Chapter 2


Sydney called to order the room of chatting teenagers. "Okay, I know we have a lot to talk about, but we need to get started. In the past week, thinks have been happening that are...not exactly normal..."

"Yeah, like fling purple penguins," a girl with flame red hair snorted sarcastically.

Sydney cleared her throat and brushed aside a singing piece of toast that was floating in front of her face. "...Right, Megan. Anyway, we need to get the facts straight here. This all started last Wednesday and has been getting progressively worse. Are we agreed upon this point?"

Nods from around the room and an enthusiastic thumbs up from a petite brunette who was sitting in the afore mentioned redhead's lap.

"I've been doing some research, and the only strange things that happened Wednesday happened here, in band. As you all recall, there was a flash of light, Pat disappeared, and Andrea went nuts..."

"Like she wasn't already."

"...Eric, shut up!" He sulked, and shot a pathetic look at Sydney, but promptly stopped when a blond in cargo pants and a black hat shot him a look-of-death that would frighten inanimate objects.

"Nicole, woman, you're so mean." She continued her glare and his face blanched and he sought sympathy in his girlfriend who was unknown to everyone (not as though they cared).

"...Anyway, we should probably try to find them. They could be the clue to this mystery..."

"Why?" Asked Nicole.

"Because they are the only ones that have had anything happened to them, and they are our friends. Anyway, since we have no clue where Pat is, we should probably start by getting Andrea. Anybody have any ideas?"

"I do," a curly-haired blond said.

"Okay Becky, tell us your plan." She hunkered down to the group and began to outline her plan.


The red-haired girl looked at him strangely. "You're just outside of Sailune. Where do you think you are?"

"I don't really know. I got here somehow, I guess." He paused. "Who are you people, anyway?"

"I'm Lina Inverse, haven't you heard of me?"

"No, not really."

She shrugged. "The blond guy over there is Gourry Gabriev, the silent guy next to me is Zelgadiss..."

"And I," the raven haired girl burst in excitedly," Am Princess Amelia Will Tessla Sailune, defender of Justice!" Amelia bowed and Lina sweatdropped.

"Uh, yeah."

"Oh. I'm Pat."

"Nice to meet you Pat!" Amelia chirped.


Three girls walked up to the nurse's station. "Hello, we want to see Andrea Ross."

The nurse, never looking up, waved them on.

"Thanks," the one wearing a long lumpy skirt and large hat said. The group walked down the hallway and disappeared into a room.

Ten minutes later, the girls reappeared, leading their skirted companion by her wrists.

Five minutes later, Becky Anderson walked out of the hospital.


"I can't believe they fell for that! I don't look anything like Andrea." Becky howled with laughter as she recounted the 'rescue' to the rest of her friends. The group glanced at Andrea, who was looking into space and humming some unrecognizable melody, all the while frothing at the mouth.

"Now the question is, what do we do with her?"


Chapter 3   |   Fanfiction