All For Her Love


Filia watched as Gourry and Lina went off for yet again another walk in the woods and left behind Amelia, Zel, Xellos and herself behind at the inn... AGAIN.

Amelia smiled happily. "How romantic! I'm so glad we got those two together! Aren't you Filia-San?"

Filia only muttered unintelligibly and poked at her plate.

The other three blinked. Uh-oh... Filia was angry....

"Zelgadis-san?" Zelgadis turned to Amelia's voice. "Wanna take a walk?"

Zelgadis blinked. Xellos smiled, "You know you two can go... I'm sure Filia and I can get along just fine."

Zelgadis looked wary but shrugged and he and Amelia left. Xellos smiled at Filia who was staring at her plate.

Rats... Her staring at her plate was not going to get them anywhere.

"Filia?" he waved a hand in her general direction.

No response.

"Filia?" he waved a picture of her in a bathing suit.

Still no reaction.

"Filia-CHAN..."

She froze in mid poke at her carrots.

"Good now that I have your attention-NOUCH!"

The wind was knocked out of him as she shoved the table all the way to where it hit him in the stomach hard, and she stomped up the stairs leaving the food drenched Xellos in the middle of the dinning area.

Filia sat down at the table in her room and looked out the window to the crescent moon. All of a sudden she heard a noise outside. Out of curiosity and confusion she opened the window and looked out as it swung open. She pushed the table to the side so she could step to the window.

"Oh Filia-chan, Filia-chan, deny thy conscience and refuse thy race!"

Filia blanched as she recognized the voice. "XELLOS?!?"

"It is the east and dear Filia chan, might I say your beauty doth outshine that of the Sun itself."

Filia totally flipped out. "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TRYING TO DO YOU MAZOKU FRUITCAKE?!?"

"She speaks! O speak again, bright angel for thou art more glorious than the night!"

Filia could feel heat color through her cheeks. She was ready to die. She put her head on the windowsill, "What is your mental damage you twisted crazy - "

"Such endearing words! How could one such as I resist the tempting lure of your inner beauty..."

"XELLOS SHUT UP! Someone might hear you!!!"

"All the better! Let the world know how I feel for you! How I admire the way the sun glistens on your beautiful golden hair! Your blue crystalline eyes are more beautiful than - "

CRASH!!!!

The flower vace shattered on impact when it connected with his head.

"OWWW.... Filia-chan why'd you do that?" he whined.

Filia blushed at the 'chan' comment and tried to ignore it. But unfortunately as a Mazoku he could sense her emotions and he smiled. Dusting himself up he teleported to her large open window and levitated there facing Filia.

Filia backed up a step when he did that, he was way too close for comfort. Though she would never in a million years admit she didn't mind it...

Xellos grabbed her wrist and pulled her toward him and she felt her legs hit the wall as she put her hands on the sill to stop herself.

"Xellos Metalium what on earth do you think you are - " she was cut off as he floated close to her and wrapped his arm around her waist using his other hand to bring her face to his. He then kissed her deeply and passionately and with all the emotion he could.

Filia's breath caught in her throat as he kissed her, unbidden emotions rising within her like a tide during a storm. She knew she was as red as Lina's hair, she could feel it. She didn't know whether to push him away or pull him closer.

He than, if it was even possible, pulled her closer and deepened the kiss to the point where Filia wasn't even thinking straight, instead she began kissing him back much to her own shock.

She finally broke the kiss and stepped back.

"What are you doing?" she didn't know whether to glare or just stare in shock.

"Kissing you," he traced a finger down her face and she shivered, "Isn't that obvious?"

"Stop that, I am not something for your amusement, nor am I an object you - "

He put a finger to her lips and opened his eyes much to her startlement. She almost pulled back and had it not been for the arm around her waist, she would of.

"I am not using you and I do not think of you as an object."

"Xellos what is going on? Mazoku don't love. They cannot love - "

"Filia that is in no way true." his voice carried a tone of coldness.

Filia wanted out of this... She couldn't trust him.

