Evil


Author's Notes

Hi! I'm Cheyenne Greywords. (for me 'Cheyenne' would be the name of Zel&Amelia's daughter...so..now you know what I think about Zel/Amelia couple ^____^).

Before to start with the note I have to thank Anji Michalski. She had corrected the grammar of this fanfic (..because I'm italian!!^___^) Thank you Anji!!^___^ Thanks for your help!

Well....let's start with the notes:

  1. In the story is mentioned a 'Rasputin'....if someone is thinking about the sorcerer linked to the Romanov's family..well, it is not him (but the name comes from Anastasia's story).
  2. Lyrid, Laisha and the Sharis Kingdom are, obviously, invented.
  3. navy = Xellos' point of view.

Well...that's all!!!^___^


She huddles up into his arms and sighs. Is quiet now, the Little Princess. There is her Zelgadiss to protect her. And him? What does he think about it? The Chimera's hands are tied to the waist of the little girl. He smiles even if she can't see him. So, he is happy.

Interesting.

She slowly turns her face towards the Chimera. He bends down and kisses her lips The kiss is rather long. So he's not joking.

Really interesting.

Amelia says something, but I can't hear because her words are a whisper addressed only to her Zelgadiss. He smiles at her. The Chimera seems to have found his own peace. He looks so relaxed, calm and serene. Gods, what terrible adjectives.

Where has gone your torment, Zelgadiss? The untenable anger corroded inexorable you, inside? All your negative emotions, that whirled so enjoyably intense, now they've become only caresses for the little princess?

I smile and a cold breath crosses his back. He perceives my presence, I know. And he is scared.

He hugs Amelia tighter.

I'll become a nightmare for you Zelgadiss Greywords. You'll know my essence, the deepest and wicked. I'll assault you so ferociously to drive you crazy. Everything you think sure, it will collapse under your eyes. Every new reason to live you'll find, I'll sweept it away.

I'll amaze you, Zelgadiss.


"They are cute, aren't they?" Lina asked to the others as she glanced at Amelia and Zelgadiss, sitting on the other side of the inn's room.

Gourry nodded, besides he didn't understand what's his friend talking about. Xellos just frowned, completly absorbed in his thoughts. Lina watched both of them disappointed: how was it possible only she was sensitive to a scene like that? Oh well, now she thinked about it, Xellos can't surely enjoy it. He was a mazoku. And Gourry? Oh, well. He was what he was. Lina sighed. It was better give up.

"Hey Xellos!" She exclaimed after seconds of unbearable silence "Why are you so taciturn tonight? Why don't you tell us one of your absurd legends?"

The mazoku turned towards her with a slightly dazed air, as if he waked up in that moment. He blinked a pair of time. "Legends? Make me think...." Finally he responded with his calm voice."Ok. Here it is!" He stood up and smiled at Lina. "One thousand years ago, Lyrid, one of the most important general of the Sharis Kingdom fell in love with a very beautiful girl: Laisha. She returned his love but unfortunatly she was engaged with one of the most powerful sorcerer is never existed on the Earth: Rasputin. But Lyrid didn't give in. And guided from the absurd and stupid tenacity that you humans call love - "

"Don't find fault with our manners and go on!" Lina reprimanded him. Now she was courious of the two young lovers story. On the countrary, Gourry falled asleep yet and now he slightly snoring with his head leaned against his arms crossed.

"..hem....so...how often happens.." Xellos continued "he abducted d guy!!!" Lina shouted furious. Now that the story was starting to be more interesting Xellos comments were very annoying.

"..hem...professional bias....." Xellos defended himself.

She give him a bad look. "Go on! What did Rasputin made to poor Lyrid?" She asked as she leaned against to the back's chair again. Gourry gave a start at this little argument but he continued to sleep.

"He made him fall in a deep sleep." Xellos responded take a mysterious expression on his face.


