More Than Friends


Notes

This is based on the More Than Words Zel TRY Image song.


I used to love it...looking up st the sky alone in the middle of the night, remininiscing

"Zelgadis-san!" Amelia's high pitched screeching voice broke through Zel's silent and peaceful thoughts.

Why me? Zel wondered silently, as he pulled the hood of his cloak down farther over his face. The energetic-princess glomped him and latched onto his arm.

"Zelgadis-san!" Amelia cried. "Did't you hear me?"

If I say no, will you go away? Zel thought sourly.

"Yes Amelia." Zel sighed, he could feel the pounding between his temples get worse. Why me?

I was young...more stubborn then anyone and iced over wihth pride

"Why are so mean to me?" The princess wailed. Zel hung his head, and Lina cloated him.

"Ouch!" the red-haired sorceress yelped. "Zel you heartless bastard, go apologoze to Amelia!" Zel felt his anger boil up.

"No." he whispered. Lian's ruby eyes widened in shock.

"What do you mean?" Lina's voice was deathly clam, the calm before the storm.

"I refuse to cater to that spoiled brat anymore." Zel snarled softly. "She is never going to grow up if you treat her like a delicate doll. She can handle having her feelings hurt now an then" Zel picked up his pace and Lian watched him go, with shock and hurt written across her face. No Lina, that is what you call a 'heartless bastard'. Zel thought grimly as he picked up his pace.

When I close my eyes, I can see that person I used to be who kept he heart so closed fading away into the distance...

That night Zel stared up at the sky, his thoughts dark, and brooding Why did I say those thing to Lina today? Zel wondered silently as he stood up. Good job Stone Boy, now you have managed to drive away the greastest thing to even happen to you. Zel closed his eyes and tried to cut off that random thought. He had made his decision and he would stick to it. Zel noticed that eveyone got silent as he picked up his things and carried them as far away from the campsite as possible. Even Firia and Val were quiet. Oh yeah Zel, you're the man. He glanced over at Amelia and she looked down at the ground and seemed to fade within herself.

I was so lonely but now I have so many friends here that never make fun of me, or even force a smile. Ahh, dear friends forever

Zel felt Lina's hot gaze burning into his back, but he ignored her as he lay down on his bedroll. Zel forced his tense muscles to relax and he slipped into a deep meditative sleep. He needed his rest for the journey. Zel smiled bitterly. He was going to slink off into the night just as he father had all those years ago.

Oh well, you know what they say. Zel mused with a self-depricating smile Like father like son. Well at least he wasn't leaving a wife and a two year old son behind. Hell, as is she could ever love a stone freak like himself. As if anyone could love him, but that annoying hyperactive Justice Freak. No, she could never love him, perhaps when he found, when not if, when he found his Cure, she could love him. Yes, that was what he had to concentrate on. He definately need to stop think about how the firelight played across her hair sending sparks of fire through her hair. He needed to stop thinking about such thing, he need to stop think about Lina ((what a surprize ne?)) Yes, he just need to live life one day at a time. And tomorrow he would start on another phaze of his neverending journey.

I would laugh at things like friendship, dreams, and beauty... and when we would meey I a casual encounter, I'd keep refusing to come with you. That's just the way I used to be.

Zel waited until everyone was asleep, and the fire had died down. Then he silently stood up and gathered is things together. He walked away with a silent cat-like that grace that didn't seem possible with his stone body. Zel sighed as he got a fair distance away. His thoughts wandered back to the pettite little spitfire lyng asleep by the fire bak at the camp. No! He mustn't think about her! He must center his mind on his goal. He had to find his Cure, and only then could he tell Lin awhat he kept so deeply buried in his heart. Zel shifted under the weight of the sword at hsi side. His cape had never felt heavier, neither had his heart. Even when Rezo had transformed him into the this... this freak. He had never felt so sad, had his feelings so raw and close to the surface. Zel wipped at some moisture that had leaked form his eyes.

