HeartsBlood


Notes

This song it Love Will Find a Way from The Lion King II: Simba's Pride.

navy = flashback


In a perfect world

Firia Ul Copt looked up at her elders with defiance burning in her eyes.

"You have been charged with the most grave crime amongst we Ryuzoku Firia. You dared to fall in love with a Mazuko, and not just any Mazuko, the Mazuko that single handedly almost wiped out your race. Do you deny it?" Firia looked at the Gold Dragon elder coldly, and with a firm voice answered.

"No." A shocked murmured rustled through the gathered Dragons.

"And where is you Mazuko lover now slut?" The Black Dragon elder asked coldly. Hatred burned in Firia's eyes and she leapt at him with her mace drawn. "Stop her!" The Gold elder barked and Firia was restrained.

"Cast me out then! I would rather be an exile then be amongst you cowards a minute longer! You put the name Ryuzoku to shame with your actions! Teeth blunted, fire burnt out, worthless for nothing but complaining!" Firia strained against the two guards holding her back. "And you Black elder, I'll have you know that I have remained pure, true to my station! Can you say the same?"

One we've never know

"Silence!" The Gold elder shouted and Firia calmed down slightly. "Firia you admit to loving the Mazuko, a crime usually punished with exile. But your words prove that you are a threat to the Ryuzoku, and our way of life. I hereby strip you of your rank as Priestess, and order your death at sunset. You have fours hours to contemplate your crimes, and pray to Cephieed for forgiveness. Firia's breath caught in the back of her throat, but she remained silent. She wouldn't give the Elders the pleasure of seeing her scared.

"Xellos, hurry up. Please, I don't think I can do this alone." Firia thought silently as she was lead to a cell.

We would never need to face the world alone

Firia looked out the window of her cell. Only two more hours till sunset, then the sun would set, on her life, once and for all. Firia smiled as she thought about the day, she and Xellos had first kissed, the day she had gotten to know the true him.

She swung at him with her mace screeching like a harpy.

"Namagomi when I get my hands on your scrawny neck I'm gonna...." Firia screamed as she charged at Xellos. The Mazuko scum had the nerve to come and taunt her today of all days. She was still hurting because her adopted son Valteria had finally gotten married, and moved away. So when all she had wanted to do was cry, Xellos had shone up, to pour salt in the gaping wound in her heart.

"Ne Firia-chan?" Xellos said softly form behind her, and she slammed her mace into his face. "Itai." He sighed in pleasure, but suddenly got serious. "As much as I would love to let you beat me into a bloody pulp Firia, that is not why I came here." Firia paused; she didn't trust the Mazuko's tone of voice.

"What did you come here for?" Firia snarled as she lowered her mace.

"I came to see how you were." Firia snorted.

"Yeah, and humans fly." Xellos floated down to her level and started at her.

"You don't believe me?" he asked softly. "But you know I am incapable of lying right?" Yes, she did, and that was the only reason she hadn't knocked Xellos back to Wolf Pack Island. Xellos smiled and gently took her hand; taking the mace out of her hands and letting it fall to the ground. It landed on his foot, and his eyes fluttered close. Firia stepped back and he brought his hand up to her cheek. "You don't have to fear me Firia." he whispered as he softly caressed her cheek. Firia jerked back.

"What is your game Mazuko?" she asked suspicious.

They can have the world
We'll create our own

Firia trembled slightly, she wasn't comfortable having the Mazuko so close, but there was something comforting about his closeness as well. Something, she had never experienced before.

"Ne, Firia, what if I were to take you away from the dreadfully dull life and bring you to a world where your wish molds the world around you?"

"I'd say you were lying because there is no such place." Firia whispered. Xellos grinned and wrapped an arm around her waist and phazed out. Firia screamed silently as the Mazuko created spell ran through her system. "Open you eyes." Xellos whispered in her ear, and she looked around in wonderment.

"My Gods." Firia whispered as she looked down at the sunlit valley. A herd of wild horses raced through the valley and Firia was the reflection of the light off the crystalline horn of a unicorn.

