moon was able to run, now that she was reaching the center of the storm. She ran directly through the glass doors they had at the entrance, knowing that her armor would take care of the damage. Besides, she didn't have enough time. She never had enough time.

The scene in front of her would have made her laugh, if she wasn't so accustomed to these type of youma. Standing in front of her was a woman that seemed to be made out of $1 bills, and the occasional quarter.

She didn't bother to give any kind of speech as she charged towards it. That was for the old days. The days when Sailor Moon could get by with being innocent. Now she had to take every advantage she could. Hopefully she'd be able to take this youma by surprise.

Her wish fell on deaf ears, however, when she heard the youma bellow, "Fell the wrath of CashCard. PocketChange FLOOD."

Sailor Moon was starting to get used to these kind of attacks and was able to jump over the attack as a flood of quarters came at her. However, while she was still in the air she heard a shout of "CreditCard CHARGE", and found several hundred credit cards flying towards her.

"This is not good.", she thought to herself as she twisted in vain, hoping to dodge all of the cards. She was able to dodge a surprising amount and got through without any major damage. She did, however, sustain several small cuts along her upper and lower limbs.

Then, as she touched down on the ground she found that it was still covered in quarters. She tried to maintain her balance, but there were too many and there wasn't anyplace to find purchase.

As Sailor Moon fell down the youma just stood there laughing at her. "I might not even have to do anything to beat such a klutz.", it said continuing to laugh.

Sailor Moon got up, blushing from her singed pride. "I'll show you what this klutz can do.", she said while removing her tiara. "Moon Tiara Act...", she almost stops since she hears someone, maybe another enemy, shout out something to the far right side of her. "ion", she finishes and launches her tiara, now a glowing frisbee at her enemy, slicing it neatly in half

She blinks in surprise as a beam of bright orange light crosses in front of her to smash into...another enemy?! sigh She was right. This was definitely NOT going to be a good day. Then again...

Sailor Moon looks behind her and sees another blond haired girl. However this one had her hair loose and was wearing an orange fuku as opposed to Sailor Moon's blue one, and a blue mask over her eyes. Could this be the Sailor V she'd heard about? Could Sailor V be a Sailor Senshi?

She had her attention ripped away from her as she heard the youma yell, "Candy Detonation", and launch what looked like gumballs at them.

Sailor V dodged to the left and Sailor Moon dodged to the right, while the gumballs exploded where they were. Both of them came charging from either side, confusing the youma. With a yell of "Sailor Moon Kick" and "Sailor V Kick", both of the Senshi launch crescent kicks at the enemy, turning it into moundust as it's smashed on both sides.

Sailor Moon threw herself at Sailor V, grabbing her in a hug. "Thank you.", she says while sniffing a little. "Thank you so much. You have no idea how glad I am to see you."

Sailor V's cheeks blush in embarrassment at being hugged by someone she's never met before. However it helped that she felt somehow, well, familiar. She tried to comfort the girl by patting her on the back and telling her how everything will be better from now on.

Sailor Moon starts to calm down when she hears a clatter just ahead of her. She looks up to see two terrified adults running towards them.

"Please help us. Please. Hurry...they have our baby. They have our baby.", the woman says while falling to her knees and breaking down.

Sailor Moon and Sailor V instantly break into a sprint in the direction the parents had come from, scanning both sides while they ran. Then, Sailor V saw them.

"There they are. They're in the parking lot.", she shouts, running for the entrance, with Sailor Moon not too far behind.

The stop just outside of the entrance at the horrific scene in front of them. The little boy was lying on the floor unconscious, a steady stream of pink light floating from him to a man's mouth, a couple of feet above.

"Ahh...Sailor Senshi", the man says, wiping off his mouth. "I'm afraid you're a little late. This area is already claimed by me in the name of Queen Beryll, and the boy is...well, you can see for yourselves.", he said lightly kicking boys still form.

