Chapter 5


The next morning Sylpheel woke up in her room feeling better than she had in a long time. This day was going to be wonderful. She felt full of energy.

She looked outside. The sun was shining bright at the horizon. She smiled happily.

Yesterday in the evening she had talked to Gourry about Zelgadis and Xellos and the swordsman hadn't been very surprised to hear the Xellos was truly a woman. He had even told her that he had suspected it for a long time now. Actually since the visit of that city were they all had to dress up as women. She had had to laugh at the thought of Gourry dressed up in some weird pink dress.

Sylpheel started to dress up.

Today she and Xellos were going to have a nice talk. How could she kept something like that a secret? That hadn't been very nice of her. And Xellos definitely had to do something about that fashion sense of hers, a proper lady didn't dress like a man even if she was a Mazoku.

The priestess walked out of her room and down the stairs. She wanted to start ordering breakfast for the others, afterall the cook had to be prepared for Lina's, Gourry's and Amelia's appetite. She giggled to herself at the thought of them fighting over their meals.


Xellos teleported into the dining room to see if the others were already over some ridiculous food fight. Of course she could check it over the Astral plane but it was more fun to do it the old-fashioned way.

"Good Morning Xellos-san!" the trickster priestess hear a familiar voice behind her and turned around.

"Ah, good morning Sylpheel. Did you have a good rest?" she asked the priestess, controlling herself to keep her smile on her face, Sylpheel was the last person she wanted to see now.

"Yes, thank you." She smiled at Xellos, "Xellos-san, I wanted to talk to you...well, actually I wanted to ask you something..."

"Yes?" Xellos asked curiously, she didn't know what Sylpheel might want to know....

The trickster smiled to herself. What ever it was she was going to answer it with 'sore wa himitsu des'.

"Could we sit down please?"

"Sure, no problem." Now what she could probably want to know from 'me'?....

"Xellos-san, I was talking to Zelgadis-san last night and he told me about you..." Sylpheel blushed slightly, "I mean you being a woman and all..."

Xellos opened her eyes and started at the priestess. She hadn't expected this. That statement had taken away all of her usual defenses. Sylpheel continued talking avoiding eye contact with the trickster priestess, "... Why didn't you tell us?" now she looked directly into her eyes, "We are your friends, aren't we? We have a right to know." She turned ashamed her face so she didn't have to face Xellos, "I'm sorry if I intruded into your privacy..."

Xellos closed her eyes, "So he told you... I'm sure you two don't keep any secrets from each other." She laughed bitterly.

The priestess was surprised by this and blinked a few times. She had expected that Xellos would at least tell her to keep her nose out of other people's business, but she had just laughed about it.... "So it's true then?"

Xellos nodded, there was no use trying to hide it now.

Sylpheel smiled sweetly at the trickster.

Xellos didn't know how to react to that so she smiled.

Sylpheel reached for Xellos cape with her left hand, "We have to do something about your clothes. A lady doesn't dress like this!"

Xellos smiled nervously, she needed a good excuse or she would be going to every shop in this town with Sylpheel dragging her behind herself buying her all sort of dresses. "Don't worry Sylpheel, I'm more comfortable in this clothing." Sylpheel made a disapproving face.

Xellos sweatdrop, "Look, I haven't told the others about me because I don't want them to know. So please keep that secret for you a little longer. As long as I don't want to share my 'secret' with the others I have to be dressed like this."

"...I told Gourry-sama...but I promise I won't tell anyone else if you don't want me to..." her voice was almost a whisper.

Xellos face landed on the table. This girl was unchangeable, always Miss shy and Xellos had started thinking that she might have some wit in her.... Oh well....

"I guess then, that you only told Zelgadis-san because you have feelings for him, ne?" asked Sylpheel looking curiously with her big green eyes at Xellos.

Xellos fell from the chair.

"Xellos-san!! Are you all right?" she walked over to help the trickster up.

"Y...yeah..." Xellos sat back on the chair and shocked her head unbelievingly, "Could you repeat what you just said?" Xellos looked with open eyes at the priestess, she wanted to assure herself that what she had just heard hadn't just been some weird joke of her own imagination.

"Well, ... I asked if... if you had feelings for Zelgadis-san...." she stammered.

"..." Xellos looked blankly at the priestess for some moments, "... Would you be jealous if I said yes?

"Jealous? Me? Why should I?" asked Sylpheel confused.

"You're Zelgadis' girlfriend, aren't you supposed to be jealous to find out that there's another woman that loves him?"

Sylpheel blushed all sort of different red shades and looked shocked at the trickster, "I'm not Zelgadis-san's girlfriend!"

Now it was Xellos turn to look confused, "You're not??!"

"No! I love Gourry-sama! How did you possible get the idea I was in love with Zelgadis-san?" the priestess continued blushing.

Xellos sighted happily, "You don't want to know..."

After a few moments of silence Sylpheel spoke up smiling, "Xellos-san promise me that you will go shopping with me."

Xellos face landed once more on the table, Sylpheel wasn't going to give up on that matter. "Sylph-chan, I don't want to..."

Sylpheel looked seriously at the trickster, "I won't tell the others about your secret, but I want in return that you to go shopping with me!"

Xellos sweatdroped, the priestess would definitely not change her mind until she agreed, "Oh well, why not..."

Sylpheel smiled happily at the trickster. Xellos forced a nervous smile to appear on her face, she just hoped she wouldn't regret this.... Just in that moment Zelgadis appeared with Amelia who just seemed to gleam with happiness. Xellos made an disgusting sound but kept her smile on her face. Even though the problem of Sylpheel was solved there was still that stupid justice obsessed princess.. and Lina-chan of course...

"Good Morning Amelia-san, Zelgadis-san" the priestess greeted them politely.

"Good Morning" they both replied.

Just in that moment Gourry was thrown down the stair and landed against the wall, Sylpheel ran to him.

"You stupid jellyfish brain!! Don't ya enter into my room like that!!" Lina screamed from upstairs.

Zelgadis and Amelia sighted. Another normal day...


Chapter 6   |   Fanfiction