"That's a unicorn." Firia whispered in wonderment. "But they are extinct, what is this place Xellos?"

"This is my own personal domain, my home if you will. See." Firia look to where Xellos was pointing at a tall and delicate castle. Firia was greatly impressed. Xellos floated down and set Firia to her feet.

"What else is here?" she whispered.

"Everything, you name it and I have it." Xellos smiled slightly and held out his glove encases hand, but Firia hesitated. "Don't be afraid," he whispered with a gentle smile, the exact opposite of his Trickster's smile.

"Why are you acting so odd?" Firia asked suspiciously. "You don't normally act like this."

"Firia, the Xellos, you know, is not real. He is a mask, a façade I wear once I step foot outside of the gates of my own domain." Xellos touched his chest lightly. "This is the true me, the real Xellos Metallium. And I am no Trickster, of that you can be certain. Xellos opened his eyes and stared at her serene and calm.

"Why did you bring me here?" Firia asked as Xellos hugged her suddenly. Firia looked up at him, and his face was mere inches away. "Why Xellos," she asked, even though she already knew the answer.

"Because I....." I." Xellos reached down and kissed her, his voice filling her mind.

"Because I love you Firia." he whispered inside her mind, and she wrapped her arms around his neck.

"I love you too, you stupid Mazuko." she told him smiling.

I may not be brave, or strong, smart
But somewhere in my secret heart

Firia was shocked out of her memories when the door of her cell opened.

"Come on." someone grabbed Firia roughly and dragged her out into the courtyard. The blood red sun shone off of her golden hair, and her sky blue eyes glowed with pride as she stood next to the block, where they would cut off of her head. Firia was forced to her knees, and she closed her eyes, waiting for the biting pain in her neck, and the Nothingness of death. With her keen hearing, Firia heard the sword whistle through the air above her. A sudden explosion rocked the Dragon Valley, and Firia watched as someone phazed into front of her. Firia watched Xellos blast her would be executioner, and he looked down at her. With a dagger, Xellos cut Firia's bonds and pulled her to her feet.

"Xellos...." Firia whispered as she kissed him. "I knew you would come." she whispered as she heard an arrow fly past her head, and then she felt a sharp pain high on her right shoulder.

"No!" Xellos cried as he caught Firia as she fell into his arms, an arrow buried in her shoulder. "Firia hold on... please." Xellos whispered as he held her to his chest and phazed out. He appeared inside an abandoned farmhouse. He couldn't risk taking her to his domain, they may know about it.

"Xellos.... I'm okay." Firia whispered as she struggled to sit up. "I'm fine, thank you." Firia whispered as she felt for the arrow. Xellos leaned forward and kissed her.

"Sleep, love, I'll fix everything." Xellos smiled as he saw Firia's eyes flash one last time before he spell took effect. Xellos lay her down on her stomach and began to cast a healing spell on her shoulder. In her sleep, Firia murmured restless, and Xellos lightly wiped the silky strands if golden hair from her sweating forehead. "Somehow, we'll get through this Firia, I swear." Xellos whispered after he had healed her shoulder. Because of his lack of skill, she now sported a rather nasty scar on her right shoulder. Xellos refastened her robes, and gathered her into his arms to keep her warm. There was no way they could risk a fire with the Dragon clans after them. Xellos also knew that he probably shouldn't have cast the Recovery spell on Firia, there was a chance the Dragons could track him like that. So for the rest of the night, until Firia was strong enough to travel, they would have to refrain from casting.

I know
Love will find a way

Xellos opened his eyes and saw Firia glaring up at him.

"You had no right to do that." Firia whispered furious.

"I had too, otherwise, the pain would have knocked you out." Xellos hugged Firia fiercely. "I'm sorry, but I was so worried about you." Firia tucked her head under Xellos chin.

"We will always be together Xellos always." Firia kissed him, "You will always be with me here." Firia touched her chest, above her heart. "I am no longer a Priestess." Firia whispered.