"I can't trust you - " she said with what she hoped was finality.

"Because I'm Mazoku." he said releasing her waist causing her to stumble back slightly.

"Hai..." she half trembled as she saw his gaze go angry and she also noticed the hurt he couldn't fully hide.

He then disappeared.

That was it.

Poof.

Filia stared at the spot where he had disappeared and could only stand in shock.

"Xellos - "


Xellos was ready to kill something. Anything. How could she say that! After what he had done! After what he had told her! And she refused just because he was a Mazoku!

Had she any idea how much those careless words had hurt? He lowered his head from the emotional burden. What could he do...

He was to be honest... Tired of going on like this. He had done his job, more so... He had served his mistress without question for over a thousand years. Maybe he could retire...

Was Filia worth it? A little voice in his head nagged at him.

He seemed unsure of the answer and could only think of one single reply...

Yes.


"Mistress..." Xellos teleported before Zelas. She was lounging on her chair reading through a large book and sipping at wine in a glass. She looked up as he entered.

"Yes Xellos, what news do you have to tell me?"

"No news my mistress..."

"What is it you need than?" she looked at him with a raised eyebrow.

"I have served you faithfully and I ask you for something, this one time." he spoke humbly but boldly.

Zelas was needless to say... Surprised.

"And what is it?" her curiosity getting the better of her.

"I beg and ask thee for my freedom."

There was a LONG nasty silence.

"You wish to retire?" she said without emotion.

"Hai, my mistress." his head bowed low.

She seemed to consider this and he waited patiently for her response.

"Why do you want your freedom?" she asked quietly. He didn't answer before she suddenly smiled. "Alright."

He listened quietly to what was going to come after that.

"I believe I know why..."

He looked up to her startled but he hid it well.

"I have been watching you Xellos..." she took a sip of her wine. "You want to be human because of that Dragon maiden."

He did nothing but remain silent.

"Xellos, I will allow this. And you know why? Because all of us at one point or another want for something more. I even turned myself human for a matter of a day because I thought I had fallen in love. It nearly ended me. As it will most likely end you. So I shall give you your time of freedom."

"Mistress, what if I wish to remain huma - "

"Believe me, you won't."

He nodded and said nothing.

"Step forward Xellos." she put aside the book and her wine glass and stood up. She stepped to the middle of the room and stopped as he stood in front of her.

Gathering magic into her hands, she let it wash over her body as she paused. "This can only be undone by me and you realize that your magic will be considerably weakened?"

He nodded slowly.

She then put her hands on both side of his head and he bit back a cry of startlement as a wave of extreme pain, sharper than shattered glass, washed over him in waves.

It felt like fire ripping through him, he didn't know if he screamed out loud or only in his mind, it was probably outloud though. His inhuman scream pierced the air as his thoughts went incoherent and his mind slipped into unconsciousness.


Filia, Lina, Amelia, Gourry and Zel sat at the pool content. It was a warm sunny day and the girls were in swim ware as was Gourry. They were sunbathing, Amelia playing Gourry a game of chess and winning, Lina was getting a tan and Zel was in his outfit sitting under a large umbrella reading a book.

"Gee I wonder where Xellos is..." Amelia said suddenly.

Filia jumped in the water and Lina looked thoughtful.

"Well he probably had something to do nothing more." she answered.

"Filia-san? What do you think it is?" Amelia asked as Filia popped above the water for air.

"How should I know? I don't watch that fruitcakes actions. And I don't care." she tried to cover up her worry but when she noticed she had failed dived back under water to avoid questions.

The four stared at her retreating form in surprise.

"Is it me or did Filia-san sound - "

"A little concerned?" Zel finished for Amelia.

Before anyone could answer a female voice spoke up, "Are you Filia Ul Copt?"

Filia turned to the voice in surprise as she had just popped up again.

"Yeah what about it?"

The cloaked figure said nothing, but dropped a figure bundled in a large cloak in the water as an answer. Than she disappeared. Zel immediately jumped up shouting: "Filia thats a person!"

