The Boy is Mine


Author's Note

The Boy is Mine is by Brandy & Monica.


You need to give it up.
Had about enough.
It's not hard to see, the boy is mine.
I'm sorry that you
Seem to be confused
He belongs to me
The boy is mine

Lina glared into Amelia's eyes as Amelia was glaring into Lina's. Zelgadiss muttered an uh-oh. Firia smacked her forehead. When will this end? This has gone for a long time. Lina wrapped her arms into Zelgadiss's. Not wanting to be outdone, Amelia wrapped her arms into Zelgadiss's other arm. Tightly. They both gave each other The-boy-Is-Mine looks. Zelgadiss freed himself from their clutches and hid behind Gourry.

(Brandy)
I think it's time we got this straight
let's sit and talk face to face
There is no way you could mistake
him for your man - are you insane?

"Amelia... Look.. you know it, I know it. Zel doesn't have any feelings for you.. so why don't you just buzz off?" Lina said as she folded her arms. "Isn't it obvious?" Lina added. "Anyway, you're too young for him." She went on as if the only people in the world were her and Amelia. Zelgadiss, who was behind a very confused Gourry gulped.

(Monica)
See I know that you may be
just a bit jealous of me.
But you're blind If you can't see
that his love is all in me.

"Lina... I know you're just jealous." Amelia replied with a barf from Lina. "You see.. he really is mine. He told me so. I know that because he told me that he reserved his heart for me. What makes you think I'm too young for him anyway? At least I'm more developed than you." Amelia continued. Zelgadiss sweatdrops.

(Brandy)
You see I try to hesitate
I didn't want to say what he told me
He said without me he couldn't make
it through the day, ain't that a shame.

"Amelia.. Amelia.. you have no idea what he told me. And I will keep that as a secret only between the two of us. " Lina answered with a fire eyed Amelia. "But I might as well tell you anyway. You see , he told me that he could live without me. I'm the food to his soul, the air when he breathes, the cure when he's sick." Lina narrowed her eyes. Zelgadiss almost fainted but Gourry managed to hold on him.

(Monica)
Maybe your misunderstood
Cause I can't see how he could
wanna change something that's so good
Because my love was all it took.

"Lina.. Lina... you mean, he told me the same thing. That was meant for me not you. Maybe you misunderstood. It's a natural mistake Lina." Amelia grinned with a scowl from Lina. "I don't think he'd ever want to change me for you. Anyway, he told me that I am his one and only, Lina," Amelia smiled cheekily. Zelgadiss facefaulted.

(Monica)
Must you do the things you do
keep on acting like a fool
You need to know it's me not you
And if you didn't know it girl, it's true.

"Lina-san.. please don't make such a fool out of yourself. I'd pity to see someone suffering a heartache. Let me make this clear. " Amelia cleared her throat. "He loves me not you."

(Brandy)
I think that you should realize
I'm trying to understand why
He is a part of my life
I know it's killing you inside.

"Amelia.. my sweet Amelia... You don't understand. See.. Zel can't live without me. I've became a part of his soul. If I go then he goes.. And by the way.. isn't three's a crowd?" Lina sneered while Amelia shoot daggers at Lina. Zelgadiss was almost in a coma.

(Monica)
You can say what you want to say
What we have you can't take
From the truth you can't escape
I can tell the real from the fake.

"Lina.. Lina-chan... You can say what you want but it won't change my mind about the Me and Zelgadiss's relationship. I understand Lina.. You can't face the truth.. but Lina someday you have to swallow the hard truth that Zel is forever mine." Amelia shot back receiving a grimace from Lina. Zelgadiss was definitely in a trance now.

(Brandy)
When will you get the picture
You're the past I'm the future
Get away it's my time to shine
if you didn't know the boy is mine.

"Amelia... dear Amelia.... You are the one who can't face the facts. Why can't you just choose someone from hundreds of suitors back home and leave Zel? I tell you that Zelgadiss is mine. We both love each other Amelia. Really we do!" Lina gloated while Amelia pouted. Now it's time for Gourry to be in a trance. Firia shook her head. She had to attend two people in a trance.

(Monica)
You can't destroy this love I've found
Your silly games I won't allow
the boy is mine without a doubt
You might as well throw in the towel.

"Lina.. oh.. Lina... What ever you say, you can't continue on like this. The truth does hurts but you can't take your revenge on me. Lina. He is Mine! We are one!" Amelia said, raising her voice. Lina snorted.

(Brandy)
What makes you think that he wants you
when I'm the one that brought him to
special places in my heart
Cause he was my love from the start

"Amelia.. Please look at yourself in the mirror. You're an immature brat. Who would want you anyway? Why don't you just head home like a good little princess and leave the mature Zelgadiss alone." Lina practically shouted. Amelia snickered sarcastically.

(Monica)
Not yours!

"Lina! Let Zel go! He's Mine!" Amelia said as she grabs Zel's right arm.

(Brandy)
But mine!

"Amelia!! He's mine!" Lina tugged on Zelgadiss left arm.

So there was a tug-of-war between Lina and Amelia. Zelgadiss went left, right, left, and right again. Unfortunately Zelgadiss was in a trance, so he was oblivious of what was happening.

"Not yours!!"

"But mine!!"

"Shut up!!!" Firia shouted over them. Amelia and Lina both stopped. "Don't you see what's happening to you both?! Didn't you listen to what each other has to say?!" Firia exploded. "Doesn't it even occurred to you that he's playing on you both?!"

Zelgadiss snapped from his trance, "Now Firia..."

"You should listen to yourselves! The humiliation for our fragile female emotions to be played!" Firia went on.

"Firia.. I don't think - " Zelgadiss began.

"Now you just keep your mouth shut, Mr. I-think-I'm-so-cool-I-can-have-two-girls-at-once!" Firia warned Zelgadiss, snapping her fingers. Zelgadiss kept his mouth shut.

"Oh.. Lina-san! Firia is right! Why should we even bother about Zelgadiss!" Amelia said in a puppy dog eyes. Zelgadiss stared in shock.

"You are right, Amelia. I don't know why we'd even bother to fight between him," Lina pointed to a hanging mouth Zelgadiss. "I'm sorry, Amelia!"

"I'm sorry, Miss Lina!" Amelia said as she hugged Lina. Zelgadiss frowned. No, this isn't the way it was suppose to happen.

"Zelgadiss! By the power of Justice! How dare you toyed with our delicate feelings!" Amelia said in her usual justice pose.

"Zelgadiss! You shall suffer the consequences!" Lina put in. Amelia stood beside Lina as they began chanting.

"No.. is that what I think it is?" Zelgadiss muttered. Lina and Amelia grinned an evil grin. "Yup," Zelgadiss agreed with his instinct.

"Dragu Slave!!!" Both of them released the powerful Dragu Slave spell and burn Zelgadiss to crisp. Lina and Amelia high five each other.

"Lina, wanna have a drink?" Amelia asked, grinning.

"Yes, Amelia! I guess friendship lasts more than boys! Let's go!" Lina said, happily.

"Come along, Firia!" Both of them said. Firia joined in and the trio began to sing 'You don't own me' from the 'First Wives Club' soundtrack.

'And don't tell me what to say...
And don't tell me what to do...'

"Wanna go and mend our broken hearts, Gourry?" the burnt Zelgadiss croaked.


Fanfiction