Kireina


Notes

A huge Domo Arigatou to my bud Mina Inverz for all the help with the Japanese, and being a sounding board.


I remember the day He found me. My father had been very mean to me and locked me up in my room. But I had snuck out. How dare he try to lock me up? I had just been trying out me newest Chimera spell, and they had been so cute! But no, big bad daddy had to go off and destroy them. I swear, someday I am going to leave this small town and become know throughout the world as the most famous Chimera expert ever! The thing I remember most about that night was the moon. It was a lunar eclipse, and the moon looked like it was bathed in blood. So I was crawling out my window when I heard a ringing underneath me. I got scared, if my father caught me sneaking out he would tan my hide. I tried to crawl back into my room, but my footing slipped and I fell backwards. I thought I was going to die, falling from three stories do that to you. So imagine my shock when I felt a strong pair of arms wrapped around me? I just lay still there for a second and stared up at my rescuer. He had a pale long face and soft violet hair.

"Are you alright?" he asked in the most sexy voice I had ever heard in all of my sixteen years. Unable to say anything else, I just nodded me head dumbly. "I'm sorry, I am unable to see... are you injured?" He was so calm, as if he had girls falling into his arms everyday!

"Yes, thank you for saving me." I whispered. My rescuer smiled.

"You're Eris aren't you." I was shocked, how had he known my name.

"Yes, and you are?"

"Call me Rezo, I have just talked with your father. How would you like to learn White Magick from me?" I blinked

"Honto ni?" I asked surprised and Rezo smiled.

"Yep, so what do you say?" Rezo set me to my feet. I turned around and saw my father and mother standing in the doorway of our house.

"Momma, Papa?" I murmured. My mother smiled at me.

"Do what you want Eris, we just want you to be happy." "I'm sorry I was so hard on you dear." My father murmured. "I should never have tried to extinguish your gift..." I ran forward and hugged them both.

"Oh Momma, Papa!" I cry as I embrace them. "I love you." They smiled at me.

"Go on dear, Rezo-sama is waiting." My mother whispered as she kissed both of my cheeks.

"Go with the Gods Eris." My father murmured as he embraced me in a huge bear hug.

"But my things...." I protested.

"I will see to everything." Rezo said and I nodded.

"I love you both." I whispered as I walked back to Rezo's side. He smiled down at me, and I think I lost my heart in that moment.


We traveled for many weeks, but I never went hungry or cold. I shed my old clothing and took to wearing white robes. Yet through all out travels, Rezo never truly opened up. He asked me about my life, my home and friends. But he never truly talked about his family. He always did have an air of mystery around him. I smile when I think back to those peaceful days. He had such a big heart, he always had a kind word, a gentle smile. Yet beneath his kind exterior a deep running sadness lurked. Rezo taught me so many things, and he never asked for anything in return. I remember my eighteenth birthday with a grin.

We were on the road; it had been an exhausting few weeks with an epidemic running rampant though the province we were in. To be honest, I myself had forgotten my birthday, and all I wanted was to crawl into bed and sleep. Imagine my surprise when Rezo knocked on my door. I opened it and looked at the Red Priest in surprise

"Rezo-sama is there a emergency?" I had asked uneasy. Rezo-sama never visited me after I retired to my room.

"Nothing, I just came to give you this." Rezo had said with a shy smile. He'd held out a small box, and I just stared at him dumbfounded. "Happy Birthday Eris."

It hit me, what an idiot I was! I took the box and opened it and gasped at the contents. It was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. It was an exquisite necklace made out of platinum. It had two swans laying entwined as if asleep. Their eyes were small sapphires and the lines of their wings were traced with the palest of rubies.

"Rezo-sama, it is amazing." I whispered as I gently ran a hand over the pendant.

"Do you like it?" he asked.

"I love it." I cried as he kissed his cheek. "Thank you, it is the best birthday gift I have ever received." Rezo blushed slightly as did I "I apologize." I whispered.

"No, I am sorry Eris, I was just not expecting that." Rezo grinned. "I also came to ask for your help."

"Of course." I murmured. "How can I help?"