She immediately dove down again and grabbing the body, heaved it up to the top. She then began dragging it back to the steps of the pool trying to keep the head above water.

Zel took the body from her arms as she neared the steps and lifted it as if it were nothing. Gourry had placed a towel on the ground and they placed the body on the it. They took off the cloak and nearly face faulted in shock.

"OH MY GOSH! What happened to Xellos-san!?!?!" Amelia gasped.

His face looked very pale and his purple hair was soaking wet., as well as every other part of him.

"He's unconscious. What on earth could be that powerful to put HIM under?" Lina wondered out loud.

"One of us should heal him." Amelia reasoned.

"He's a Mazoku Amelia, we can't heal him." Zel pointed out.

"Lets drag him up to the room than." Gourry said in a sudden spurt of brilliance.

So thus the group dragged the unconscious ‘Mazoku' upstairs.


"Why do I have to watch him?" Filia asked.

"Because Amelia and I are tired. I don't want to handle him, Amelia couldn't handle him, Gourry's too stupid to handle him, and Zel would try to kill him." Lina put her hands on her hips.

Filia grumbled darkly and sighed giving up. "Fine."


Xellos woke up with a splitting headache. His eyes were cloesed and he realized his astral vision was no longer there. So he opened his eyes.

And a very beautiful sight greeted him. There was Filia asleep on the chair head on the table. He was covered and in the normal sized wooden bed. He sat up and looked at her feeling a smile cross his face.

Filia...


Filia lifted her head as the sun broke in through the window. Her senses telling her she wasn't the only one up. She turned to Xellos and found him sitting up, eyes open and ... Topless. She blushed furiously as she saw his well muscled chest. She couldn't get her eyes to move back up to his face for a moment and she heard a chuckle.

Xellos smiled as he saw Filia stare at him. Her eyebrows slightly raised as she looked at his torso. He couldn't suppress a chuckle at her face.

"Something wrong Filia?"

Filia went even redder and turned away. "Of course not."

"Oh alright than..." Xellos moved his legs and was about to throw back the blankets to stand up.

"STOP!" Filia suddenly cried out.

He paused, "What is it?"

"Keep those blankets on baka! Your not dressed! Your clothes were soaked and Gourry and Zel had to take them off you to dry them!" she had a blush on her cheeks and she seemed uncomfortable.

"Whats wrong Filia-chan? You seem so uncomfortable." he smiled as she squirmed under his gaze.

"Stop looking - " she paused and her eyes widened. "Why are your eyes open? Are they - ?" she jumped up and dashed over to him and looked at his normal amethyst eyes.

Xellos said nothing as he gazed back at her and she seemed glued to the spot.

His eyes were very beautiful... She felt her knees slightly shake. She had never known him to be so - Gorgeous.

"Like what you see?" he whispered softly.

"What happened to you? Your eyes aren't - " she trailed off.

"I'm human Filia-chan."

Blink blink.

"I became human."

THUMP!

"Sigh...."


Xellos threw back the blankets and straightening them up, used all his strength to pick her up teterously and placed her on it. His strength had weakened considerably. He walked over to the wall and put on his pants and sat in the chair and waited for Filia to come round.


Lina walked upstairs carrying a tray of lunch for Filia and Xell.

"Why do I have to do this? Where's Gourry or Amelia when you want fast, cheap and easy slave labor?" she grunted. She opened the door and when she walked in was greeted with quite a sight.

Filia was unconscious on the bed and Xellos was sitting in a chair with no shirt on, watching her. She may of loved Gourry but that didn't mean she didn't appreciate male beauty when she saw it.

She almost lost grip of the tray and she stumbled in, and catching her balance shut the door and faced Xellos.

"Hello Lina-san." he greeted.

Lina stared at Xellos wide eyed completely catatonic. She had never really seen a guy without his shirt on before.

"Lina-san?"

Stare.

"Lina?"

Stare.

"Oh look there's a slug on the floor."