I hide myself in a dark corner. It's now the fun starts. I'll drive the game in a perfect way. You'll be afraid, yes, but slowly. You'll slide in my nightmare and when you'll be in it, I'll give you the coup the grace. He looks the room worried. He needs just to not see me to feel himself safe. Idiot. He slips quiet into bed. I decide to wait until his eyelid will close. And I don't mind how time it will need. I can wait for houres without became tired.

Finally he falls asleep. The tiredness has overcomed him. I approach him. My immaterial essence doesn't touch the floor and doesn't pruduce any sounds. He has his sword near but it will not be useful to him. I touch his forehead and put myself in the stream of his thoughts. He shiver but don't wake up. His face's muscles contract. All he can see now are the darkness I've created in his mind. He hears my voice, monotonal, that carries all the years I lived. My real voice.

"Zelgadiss" I say his name and he frowned. He recognized me. He don't understand what's going on and this bothers him.

Do you always want to have all under your control, don't you Zel? But this time is different. This is me.

He shift his head on the pillow.

You'd like to wake up, but you can't. I don't want. You have to sleep. I don't want you in my way between some minutes, when I'll pass to the second part of my plan. Because I know that you'd hamper me and I can't really accept this. I can feel your fear growing up every second. I needed only a finger to overcome you. Say, Zel-chan, you're almost a disappointment. But stop now, I have to go.

I smile and a doubt appear in his mind. Yes, Zel, I'll do exactly what are you thinking. But you'll continue to dream, my friend.


"And stop?" Lina exclaimed surprised. "Only this? And all his great plans? Didn't he hurted him?"

Xellos smiled. He've waited a question like this."Oh sure. He hurted Lyrid a lot, so much to destroy his heart."

"But if he just made him sleep, what kind of pain did he could give to Lyrid?" Lina asked.

"Oh, Lina-chan. It's simple. Why don't you try to think about it?" Xellos said to her as he get closer almost touching her nose. The young sorceress shook her head resigned.

"Rasputin destroyed the only thing that Lyrid cared in the world, so driving him in the deepest pain" Xellos said the last words very slowly to create pathos.


It's hour to leave you.


I disappear from his room and I appear again in the corridor. I stare at the door in front of me. Now it's your turn Little Princess.


"LAISHA?!?!?!?!?!" Shouted Lina, almost upset.

Xellos smiled. "Yes, exactly" then his gaze turned serious again. "he stabbed her in the stomach with a silver dagger, of a rare workmanship, full of the power that the demons have given directly to it."

Lina listened to him attentively, her eyes wide open, fixed on the demon's. She was so taken by the story that she didn't even care, how she would at a different time, what did became of the precious dagger. A silence almost macabre had fallen into the room, interrupted only by the fire's crackling and the Xellos' deep voice. "The girl didn't have any chance to save herself. But the worst thing was that Rasputin woke up Lyrid and made him see the agony of his so beloved Laisha."

Lina opened her mouth but couldn't say anything. Usally the Xellos' legends didn't trouble her too much. Amelia was the one that screamed, hidding herself under a table o, with the latest times, into the Zel's arms.

But this time there was something different, she felt it. Something she didn't want to talk about. Something she didn't even try to ask to Xellos.


I enter in the room. It's not difficult for me to go beyond the locked door. The Little Princess is quiet, sleeping, wrapped in the blankets. She smiles in her sleep. Is she dreaming her Zelgadiss?

Oh, don't worry Amelia, you'll see him again sooner than you think.

I bends down to her. "Wake up" I order, hissing the words in her hear. It was a whisper, a grumble that crosses her mind. She opens her eyes. She sees me. She screams and jumps, sitting on the bed. "Xellos? What the hell are you doing here?" she asks me, breathing deeply to calm down. I surprised her and that has slightly upset her. But she's not afraid of me. Not yet.

I smile. "Exactly" I respond, refering to the 'hell' she was talking about moments before. She frowns. I open my eyes and stare at her. She draws back, getting out of bed.

"Wh-what do you want from me?" she asks me, gulping.

