Prologue


The new Hellmaster was bored. She had only held the position for about twenty years but already she had nothing to do. She was bored to death. Forgive the pun. Hellmaster Hotaru was only half mazoku but she got this position because her father, Lord Ruby Eye, liked her so much. She had never met her mother, but she was told that she looked very much like her. Hotaru had waist length blue hair and blue-violet eyes. She was sitting on her throne and still bored.

Just a moment later her favorite servant came into the room. She never had to call him to her; he always just knew when she wanted him around. He was gorgeous with silver hair reaching down to his knees. Even though his hair covered up his right eye, you could still see the brilliant golden slit-pupils shining through. He had large, black feathery wings coming out of his back that almost reached the ground. He also had long black pants to match.

"Good afternoon, Hotaru-sama. Is there anything I can do to decrease your boredom?" Vaughn was by far Hotaru's favorite servant. The fact that he was an incubus seemed to only add to her favor.

In a teasing/innocent voice, she replied, "Oh really, what did you have in mind for 'decreasing my boredom'?"

"I think you know exactly what I have in mind, my mistress." With that, Vaughn came over and kissed Hotaru passionately, yet tenderly, on the lips. As she melted into his arms, she let herself be led to her bedroom.

A few hours later, as the two rested in eachother's arms, Hotaru remembered how bored she was. "You know, as much as I enjoy this, I need a new project or something to keep me busy."

"Why don't you start another war. That should keep you occupied for a while."

"No that wouldn't work. We wouldn't win. Can't do that until another piece of father is found."

"You could always come over and visit." Xellos Metallium, Priest -- General to the Beastmaster had just appeared in the room. "Juuou-sama asked me to come here and invite you over for some wine. Should I tell her she can be expecting you?"

"Yeah, sure I'll be there in a moment." Xellos phazed out of the room and Hotaru got out of bed to get dressed. None of the other mazoku lords really liked Hotaru all that much, but Zelas was the most civil towards her. She thought that it might have something to do with who her mother was.

Meanwhile, on Wolf Pack Island, Xellos phazed into his master's main audience chamber to find her lounging on her fur covered throne. Bowing down to his mistress, he announced that Hellmaster should be there shortly, and he was dismissed. A few moments later, Hotaru showed up.

"You wanted to see me Zelas-san?"

"I'm glad you could come. Have you heard about this new threat?"

"No, who is it?"

"Nobody knows. Anybody who has ever seen it, hasn't survived to tell. All that is ever left from them is maybe a bit of shredded clothing, or something of the like."

"Kowaii. What do you want me to do about it?"


Chapter 1   |   Fanfiction