Part 1: Bloom. A Prince is Born.


Author's Notes

Yes, I'm taking a small break from Slayers Serious. I decided to quit stressin' on the 4th chapter, Brain fry and work on a whole new short series fic. Le Fillette Revolutionnarie It's naturally based on another of my fav Anime series, Revolutionary Girl Utena. I thought it made a great idea for a Slayers (mainly Amelia,) fic. C&C are always welcome. Enjoy!


Isagiyoku Kakkoyoku Ikite Ikou...
Tatoe Futari Hanarebanare ni Natte mo... Take my revolution...

Hikari Sasu Garden, Te wo Toriai Chikaiatta Nagusameatta...
Mou Koi wa Nido to Shinai yo tte....
Sonna Tsuyoi Kessoku wa Katachi wo Kae...
Ima ja Konna ni Takumashii Watashitachi no Life style,
everyday...everytime...

Hoho wo Yoseatte Utsuru Shashin no Egao ni Sukoshi no Sabishisa...
Tsumekonde...

(Revolution!)

Isagiyoku Kakko yoku Ashita kara wa Dare mo ga Furimuku Onna ni Naru!
Tatoe Futari Hanarebanare ni Natte mo Kokoro wa Zutto Issho ni...

Ai wa Okane dewa Kaenai tte Shitteiru kedo...
"I" de Okane wa Kaeru no? T.V. de Itteta...
Mukandou...Mukanshin Kiri ga Nai ne...
Wakai Ko Minna Sou da to Omowareru no wa feel so bad! Doushiyou mo Nai...
ja nai...

Demo ne Watashitachi Tomodachi no Koto Nani yori Taisetsu ni Shiteru
Kitto Otona yori mo...

(Revolution!)

Yume wo Mite Namida Shite Kizutsuite mo Genjitsu wa Gamushara ni Kuru ... shi!
Jibun no Ibasho Sonzai Kachi wa Nakusenai Jibun wo Mamoru tameni...

(Ha...)

I'll go my way...Modorenai Sorezore no Michi wo Erabu Toki ga Kuru Toki ni....
Konnani mo Konnani mo Taisetsuna Omoide...Toki Hanatsu yo...

Take my revolution...Ikite ikou Genjitsu wa Gamushara ni Kuru shi!
Jibun no Ibasho Sonzaikachi wo Mitsuketai Kyou made no Jibun wo...

Isagiyoku Nugisuteru Hadaka ni naru Jiyuu wo Mau Bara no Youni!
Tatoe Futari Hanarebanare ni Natte mo...

Watashi wa Sekai wo Kaeru...

(That's revolution...)

I'll go on living bravely and heroically...
Even if I have to separate the two of us... Take my revolution...

In the sunny garden, hand in hand, we consoled each other and swore...
that we would never fall in love again....

Our unity was so strong that it changed its form...
And our life style is now so robust, everyday...every time...

Into a picture of us smiling cheek to cheek...
I crammed a little bit of my loneliness...

(Revolution!)

As of tomorrow, I'll be such a brave, heroic woman that everybody would ...
look back at me!
Even if we two become separated, let's keep our hearts together forever...

I know money can't buy love...
But can love buy me money? They said on T.V...
Apathy ... indifference; It's so endless...
They think young people are all this way; Feel so bad! But how could we
help ourselves?

But listen, I believe we care about friends more than anything, more than grown-ups do... ( Revolution!)

Dreaming, crying, and getting hurt, but reality is still coming over and over...
I can't lose my seat and the value of my existence to protect myself!

I'll go my way; No turning back; Before the time comes for each of us to.
Choose a different way...
I'll release so precious, so precious a part of my memory...

Take my revolution; I'll go on living since reality is coming over and over...
I want to find my seat and the value of my existence, which was me until ...today....
I will shed my clothes and strip myself bravely, like roses whirling in freedom!
Even if I have to separate the two of us, I will change the world...

(That's revolution...)


Several Winter's had come and gone, Spring melted the last few traces of the snow, and quickly, Summer made itself known in the kingdom of Saillune. Nearly three years had passed since the battle with Darkstar took place in the Phantom City of Sairaag. Lina and Gourry continued their travels, possible allowing their feeling's for each other to bloom, Jiras and his 'big sister' Filia had set up a small pottery shop near old Sairaag. Together they both were responsible for the upbringing of the quickly growing, Ancient Dragon, Valgarv. Amelia had returned to her kingdom, taking up her duties as the crown princess of Saillune while Zelgadis continued his search his cure in the lands of desolate waste.

Amelia tossed and turned in her bed. One of her many restless nights. She didn't get much sleep after she returned home, things weren't the same. So many years of restless traveling, creaky inn bed's, stale meals, and the attempt to win food over Lina and Gourry, she missed it all terribly. Amelia sighed, sitting up in bed and sweeping the sweat from her knitted brow. Pulling the sheet's back she tip-toed out of bed over to the balcony window. She leaned over the balcony gazing down into the depths of night. The August breeze swept over her damp face, making her shiver uncomfortably. She grumbled to herself, shutting the glass windows softly. Amelia wrapped her robe around her herself and opened the door walking down the silent hall.

The Princess wrapped her arm's around herself protectively, blinking her eye's calmly. "Thing's just weren't the same..." She thought to herself. Lina had dropped in a disappointing two letters over the years. Not a word from Zelgadis though. Amelia shut her eyes, sulking for a moment. She at least thought he would drop some sort of line, especially after their final conversation. She hadn't actually confessed her feelings for him, but gave him a friendly choice to come back to Saillune with her. After exchanging a few word, a turn down, and her bracelet, they parted ways. She prayed to any deities that would answer foe his safety. She sighed softly making her way down the stairs heading to the kitchen for a little midnight snack.