"Oh Gods, Firia..... they took away your rank?" Xellos asked saddened.

"Dead women don't need titles." Firia grinned suddenly and nipped Xellos' neck. "Xellos...... I want to be with you." Firia blushed bright red, and Xellos pushed her away and started at her.

"Firia...." he began, but she silenced him with a kiss.

"No, my being a Priestess was the only thing that kept us form being together. And I know it has been hard." Xellos laughed at this. "And well, this might be our last night, and I.... I want to know all of you." Xellos looked at her with intense, burning eyes. "Please." Xellos nodded seriously and kissed her with every ounce of love and passion he felt for her. After he broke off, she was somewhat breathless and he chuckled at the expression on her face. But his eyes promised some much more.

Anywhere I go
I'm home
If you are there beside me

Firia nuzzled Xellos chest sleepily. With only Xellos cape to keep them warm, the two lovers snuggled closer together.

"Thank you." Firia whispered.

"No my dear lady, thank you." Xellos thought silently as he hugged her closer. "Thank you for rescuing me from my loneliness."

"What are we going to do now?" Firia asked?

"I figured we would hang low, get married have a couple dragonettes, you know the usual." Xellos said blithely and he felt her stiffen in his arms.

"Xellos?" Firia whispered.

"I love you, and I want to live with your through the centuries." Firia turned around in his arms and stared up at his elegant face. It was impassive, yet she could sense the churning emotions just under the surface his mask of calmness.

"I would love to marry you." Firia whispered as she kissed him. Xellos sat up and wrapped her up in his cloak as he reached into thin air and grabbed a necklace out of nothingness. Firia stared at the necklace curious.

"See this?" Xellos held out the necklace to Firia. She took it and stared at it curious. The workmanship was exquisite. Not even the master forgers in the Dragon Clans could produce such a work of art. But the stone on the pendant was the most beautiful stone she had ever seen.

"What is it?" she asked.

"It's my HeartBlood." Xellos said as he stared at the deep red stone. "This is the last drop of my human blood. Zellas-sama stabbed me through the heart when she made me. This was the last drop of blood I shed. [1] I cast a spell upon it, and it the last link I have to my life Before."

"Before?" Firia asked.

"Before I became a Mazuko." Xellos tilted her chin up and started deep into her eyes. "I want you to keep it. I is my pledge to you."

"Xellos, I don' think." Xellos kissed her

"Don't think Firia, I want you to have it." Xellos clasped it around her neck and lay back down. "Love, go to sleep." Xellos wrapped his arms around her waist and listened to her breathing as is deepened and slowed down as she fell into a deep sleep.

Like dark turning into day
Somehow we'll come through

Xellos gently nudged Firia awake.

"Love, we have to get going." Xellos whispered to her, and she looked up at him with tired eyes.

"Uh huh." Firia climbed to her feet and shook her head. "I need some food." she whispered and smiled gratefully at Xellos as he held out some cold loaves of bread, and slab meat

"All I could get on short notice." he said apologetically. Firia all but pounced on the food and Xellos grinned at his young Dragon. Firia had just finished her breakfast when the attack came. A group of Dragons in human form charged in and Xellos protected Firia with a shield. One of the braver Dragons charged forward and died on the edge of Xellos' staff.

"Xellos we have to get out of here!" Firia cried as she looked back at her lover.

"Firia, go, I can handle them." Xellos whispered as he cast a Ray Wing briefly.

"Xellos....." Xellos kissed her.

"Shhh, we all have or jobs, besides I have a spell can use against them, and if you're a Dragon, is could kill you." Xellos stopped out of the Ray Wing and sent it high into the air, aimed towards the nearest city.

"Xeeelllloooossss!!!!!!!!!!" Firia's scream echoed through his head. Xellos waited until the Dragons had gathered around and gathered his power

"Kesshou no Namida Flare!" Xellos screamed and thousands of crystal shards exploded from his body. Each shard was tainted with some of his dark powers, and when is touched a Dragon, it caused extreme pain, and eventually, death.