"AGGHH!!!" The tray flew into the air and she ran and jumped on the bed diving at Xell in total fear.

She had a strong grip on his neck and hardly noticed Xell was turning blue.

"Miss-ACK! L-ina... GASP let-go! No-Slug!"

She released his neck and trembled. "nnnN-No sl-slug?"

GASP! CHOKE! Wheeze... "No..."

She jumped off him and looked around at the spilled food.

"Wonderful." she glowered.

Filia began waking up, well actually by this time she was opening her eyes.

"L-lina-sama?" she looked at Lina.

"Hi Filia. What happened to you?"

"Xellos - He...his... his eyes! He's not a Mazoku!" she said standing up.

Blink Blink.

"Nani?!?" Lina squealed.

"Well, I'm afraid it's true." Xellos said with a humorless smile.

"Your eyes - " Lina looked at him in shock. "You hardly ever have them open!"

"Well their gonna be open for a while Lina-san."

"It's true?" she asked in disbelief.

"Hai."

"Why on earth did you do something like that?!?" both women screeched.

Xellos sported a sweatdrop, "Well that - "

"Is a secret." they finished with a glare.

"Actually I was about to say, That is a secret I'm going to tell Filia."

Lina blanched and Filia got confused and a sudden feeling washed over her as she realized something that sent a wave of ice down her back.

"That's not fair!" Lina whined.

"Miss Lina, please go. We need to talk." she said in a monotone voice.

Lina looked as if she was ready to argue against that when she just sighed and shook her head. She than left, shutting the door behind her.

"Why Xellos?" she asked seriously.

He stood up and sat her down on the bed with him.

"Filia, I told you how I felt. And if the only way for me to be with you is to be a human, I'll be it. I want to be with you, more than you'll ever know." he whispered to her.

Filia's eyes had gone sad as she listened. He gave up his powers, immortality and rank, for her?

"Xellos - Undo this. I'll love you no matter what you are..." she blushed as she said this, Where on earth did that come from?!? "Turn back into a Mazoku, its the only way you'll survive.... and, I'll promise not to rebuke you in your feelings."

"Filia - your elders would banish you if they - "

"They would kill you if they knew you were human!" her voice was strained from the tightness building up within her. She was doing something she never thought she would.

"Filia - "

Filia leaned up and kissed him on the lips quieting his words. His arms slid around her waist as she continued to kiss him.

"Be what you are, and I will be me. I-I-I love you." she said surprised she had even told him.

"Zelas-sama said she would turn me back." he ran a hand over her hair.

Filia nodded.

He suddenly smiled mischievously, "What should we do till than?"

"Nani?"

She was cut off as he kissed her deeply.


Xellos had spent the entire day and night, being with her. And spending it with her was worth more than anything...

Zelas appeared behind him as he was out of sight from the town.

"So Xellos, are you ready to return?" she asked with a hint of amusement.

"I am." he nodded.

"So are you going to tell me?"

"About Filia?" she nodded. "I am with her."

"Your going to be the death of me Xellos." she said shaking her head. "Very well, so what do you plan to do?"

"She is accepting of my Mazoku nature." he answered.

"Good." she graced him with a rare smile, "You know for once I'm going to let this happen. Just be warned, it won't be easy to be with her."

He nodded and disappeared with her as she teleported them back.


Filia woke up alone in the bed and stretched. "Xellos..?"

She sat up and was greeted by an empty room. She stood up, uncaring of her state of undress, as it was still night.

Where had Xellos gone?

She hardly had time to jump when a voice behind her whispered silkily, "Miss me?"

She jumped and whirled around greeted by the sight of Xellos fully clothed holding his staff and smiling, eyes closed.

"Xellos - your...?"

He smiled and opened his now slitted purple eyes.

She just stared at his face in shock. He then stepped forward and wrapped his arms around her waist.

"Now where were we?" he smiled down at her in amusement.

He then kissed her as she wrapped her arms around him pulling him close.

And the wolves in the forest howled as the summer wind blew.


Fanfiction