Chapter 3


Amelia followed Lina all the way to her room.

"Miss Lina, what happened?"

Lina was fighting her tears back as she turned around to face Amelia, "Didn't you just hear them?!" Her voices sounded hurt yet angry.

"Well, yes... I mean no, I couldn't understand everything they were saying..." replied Amelia.

"Amelia, Sylpheel just asked to be Zelgadis girlfriend, damn it!!" Lina smashed her fist against her door frustrated.

Amelia just stared blankly into space. This couldn't be! Her Zelgadis and... and... that priestess? This couldn't be true, Lina must have understood it wrongly...

"But he... he loves me! He can't love Miss Sylpheel" her voice was trembling, tears rolled down her check.

Lina opened the door to her room, "I need to be alone..." the sorceress told her as the door was closed in front of her face. Amelia fell on her knees and cried silently.

This was so unfair!! She had always loved Zelgadis and now... now she had lost him to Sylpheel who had always seemed only to be interested in Gourry! Had she really be that blind not to notice the feelings her Zelgadis had for the priestess? Why couldn't he love her instead of Sylpheel? She had always shown him how much she cared for him and yet... he had decided for someone else.

Why did he choose her over me??! The tears didn't seem to want to stop rolling down her cheeks and the only thing that could be heard in the silence of the night were her sobs.


Xellos sat on her bad clutching her pillow as a tear appeared in her eye.

She had returned from a meeting with her mistress and wanted to ask Lina about the next stop of their journey when she had heard the conversation between the sorceress and the princess. Lina had said that Sylpheel and Zelgadis were together.

Xellos closed her eyes and hide her face in the pillow and brought her knees closer to her.

That stupid girl had taken Zelgadis from her and that hurt her deeply, she had never thought that she could be hurt by a human that way. If her mistress would see her in this moment she would probably make fun of her, a high-ranked Mazoku crying about some lost man. It would be the joke of the century.

She lay back on her bed feeling a little calmer. There had to be a way to get Zelgadis for herself without hurting his feelings. Meaning she couldn't go and simply decapitate the priestess, it would only make Zel hate her and that was definitely not what she wanted.

This wasn't fair, she had worked so hard to stop Zelgadis from finding his cure and now that lil' Miss innocence had just ruined it all.

Xellos looked out through the window at the star filled sky.

Well, at least she had more chances to get Zel for herself than Lina or Amelia had, by destroying every possible cure for him... As long as Zelgadis stayed chimera she still had a chance, she would just have to wait until mother nature took the work of eliminating Sylpheel for her. Xellos smiled to herself.

Yes! That was the best she could do at the moment without destroying Zelgadis happiness. She would wait until it was her time to act. And she definitely had all the time in the world.


Lina closed the door in front of Amelia's face. She leaned against the door and slid down to the ground letting tears roll freely down her face. She had lost him. Him, the man she had fallen in love with. The one that she most trusted in the world, the one who had stolen her heart without even knowing it.

She couldn't blame him for loving someone else than her.

Nor could she blame Sylpheel for loving Zelgadis, afterall Lina knew how handsome he was. Sure it had shocked her that Zelgadis had feelings for the priestess, but that was something she couldn't help either... or could she?

She fell silent. Crying didn't help anybody and it only made her head feel like it had been hit over and over again by a rock, she reminded herself. She listened to the silence around her... she could hear Amelia outside her room sobbing.

Lina stood up and wanted to get out and comfort Amelia. Afterall she surely felt worse than she did. The princess had always believed in those imaginary feelings Zelgadis had for her. Sure he felt something for her, but Lina was sure that he just saw her as a lil' girl that needed protection... more like a little sister, she guessed....

The sorceress stopped herself from opening the door. If she went out there she would have to explain Amelia why she had broken into tears and why she had almost slammed the door in her face. And she wasn't exactly in the mood to explain herself.

She turned around and opened the window by her bed. Then she lied down in her bed wishing that tomorrow it all would turn out to be just one of those nightmares she always made Xellos responsible for...


Chapter 4   |   Fanfiction