"Nothing particular, don't worry" I approach. She leans her back against the wall. The palms of her hands on the bricks. I face her. She's shivering. "Say, Little Princess" I start as I play with a lock of her black hair. She watches my movements out of the corner of her eye. "You've done a thing you really have not to do." I say, shaking my head. I'm not looking at her now.

"I....I haven't done anything to you, Xellos" she murmurs. Suddenly I turn towards her and she jolts.

"Do you believe so?"

She nods.

"Well, that's not so" I say, taking her chin in my fingers. "that's not so. Otherwise why would I have came here to punish you?"

"Wh...." But she can't finish because I pierce her stomach with the Zelas' dagger. The blade is warm and shining with the power of My Lady. Quickly I pull it out and suddenly the hot blood of the little girl fills my hands. She looks at me with her eyes and mouth wide open. The pain was so intense that she didn't even manage to scream. "Why?" She whispers with that bit of breath she still has. "Why have you done this, Xellos?"

I smile. "Because it was necessary" I responde. I take her in my arms. "Come my dear, we have to wait Zelgadiss."

"Leave him in peace" a cough stops her words. Another stream of blood goes out from her lips.

"Don't worry, I will not hurt him" I respond bored "At least not in the way you think."

I concentrate on Zelgadiss' mind, that I have kept prisoned all this time. Now it's time to free it. He'll wake up sure that something has happened. And he'll know that it's my fault. He'll came here to make sure that Amelia is all right. I know it. It's what I want.

Indeed........he enters, throwing open the door. On his face is painted fear, that becames true horror when he sees Amelia dying in my arms.

I smile.

"What have you done to her?" he screams, furious.

Yes, Zel, express all your hate, let the pain takes hold of you...like in the past.

Suddenly he approaches me and takes Amelia from my arms. She slowly turns her face towars him, with her eyes half-closed. The Chimera cast a healing spell.

You know it will not work, don't you Zel? She can't speak and finds difficult even to breath. The little princess is dying, but you don't want to give in, eh?

You're stubborn, like every human......which remainds me a new game to play with you.

I came near him.

"I can save her" I exclaim, breaking the perfect silence that there is in the room. He raises his head. There is hope in his eyes. He wants to accept the offer because he knews I'm the only one who can save her. But he knows very well the way I'd save her in.

You're torn, Zel, or I'd have to say: weak. Now the life of your dear, little Amelia is in my hands. Like your happiness.

He hesitates.

"She doesn't have much time. Look at her: do you want to lose her forever?" I urge him. It's funny to see how he's trying to decide the right thing.

But there isn't a right thing you can do, my dear Chimera. You are in my nightmare and I am the one who is driving this game. All your decisions will make you suffer. I want so.

"Well?" I ask again more impatient. I open my eyes to increase my power on him and the trick seems to work. It's incredible how the humans are impressionable. "I'll transform her in a mazoku and then you can embrace her again."

The Little Princess is crying and shaking her head. Very good. Well Done, Amelia. This your last, desperate gesture is on behalf of me. She's imploring him to let her die. What will you do, Zel? You'll let me save her and you'll resign yourself to her's new evil nature or you'll wait out her death, without moving a finger, even though you know you'll be persecuted by the remorse?

I love this situation. The air is full of pain and I can feel the fear of the two. My game has succeeded.

"Go away" Zelgadiss whispers "Go away. You've already made her suffer too much."

"So you've decided to let her die. Very good" I comment. Zelgadiss raises his head, his eyes are swollen and full of anger. "GO AWAY!!!!!!!" he screams. He clasps Amelia to his chest and starts to cry.

I smiles. As you like, Zel. Now that you've became again what you were in the past, I don't need to stay here any longer.

Suffer Zel.


When Xellos finished narrating the story, Lina took a deep breath. Then she noted that Amelia and Zelgadiss weren't in the room. "What a pity!" she exclaimed a little disappointed "Zel and Amelia didn't listen your story. I'm sure they'd like it."

Xellos grinned. "I don't really think so Lina-chan.........I don't really think so...." he whispered as he disappeared....


Fanfiction