"I need you to make a golem. Male, and make is able to meld with different species." I nod, it would take a while, but if it pleased Rezo, I would do it.

"Of course Rezo-sama." I whispered.

"Thank you Eris." Rezo whispered and offered his arm.

"Huh?" I asked.

"I am taking you to a birthday dinner." Rezo smiled charmingly at me and my heart did weird little flip-flops.

"Oh." I murmured as I accepted his arm.


After that, there was a few short months of blissful quiet. I worked on the golem night and day. It got to the point that the golem was my obsession. But finally I was done, and Rezo left for a few days. When he came back, he had a boy only a few years younger then I with him. The youth was named Zelgadis, and L-sama did he have an attitude. Still I remember how guilty I felt, for in a way, I had been responsible for his condition. So I tried to become his friend. I created golems for him to practice with and by the time a year had passed he had left again, to begin his search for the Philosopher's Stone. Then, things became bad. Rezo became obsessed with curing his eyes. I still remember the one and only day I say him cry.

Rezo had searched for another cure to his blindness but it didn't work out. I remember seeing his face as he stalked into his lab.

"Why won't my eyes open!?" [1] he'd cried as he wrecked his work table. "Why am I doomed to the darkness!" I'd closed my eyes and my heart shattered when I heard him break down into broken sobs. Unable to stop myself, I'd started to cry. I'd slid to the floor and buried my head in my hands.

"Oh Rezo-sama." I'd whispered. "I would give anything to held you cure blindness." I'd felt the tears run down my cheeks. "Maybe then you would notice me." I'd though silently. Then a week later, my life came to an end, He left.


"Rezo-sama!" I'd cried after he'd told me the news. "Please, don't leave!" Rezo had held me as I softly sobbed.

"Shhh Eris." He'd whispered to me. "Don't you want me to find my cure?"

"Of course!" I'd cried. "More then anything."

"Well Zelgadis tells me that he has found a definite lead on the Philosopher's Stone, I have to go." I remember looking up into his pale proud face, and I saw a silvery tear run down his cheek. I'd reached up my hand and caught the tear.

"Rezo-sama." I'd whispered. I was shocked when he gently kissed me.

"Shhh Eris-chan." he'd whispered. "I'll come back to you, I promise." He'd stood up and walked away into the setting sun and I just stood there as the man I loved more then life itself walked out of my life forever. The rest is history. When he died shortly after that, a piece of me died as well, and only a mere shadow, a shell of my former self. So here we are, I am dying here on the floor of Rezo's lab. I was betrayed by my own Koppii, I notice that Zelgadis is there, I wonder if he ever forgave me for what I did to him? Oh well, I sigh as the languorous warmth spreads through me. "Rezo, I love you." I whispered silently as the world seems to dim around me. I look around, I am still in Rezo's lab, but it looks like it did when he was still alive.

"What is going on?" I murmur as I walk over to a bookshelf.

"Eris?" I hear a hesitant voice and whirl around only to be caught in a tight embrace. "Eris, Eris." Rezo kept murmuring over and over again as if he couldn't believe I was real.

"Rezo-sama." I whisper as he holds me at arm's length.

"Just let me look at you Eris." Rezo whispers as he stares at me with beautiful violet eyes. I smile as him and suddenly feel embarrassed with how I must look. I look down and am mildly surprised to see I am in my old robes.

"Kierina." [2] he whispers as he looks at me and suddenly smiles shyly. "I told you I would come back." he whispers as cups my face in his large elegant hands. "I realize this is late, but." he holds out a ring. It has the same motif as my necklace. But the two swan's necks where crosses and nestled between their necks was a beautiful diamond surrounded amethysts. I blink as I look up into Rezo's eyes.

"Aishiteru Eris, my soulmate." He whispers as he kisses me. "Even death can't keep us apart." I smile

"I never doubted it." I laugh as I hug him. "And I love you two." He smiles as if a great weight had been lifted from his shoulders. I kiss him lingeringly. I am in no hurry, we have eternity.


Notes

1 - Sadly, I am not sure of the real wording, so go easy on me.

2 - Means Beautiful, pleasing to the eye (when speaking of people)


Fanfiction