I Do, Cherish You


Notes

I Do, Cherish You ... sung by Mark Wills.


All I am, all I'll be.
Everything in this world, all that I'll ever be
is in your eyes shining at me.

A rough day like any other as Lina and Zel walked away from their group, possibly to never see them again. The sun slowly sank behind some mountains in the distance, spreading a sanguine color over the lands and throwing shadows out in front of the couple. The two capes billowed in the soft breeze that the setting sun stirred up and wiped away the tears that slowly streamed down a young girl's face. It was time to say goodbye...

When you smile I can feel, all my passion unfolding.
Your hand brushes mine,
and a thousand sensations seduce me cause I...

A blonde man places a gentle hand on the girl's shoulder as he watches his two friends walk off through the tall grasses. As he moves, a long sword chinks at his side and his blue eyes have a longing look to them. A few words are muttered to the black-haired girl and she nods slowly, wiping away her tears. She sees the two hands slowly brush up against each other...

I do, cherish you.
For the rest of my life you don't have to think twice.

The couple arrive in a town and have rooms set aside for them in a local inn. Silence prevails over them as their memories stir deep... back to happier times. As food is set before them, the crimson haired one eats as if the world is coming to an end and the tan-clad male watches her with a bemused expression on his face. His gaze was gentle though...

I will, love you still. From the depths of my soul,
it's beyond my control. I've waited so long to say this to you,
if you're asking if I love you this much... I do.

They wander out into a garden, Lina looking about and Zel with his eyes on her. He was careful to keep his expression hidden as he strides along, nodding every now and then to something said. She finally catches his eyes on her and stops, turning about to face him. Her mouth moves in a silent question, ‘What?'

In my world before you.
A little outside my emotions, didn't know where I was going
till that day, I found you.

The man's mind wanders back... back to the first time he had set eyes upon her. Then, they had been enemies, fighting against each other. His memories flash forward to the several times after they had decided to band together. Before her... his life had meant nothing. Look for a cure, follow the leads, find them a dead end. That's all his life had been... until Lina. She had shown him something else in this life... what is was to live for someone else.

How you opened my life, to a new paradise.
In a world torn by change, still with all my heart, till my dying day.
I do... cherish you.

He takes her hands in his, eyes searching her's intently. A slow, hesitant smile spreads across his be-pebbled face. Gently he leans down to kiss her, giving her leeway if she wishes to pull back. She responds to his kiss more than he had thought, bright red eyes closed tightly and leaning into his strong body.

For the rest of my life, you don't have to think twice.
I will, love you still. From the depths of my soul, it's beyond my control.

Slowly Zel lowers to his knee, removing a small black case. Opening it before the astonished eyes of Lina, he produces a small ring beset with diamonds and a band of pure gold. Not much... but just enough for them. Lovingly, he slips it onto her ring finger as he gazes into her eyes. So dear to him... the question comes and she nods.

I've waited so long to say this to you, if you're asking do I love you this much...
yes I do. If you're asking if I love you this much, I do.

The wedding is small for that is what they wanted. All their friends are there, some teary-eyed and smiling. Some... in the case of a certain Mazoku, glowering and grumpy. The priest recites the words then grins at Zel. "I do." She repeats the words at the right time, and then they kiss... happily.

Oh, I do.


Fanfiction