Shattered And Mended Dreams


Notes

Written in Lina's P.O.V. A short fic as well.


I can't believe that she did this. To ME! Her dear nee-chan, but she did. She arranged a marriage for me with a man that I don't love. Truthfully, I've never even met him. Plus, according to my darling 'nee-chan', I'm never gonna meet him until my wedding day. What a bitch! I was already in love with someone! Why did she have to come around and screw my life over?! WHY?! Unfortunately...I can't do anything about it. Her mind's made up and I DON'T wanna piss her off again.

On the day of my wedding, I sat inside of my bedroom back in Zephilia, and looked at my reflection.

I don't even look like me, I thought as I put the veil over my face, got up, and walked towards the door.

Standing outside the door to my room were my friends. HE was even there. When I saw him, I felt my heart swell with sorrow, and a few teardrops fell down my face. Luckily for me, my veil covered my tear stained face, so I was safe.

As I walked into the church, on my arm was my best friend, Gourry. He was the one who was giving me away. I am, truth be told, the godmother of his children, so he actually volunteered to do this for me. What a sweet guy he is and...what a sweet wife he has as well. Sylphiel and I had grown closer over the years and she was the one who had asked me to become her children's godmother. Of course, I accepted, and by doing so, I made the couple exceedingly happy.

Walking down the aisle, I looked into the audience and saw my very good friend, Amelia. She had grown in the past few years into a very lovely, young woman. I'm still flat around a particular area of my body and of course, Amelia has just grown bigger there. I still envy her on that matter, but there's not much I can do about it. I saw her waving at me from the audience with a big, radiant smile upon her face. Little did she know that I was about to marry someone whom I didn't even know.

I looked once more into the audience and saw HIM. I felt the tears well up in my eyes again after looking at him once more. He was the one that made me whole...and now...I can't have him anymore, due to the annoying situation at hand.

Once I reached the altar, I stood face to face with a young man around my age. He was average in looks and decent in build, but still...he wasn't HIM. The priest was at the most crucial part of the ceremony. The yes or no part. The young man had of course said yes, but when it came to me, a flash of uncertainty crept through my heart.

Do I want to marry him? I asked myself, quietly. I can marry him, make my sister happy, and be miserable for the rest of my life, or I can refuse him, piss off my sister, and live the life that I want to live.

I looked at the groom and whispered my answer. Everyone in the church was silent and in shock. My sister was outraged and was about to beat me to the pulp when a voice spoke up from behind her.

"I object to this marriage anyway," the voice said.

My eyes widened as my ears caught the sound of the voice.

Oh my gods! I thought, feverishly. It was HIM!

"And why do you object, Sir?" asked the priest.

"Because I love her," he said.

I don't know what happened next, but of what I do know was that I fainted and collapsed. After that, everything was a complete blank.

The next day, I woke up with a very large headache. I looked to my right and saw HIM sitting in a chair, while watching over me.

"Hey," he said, gently.

I blushed and said, "Hey."

"Why didn't you go through with it?" he asked, quietly.

I looked down at the sheets to my bed and said, "My heart doesn't belong to him."

He looked up at me and asked, "Then whom does it belong to?"

I smiled gently at him and kissed him. He responded after a second and once we broke apart he was smiling jovially at me.

"Aishiteru," I whispered into one of his ears.

I then felt him kiss my right cheek and then he said, "I'm never going to leave you again."

"Do and it's your ass!" I growled playfully at him.

"From now on, wherever you are, I'll be right there beside you," he said, holding me close.

"Arigato," I said, holding back a sniffle.

"Don't cry, Lina," he pleaded.

"These are tears of joy," I said as I looked up at him with a smile.

He let out a sigh of relief and said, "Thank goodness."

"I'm tired again," I said with a yawn. "I'm going back to sleep."

He blushed and asked, "Mind if I join you?"

I was more than a little surprised at his request and I blushed as well. "Umm...sure. If you want."

"Arigato, Lina-chan," he said as he crawled into the bed with me.

I then snuggled up very close to his chest and he wrapped his own arms around my waist.

"Aishiteru, Lina," he whispered, as he finally fell asleep.

"Aishiteru...Zel," I said as I finally fell asleep as well.


Fanfiction