"No.", Sailor Moon whispers as a tear falls from her eye, her head bowed down. "No. Not another victim. Not another death. You will not take that boys life." While she says this it seems like her fuku starts to flicker back and forth between her fuku and...a gown? "I will not allow this. NEVER.", she finishes in a shout as her fuku disappears in a burst of light and is replaced by a flowing white gown and a pink wand with yellow crescent moon on top appears in her hand.

Sailor Moons head snaps up and she raises the wand into the air.

"Oh no, you've got a new toy. Whatever shall I do?", he mocked.

"Moon Retribution Release", she shouted, and a star of blindingly bright golden light shoots out of her wand towards the figure in front of her.

The man's eyes widen in shock right before he's hit. When the beam hits him he seems to shrink in on himself, then burst into a fountain of pinkish light, some of which enters the boy.

Sailor Moon's dress flickers back to her fuku, then back to her street clothes. Sailor V is barely able to catch her as she starts to topple backward and lays her down on the ground, with Usagi's face in her lap.

"Princess", Luna says, nuzzling Usagi's face. "I found you, after all these years. I've finally found you, my Princess."

Sailor V hears the sounds of someone approaching from behind her, gently lays Usagi's head on the ground and turns around, ready for more action. To her surprise, she sees her guardian, Artemis, and two other Senshi approaching her.

"Just what did you do...", Sailor Mars starts to yell angrily, but is cut off when Sailor V rushes to Artemis.

"Artemis, you have to help her. She defeated some guy, but dropped over afterwards. There has to be something you can do."

Luna looks up from the Princess and turns her attention to Sailor V. "It's alright, Sailor Venus. She just overdid it a bit. She'll be fine with a little bit of food and some rest."

Artemis walks over to Luna. "Been a while, Luna. It's good to see you.", he says, gently swiping a paw at her face.

"The feelings mutual Artemis", she says, dodging the paw, then stomps his paw with hers. "However, we can renew our acquaintanceship some other time. We have other things to worry about right now. We have to get the Princess someplace where she can rest."

Sailor Mar's face drains of color. "Did you just say 'Princess'?".

"Yes, Sailor Mars. She's the one we've been searching for."

"Might I make the suggestion that Sailor Mars takes her back to the Shrine?", Sailor Mercury asks. "Luna and I can stay here and inform Venus and Artemis what's been going on."

"Excellent, idea.", Luna says, turning towards Sailor Mars.

Sailor Mars mutters, but picks Usagi up, and starts heading toward the shrine.

Luna turns back towards the rest of the group. "Let's get this over with quickly. We never know when the next attack will be.", she begins. "Beryll currently holds a fair portion of Juuban already, and we've set up patrols to prevent her from getting any more. We set up seven hour blocks, so two senshi will always be patrolling the town. Since the Sailor Moon's currently out of action you'll take over her spot until she wakes up. You can go with Sailor Mercury to pick up a communicator, so you can contact the rest of the Senshi, and a headset so you can keep in touch with the police. Are there any questions?"

Artemis sweatdrops. Yup, just like he remembered Luna. "*cough* Yeah, I've got a question. I've seen Sailor Venus, Sailor Mercury, Sailor Mars, and even Sailor Moon. That's new. But, where is Sailor Jupiter?".


Notes

I currently don't have a homepage, but I did get one volunteer to host my story, but haven't had the chance to give her all the materials yet. If anybody else wants to host it, you should feel free. Just let me know beforehand.

That brings up another point. Since I don't have a homepage, you'll need to contact me directly for previous chapters. Don't worry, I don't bite ^_^

A couple of favors, please. I don't know the name of Princess Jupiter before she was reincarnated. I tried searching for it, but didn't have much luck. However, I think that it's just Princess Lita. Can anyone please confirm/deny. It'd be greatly appreciated.

Lastly, I'm still not absolutely sure what to do with Xian. I'm leaning towards her being a mooncat, but haven't made up my mind (and yes, I'll deal with the ailurophobe if I make that choice). Any strong preferences should be made known. Probably within the next 12, or so hours, since I'll be starting the next chapter tonight.

Thanks a lot, and I hope you enjoyed the story.


Chapter 3   |   Anime@Fan.Fic