"She's safe." Xellos smiled as he felt his hear slow down, and suddenly darkness took him.

Now that I've found you,
Love will find a way

"XELLOS!!!" Firia screamed as she beat against the sides of the bubble Xellos had trapped her in. Firia felt the tears run down her cheeks, but she didn't care. He was going to do something stupid and she would be all alone. "Baka Xellos, I am nothing without you." Firia whimpered as she sat down and held her head in her hands. Wait what about her Ryuzoku form? Firia tried to transform, but that didn't work either. The only thing she could do was wait for the Ray Wing to land.


Firia stared at the carnage before her eyes and flinched. So many lives lost.

"Xellos!!" she cried, her voice hoarse form screaming. She ran into the house and dig until her hand bleed. She was just about to give up, when she found a scrape of his cloak. So he had been inside the house when the spell has destroyed it. He was gone, Xellos was gone, and she was all alone. "Gods no!!!!!" Firia 's tortured scream echo through the clearing.

I was so afraid

Firia stumbled down the road to the village, and walked tot he inn. There she handed over a few of the coins from the purse she had found in her pocket. That wily Trickster was watching out for her, even from the grave. Firia's eyes tightened as pain washed over her. She knew that she needed to live, if to make Xellos' sacrifice matter. But still, she couldn't help but wish that she were with her lover. But that was not surprising, Dragons were a breed that was based off of a strong family structure. And she now had no one. Not Xellos, not Lina and the others, and especially her clan. So instead, Firia walked up the stairs to her rented room and began to cast the strongest concealing spells she knew. If she was going to get away from her clan, she mustn't look like a blond haired blue eyed girl, she had to look the exact opposite of Firia Ul Copt. Firia Ul Copt had been killed and, Firia Jel Zaada had been born from her ashes. After she was done casting, Firia fell into an exhausted slumber on her uncomfortable bed.

Now I realize

Firia woke up with an upset stomach; she cast a quick healing spell, and got the shock of her life.

"Great as if my life could get anymore complicated!" Firia snarled to herself. "Damn you Xellos, why'd you have to die, now I also have to worry about a little one as well." Tears fell from Firia's now gray eyes.

"It wasn't supposed to be like this. You were supposed to be here and we were supposed to thank L-sama and Cepheed for our life. And now, our child is going to have to grow up without you as well. The girl with short black hair and haunted gray eyes walked out of the inn and down the street. She had to find a small remote place, as place where there were no people, Ryuzoku, or Mazuko. A place where she could be alone, and raise her child in peace, a place where she could find some measure of happiness. If there was such a place.....

Love if never wrong,
And so it never dies

Firia Jel Zaada looked at the nice shop and house; it would be perfect for her needs and turned to real estate salesman.

"Thank you, this will do nicely." Firia handed over the correct amount of money and turned to fox-like man. "Jiras-san, thank you for protecting me one this trip." The young black haired girl said softly as she ideally stroked the egg. "You said you wanted to find a more permanent job? I won't be able to pay you much, but there will be room and board." Firia looked at the fox/Mazuko mix and smiled slightly. Jiras looked down, his one eye shining.

"You mean it miss?" Firia nodded her head, and sadness flashed across her eyes.

"Yes." Firia murmured as she walked into her new shop. Firia stroked the shelves and turned to looked at Jiras. "Yes, I have just the perfect thing in mind for this place." Firia walked into the back room. "Yes, I can set up my kiln here. Well it looks like we are going to be in the glass business.

There's a perfect world
Shining in your eyes

The young child with bright sunny blond hair and flashing amethyst colored eyes ran over to her favorite tree in the meadow behind her house. She absently heard her mom yelling at her.

"Xeria Metallium you be careful!" Firia cried to the racing child. "That girl is going to be the death of me." she muttered as she placed the candles on a cake that read "Happy Tenth Birthday Xeria" on it. Jiras chuckled as he walked into the shop to handle a customer. A man with violet hair and eyes turned up in a smile.