Not only was the stress of losing her companions overbearing, but she was also losing her freedom. Having the heavy responsibilities of the kingdom, her father was also stressing on the matters of marriage, once again. She had remembered blushing and gushing over Martina's and Zangulus' wedding, Claiming how so wanted to be a bride. She smiled remembering Zelgadis' response..."Why Amelia, I thought you wanted to be a hero for justice." Justice. How just was it to marry without love, to a complete stranger? Trying to talk her father out of it was nonsense. It was true he only wanted to make sure her fortune was guaranteed with a good husband and maybe a few children. Amelia cocked her eyebrow at that. Marriage was defiantly something she wasn't ready for.

Amelia's sudden track of thinking came to a halt as one of her own young hand maidens burst through the lower hall door, knocking Amelia over along with the silver platter topped with priceless tea cups and other accessories she was carrying.

"GAH!"

Amelia rubbed her head, sprawled out on the floor, splotched with sugar and creme. The hand maiden fell with a crash, she gasped and quickly began cleaning up the mess. Her eye's were distant and frightened as she gazed at Amelia.

"Miss. Amelia, forgive me!"

Amelia recognized the girl as Cloie, one of the newer maid's at the Kingdom. The maid dashed to her side and quickly set her to her feet, taking a cloth from her apron sweeping the contents that fell on to her night gown. Amelia tried to calm the frantic girl just a few years older than herself.

"Miss. Cloie, it's all right, really."

She smiled assuring her, leaning down and help picking up the remaining glasses. Amelia glanced towards her gasping at the sight of a large inflicted bruise across her cheek. Cloie noticed where the Princess had been looking and quickly bent down and picking up the tray, bowing and making her way back to the kitchen.

"Thank you, Miss. Amelia."

"H-Hai..."

Amelia watched as she left in a hurry. Who would have such a thing to such a nice young lady. Amelia shook her head, her ambitions getting in the way of reason. She quickly followed her in to the kitchen, where she originally was heading to go. Amelia entered the kitchen, watching as Cloie set on a new pot of tea. The hand maiden had swept her hair over her face, covering the wound. She turned to the princess.

"Couldn't sleep, Miss. Amelia, can I get you anything?"

Amelia smiled and stepped forward taking a seat at a small round table inside the kitchen.

"Some tea would be great."

Cloie sat next to her smiling as if nothing had accrued in the hallway, with Amelia noticing the wound on her angelic face.

"Forgive me for being so clumsy before, I've never worked in such a large castle."

Amelia shook her head and glanced the tea pot preparing on the stove.

"Think nothing of it."

Amelia gazed at her softly, shrinking back slightly when the maids eyes grew nervous and darted around the room, clasping her hand against her cheek.

"Miss. Cloie, W-What happened?"

Amelia asked wearily. Cloie stood and poured two cups of tea, mixing in some honey and took her place at the table again.

"Tell me Amelia, have you ever been in love?"

A blush spread across Amelia's cheeks as someone's name came across her mind. She hesitantly nodded yes towards the sulking maiden.

"I see, I was in love once. He seemed to be the most magnificent man in the entire world to me. So gallant, brave, gentle."

She sighed looking into the reflection of her tea cup. Amelia pressed further, taking a small sip of her tea.

"What happened?"

She asked softly so as not to hurt her feelings if something tragic had happened.

"He changed, Miss. Amelia. As most men do, they lure you in, and when they have you hooked, they betray you, treat you like you're nothing. All the love...all the gentleness fades so fast."

She sighed softly shaking her head gently. Amelia watched stunned as tears slid from her cheeks. Before she could offer some confer, Cloie turned and slapped her hands on her shoulder, her eye's were red and brimmed with tears.

"M-Miss. Clo - "

"Listen to me Amelia, don't let yourself be trapped by them. They're all the same, they claim they love you, making you think the would o anything for you! Then they do things like this to you!"

She swiped he hair away from her face, exposing the bruise. Amelia gasped and shook her head.

"You mean...he did this to you?! Bu-But why!?"

"Because that's how men are."

She touched her hand to her face again sighing.

"No, no Miss. Cloie, not all men are like that!"

"So young and innocent...Princess Amelia., get away from this tyranny of having to be married for your own sake."

She stood up walking to the door, she looked back at Amelia, a stern look on her face.

"If you're waiting for your prince to come to you on a white horse, don't waste your time...he's not coming."

he said softly, sauntering down the hallway she had come from, leaving Amelia to think. She gazed in the direction she had left, eye's glimmering. She couldn't be right, could she? Certainly Zelgadis wasn't like that. Neither was Mr. Gourry. Then again Zelgadis hadn't wrote her at all these long three years. She lowered her head, tears burning her eye's as they clouded her vision. The last thing she wanted was to end up like Cloie. She was strong and just, but also had normal human weaknesses for love and compassion. She wouldn't let that happen! She wouldn't let so many girls desperate for affection from a prince that would never come.

She wouldn't let them suffer, if there prince didn't exist she would create him within herself. Amelia beamed with pride as she ran back to her room. She decided her new fate that night. She wasn't sure what was to come tomorrow, or the day after that. But she would bring it on, with a smile. She climbed back into bed, snuggling deeply into the confer and warmth of her bed. "Prince Amelia Wil Tesla Saillune..." She mumbled softly before slipping into dream land.


Part 2   |   Fanfiction