Announcement


It was morning and a beautiful one at that. The light was streaming through the window in Zelgadis' room as he slowly woke up. As his eyes adjusted to the light, he looked down on his chest to see fiery red hair there. At first he was confused, but he then slowly remembered what had occurred the night before.

He saw Lina slowly awaken and he was preparing to be fireballed, but alas, it never came. All he got from her was a smile and a passionate kiss.

"Good morning, Zel," said Lina as she snuggled up even closer to him.

"Good morning, Lina," he said as he held her tighter.

"Was last night a dream?" she asked.

"Umm...no," he said.

"You sound unsure," she said.

"No, Lina, I'm not unsure. Look at how much we have on and then tell me if it was a dream," he said.

Lina looked to see if she had any clothing on and he was right. Nothing was on her body. She suddenly blushed at her being nude with a man, who was, well, nude as she was.

She looked at him suddenly. "Whose idea was it?"

Zelgadis gave her a confused look. "Don't you remember, Lina?"

"Nuh uh," she replied.

"You made the first move," he informed her.

"Eh? I did?" she asked, now a light blush was tingeing her cheeks.

"Well, yes. I didn't understand it. You were acting so strangely yesterday," he said.

"Oh well! I guess it happens to almost everyone who is in love. Right, Zel?" she asked with a playful smile.

"I suppose so," he replied.

"Are we gonna get up, or just lie here all day?" asked Lina.

"We had better get up. Everyone else will probably think that we're dead or something," Zelgadis pointed out.

Lina rolled her eyes. "With Amelia and Gourry around, we have two of the most spastic people in the world around that would jump exactly to that conclusion."

Zelgadis chuckled. "I honestly doubt that Amelia would care to see you right now after what happened last night, or did you forget that too?"

Lina glared at him. "I will fireball you if you don't stop teasing me!"

Zelgadis grimaced at her tone of voice. "I won't tease you anymore. I promise."

"Good. Well, let's get of bed and get dressed now," she said.

Zelgadis nodded and followed her off of the bed and picked up his clothes from the floor and put them on. She did the same.

Once they were both dressed, they walked downstairs hand in hand, worried about what Amelia would do if she saw them together like this again.

The minute they made downstairs to the breakfast room, all eyes were on them, especially Amelia's. They both took deep breaths, proceeded forward and sat down.

"So...did you two kiddies have fun last night?" Xellos inquired with an evil smile.

They both glared at him and then Lina said, "None of your damn business, fruitcake!"

Xellos faked shock. "Lina! You're so cranky! You should get some real sleep tonight. No more romping about the bed with Zel."

"That...is...the...last...straw," Lina said dangerously as she gave Xellos a deadly look. "Die, fruitcake!"

She began to fireball him all over the place, but because of his shield, she missed each and every single time. She was soon out of breath and the inn was practically burnt down.

Zelgadis walked over to Lina and put a hand on her shoulder. "Lina? I think you need to learn how to control your anger."

Lina scowled at him asking, "Do you want some too?"

Zelgadis quickly shook his head and then they all left the inn, with Lina complaining about how hungry she was.

"Miss Lina?" said Sylphiel.

"Yeah?" she asked.

"Are you and Mister Zelgadis together now?" Sylphiel asked timidly.

"Of course we are. You saw us coming into the inn yesterday, so it shouldn't be any surprise to you," said Lina.

"Just making sure," she said.

"I see," replied Lina.

"Hey, Lina?" said Gourry.

"Yes?" she asked.

"What was Xellos talking about when he said something about you and Zel having fun last night?" he asked.

One of Lina's eyebrows started to twitch. "You numbskull!"

"Huh?" he asked, still totally confused like he usually was.

"He wanted to know if Zel and I slept together!" she shouted.

"Oh? So...what's so bad about sleeping together?" he asked.

Lina jumped on him and grabbed him by his collar and asked, "You still don't get it, do you?"

"Get what?" he asked.

Lina growled, "You are hopeless!"

"I am?" he asked.

"Yes, you jellyfish brain!" she yelled in his ear.

"So what did you and Zel do last night?" he asked.

"None of your business! I already said that to Xellos and I'm gonna say it to you!" she shouted.

"Jeez, Lina. I was just asking. You don't have to get so touchy on the subject," he said.

"Just don't ask me again, ok?" she said to him, warningly.

"Fine. Whatever you say," he replied.

"Umm...Miss Lina?" said Amelia.

"Yes, Amelia?" she asked.

"How long?" asked Amelia.

"Since yesterday," she said.

"Oh," Amelia replied quietly.

"Listen, Amelia. I'm sure that you'll find someone that's more like yourself. Believe me, I know that you and Zel would have not made a good couple," said Lina.

"What makes you say that?" asked Amelia.

"Well, think about it. Zel is more of the quiet type and even though you're bubbly, you're just as timid as he is. The relationship wouldn't go anywhere and then you two would just break up silently," Lina pointed out.

"I suppose that makes sense," said Amelia.

"Sure it does," said Lina.

"Miss Lina?" said Amelia.

"Hmm?" she asked.

"When did you figure out that you were in love with Mister Zelgadis?" asked Amelia.

"Just last night, actually," she said with a sheepish grin.

"Wow," said Amelia.

"Yeah, I know," she said.

"Who do you think would make a good match with me?" asked Amelia.

"Do you promise not to kill me if I tell you?" she asked.

"Yes," said Amelia.

Lina sighed. "Alright, the best match for you would have to be Xellos."

Amelia's eyes widened in shock. "But he can't love! He's a mazoku!"

"True, but you never know," said Lina.

"But I don't like him like that!" cried Amelia.

"I never said that you had to go for it. I was just voicing my opinion," said Lina.

"I see," said Amelia.

Xellos, who had overheard Lina and Amelia's conversation, walked up to Amelia, put an arm around her shoulder and cooed, "Miss Amelia, my love! Let's get married tonight!"

Amelia screamed and hid behind Lina. Xellos attempted to make another move on Amelia, but Lina wouldn't let him.

"You can't touch her unless you really like her in that way," Lina warned. "I won't let you."

Xellos made a pouty look and said, "But Miss Lina! You got to play with Mister Zelgadis yesterday! I just wanna play with Miss Amelia today!"

Lina's face turned bright red and then she blasted a fireball at him, but as usual, missed.

"Okay. That's it," said Lina as she turned around and faced the group.

"I have a little announcement to make about Zelgadis and myself," Lina started.

Zelgadis' face turned crimson, but he didn't say anything.

"Yes, Zel and I are together and before you ask, yes, we did have sex last night. Get over it. Shall we carry on?" asked Lina. Everyone nodded and then she said, "Good. Let's go."

Zelgadis walked to Lina and gave her a questionable look. "Why did you have to say that?"

Lina grinned at him. "Because I wanted to brag."

"Great, next you're going to be telling them how I am in bed," muttered Zelgadis.

"Why shouldn't I? You're great in bed!" Lina exclaimed softly.

Zelgadis blushed and grasped Lina's right hand. She gave him a tender smile and said, "You know I love you, Zel. I always will love you and nothing will ever change that."

"I feel the same way, Lina. I feel the same way," he said.


Notes

And that's a wrap for chapter three. Stick around for chapter four because Lina has a little secret to tell. Well, until then, ja ne!


Onward   |   Fanfiction