"Can I help you sir?" Jiras asked. The man held out one of Firia's most beautiful pieces.

"Yes, how much it this?" The man asked still smiling.

"Um, twenty gold pieces." The man nodded and handed over the coins. "Would you like me to wrap it up for you sir?" The violet haired man shook his head and left. Xellos need to find a quiet place to cast a spell. Perhaps he would find a trace of Firia's magick on this one. Perhaps this time he would find her. As he walked past a window, Xellos caught a flash of dark black hair through the window, but it wasn't blond, and it didn't concern him. Ah, that tree over there, it would be perfect. Xellos flew over to the tree and he had just settled down on the ground and had set the vase before him when he heard a rustling in the tree over his head. Xellos looked up and saw a child with blond hair and eyes exactly like his staring down at him.

And if only they could feel it too
The happiness I feel with you

"Um.... Hello." Xellos said softly. "Who are you and where's your mommy?" The child giggled.

"Sore wa Himitsu Desu!" the little girl laughed and dissapeared.

"It can't be." Xellos whispered as he floated up into the tree. "Hello." Xellos sat on the tree limb and smiled at the child. "I'm Xellos." The Trickster Priest held out his hand to the child. The little girl took his hand and shook it. "So what is your name?"

"My name is Xeria Metallium." Xellos felt his heart flip within his chest.

"What is your mother's name?" Xellos asked in a strained voice.

"Firia Jel Zaada, but she named me after my father." Xeria frowned slightly. "He died..... a long time ago." Xeria smiled slightly and Xellos looked at her with an odd look in his eyes. "Hey, you have eyes just like mine." Xeria murmured as she leaned forward and stared at Xellos intently. Xellos swallowed hard.

"Can you keep a secret, Xeria?" Xellos asked lightly. Xeria nodded. "Your daddy didn't die." Xeria ran her fingers down Xellos' face.

"You look like she said you would." Xeria grinned. "My mommy, she told me how you looked once, you look just like I though you would." Xeria threw her arms around Xellos' neck. "I'm glad you're back.....daddy." Xellos hugged Xeria back.

They'd know
Love will find a way.

"So where have you been all these years?" Xeria asked. "Mommy told me you died in an explosion trying to save her."

"I have been looking for her all these years. I didn't died in that explosion, it'll take a whole lot more to kill me then that!" Xeria giggled at the look of mock anger on Xellos face.

"So what happened?" Xeria asked.

"Well I went to the village and she wasn't there. I kept searching for her..... I have traveled all over the world; I looked everywhere searching for her. Trying to find some residual energy, but I never found any. I guess she hasn't cast a spell in years, because I never found any." Xellos seemed to snap out of his reverie. "Sorry Xeria, I just kinda got lost there."

"I don't mind." Xeria giggled and she snuggled into Xellos' lap. The Mazuko hesitantly wrapped his arms around his daughter's small body. "Will you come to my birthday party tonight?" Xeria asked as she stared up at her father.

"I..... I wouldn't miss it for the world." Xellos whispered, as he throat clenched up. "But don't tell Firia, I want to surprise her." Xeria giggled.

"Secrets are my specialty." Xellos smiled and ruffled her blond hair.

"Yes, who did teach you that saying?"

"No one, mommy went really pale the first time I said it to her. What's so special about it?" Xellos shook his head.

"Nothing, it is just a immature saying I used to use. It drove your mother crazy." Xellos chuckled. "I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree." Xeria laughed and her eyes curved up into half crescents.

This could get really weird, really quick. Xellos thought to himself as he watched his daughter. She floated down to the ground. "But her power, is awesome. I never realized that A Mazuko/Ryuzoku child could be so strong. Perhaps that is why there are such strict law against such affairs. A half Mazuko/Ryuzoku child could do anything." For a second, Xellos' face lost its customary smile, and a grim look flashed across his features. But then he was smiling again.

"Xeira, come in!" Xellos heard Firia shout, and he felt his heart leap. "It's almost time for the party!"

"I have to go!" Xeria cried, and Xellos waved to her.

"I'll see you there" Xellos frowned and phazed to his own domain. He had to get the perfect gift for Xeria.... And for Firia.

Anywhere we go
We're home
If we are there together

Xeria fidgeted nervously and plucked at her dress.

"Do I have to wear this?" Firia looked down at the disgruntled look on Xeria's face and smiled.

"Yes."

"But mommy, it's uncomfortable!" Firia tied back her long black hair in a bright blue ribbon and runs a violet one through Xeria's

"No buts." Firia kissed Xeria' cheek. "You are lady, and it is time you dressed like one. You can' wear pants and old shirts your entire life." Firia lightly swatted Xeira on the bottom. "Go on, and greet our guests, I still need to finish up some of the food. Especially if Lina-san and Gourry-san are going to be here."

"You mean it?!" Xeria cried happy. "Does this mean that Zel-chan is going to be here to?" Xeria' violet eyes shone brightly.

"Why are you so attached to Zelgadis?" Firia asked concerned.

"Because I'm going to marry him one day!" Firia cocked an eyebrow amused.

"Oh really, and is Zelgadis aware of this?" Xeria frowns.

"No, I guess I'll have to tell him tonight." Xeira said with uncustomary seriousness. Xeria leaves and goes to greet their guests, especially Zelgadis.

"Oh Xellos, I wish you were here to see her grow up." Firia whispered and she heard the happy cries coming from the main room. "What is going on?" Firia murmured as she walked over to the doorway and peeked in. She saw everybody crowded around someone, but she couldn't see whom. She then saw Xeria get thrown into the air and was caught by a pair of gloved hands. Firia growled, no one put her daughter in danger like that. She walked forward and pushed her way through the group of gather people. "Who's the one who dares to throw me daughter around?" Firia growled as she stared at the man who held Xeria. His back was to her, and all she could see was glossy violet hair. The man turned around and looked at Firia with unnerving violet eyes. "Xellos?" Firia whispered as she walked forward numbly. Xellos smiled at her and Firia felt as is a dark weight had been lifted from her shoulders.

Like dark turning into day
Somehow we'll come through
~

"Firia." Xellos murmured as he set Xeria to her feet. Firia walked over and stared at Xellos unsure and reached out her hand and touched his cheek.

"Xellos... it is you!" Firia suddenly hugged him, tears running down her cheeks. Xeria ran over to Zelgadis and he picked her up.

"Mommy is happy." Xeria murmured as she snuggled into Zelgadis' arms. The Chimera nodded.

"Yes, she is. I'm happy for her." Zel looked over at Firia and Xellos; he felt his heart wrench within his stone chest. A strong longing filled him, if only he could find someone like that. Someone who could love him to unconditionally, but that would never happen. Zelgadis looked down and stared at Xeria.

I pray that you have a better chance at love then your parents. Zel thought silently

Now that I've found you
Love will find a way

Xellos nuzzled Firia's neck lovingly.

"You lost something love." he whispered as he held out his HeartsBlood. But now, instead of a pendant, it was mounted in a beautiful ring. Xellos slid the ring on Firia's finger. "This time you won't lost it so easily." Xellos leaned forward and whispered in Firia's ear. "I have searched for more then ten years for you, and I would gladly search another hundred. Please Firia, marry me." Firia looked up at him and saw the love shinning in his violet eyes.

"I will." Firia whispered as she kissed him

I know love will find a way

Xellos smiled and looked over at Xeria snuggled into Zelgadis' arms.

Curiouser and curiouser. Xellos mused silently as he held out a book. "This is my present to you Xeria." Xeria looked at the book and smiled up at her father. Xellos nodded and she made the book disappear before anyone could read the title.

"What book was it?" Lina asked curious.

"Sore wa Himitsu Desu!" Xeria and Xellos said together. Firia looked at her daughter, and her Mazuko Fruitcake.

"This is going to be interesting... two Xellos' in the house."


Notes

[1] - No, I did not get this idea from The Hero and the Crown by Robin McKinnley!


Fanfiction