"I'm sorry Lina, that I couldn't be the man you needed me to be." Zel murmured as he continued to walk down the long dark path.

"Ne Zel, you planning on leaving without me?" a husky voice came from straight ahead of him. Lina stood leaning against a large tree. Zle stopped, and his heart begain to pound within his stone chest.

"Lina... I..." Zel murmrued agast. "You shouldn't be here. It's better if I just leave. I won't hurt you guys anymore."

"So you just decided without asking us?" Pain filled Lina's voice. She continued to stare ahead on her. Lina looked at Zel and the thick dark lashs surrounging her ruby colored eyes were damp. "You decided without asking me how I felt. You would leave us... leave me without a second thought?" Zel felt his heart grow warm as hope flickered within his mind, and soul.

In this colding unmoving body, I feel my heart becoming warmer. Does this feeling mean someone's becoming precious to me?

"Lina?" Zle murmured as he looked at her. The moonlight filtered through the tree, giving expressiion a darker more sultry look to them then the usually childlike innocence in her face. Lina pushed herself away form the tree and walked over to him. "Lina...." Lina placed the tips o her fingers over his lips.

"Shhhh. Zel." she whispered as she hugged him sweetly. The Chimera hugged her back with one arm, and the two just stood there for a long time

Could, this... could this mean that she can love me too? Zel's mind cried silently as Lian nuzzled the hollow of his neck. Zel's grip on her tightened slightly, and her touched her head under his chin as he slowly massaged her tense shoulders.

"I love you." Lina's confession was so soft, Zel wasn't sure whether or not he had heard her correctly. Zel held Lina at arms length and stared into her eyes. In the darkness, they looked almost black, but then she moved and stepped into a moonbeam, and Zel could see the warm and love shining in her eyes. Zel dropped his sword and held Lina's small delicate bodt again his own stone one.

"How can you love a monster like me?" Zel asked. "I love you for yourslef, not your body, but hey..." Lina leaned forward and stoood on her tippytoes and whispered in Zel's pointed ear. "There are some good thing about having a stone body." Zel blushed beet red at this, and opened his mouth to protest, when Lina kissed him. Zel's mind went blank for an instant, and then he begain to kiss Lian back. They finally had to breath and they both held onto each other, both breathing rather aggedly.

"I believe you Lina, and I love you as well." Zel whispered as he buried his hands in Lina's hair. He leaned down and breathed in the subtle scent of it. "I love the smell of your hair, I always have." Zel whispered as he picked Lina up and begain to carry her back to a small stream he had seen about a quarter a mile away.

"Zel?" Lina murmured but Zel silenced her with a tender kiss.

"Shhh, be silent my love, there is something I must do." Zel laid Lina down on the edge of the stream and built a fishing pole right there before her very eyes.

"May I?" Zel asked as he bent down. He was nose to nose with Lina, and she felt him pluck one of her hairs form her head. Lina watched in bemused silence as Zel caught a fish. There was wicked gleam in his eyes as he stared a fire with a simple fire spell. Zel cleaned the fish and stacked into over the fire to cook. Lina eyes the fish hungrily as Zel came and sat down next to her.

"Zel?" Lina asked.

"There is a tradition in the mountains where I grew up. A man must prove his worth to the woman he loves by catching a meal for her had serving it to her by his own hand." Zel trailed off as the fish cooked. Zel plucked the now cooked fish fom the fire and broek off a piece. "I Zelgadis Greyweres swear myself you Lina Inverse for all eternity." Zel smiled slightly and held out the piece of fish. Lina accepted the morsel with a confusied expression. "Now it's your turn." Lina nodded and picked up the fish. "Wait Lina, you realize that this is a Lifebond right?" Lian shivered, no she hadn't known it was a Lifebond. A Lifebond was the most intimate form two people could share with each other. The literally became as one, their souls interwined together, forever. It required the deepst of trust between the pair for it to work.

"I trust you Zel." Lina murmured.

I believe your everything, from no on. Sice you can live so carefree with me, who can't even say a simple thing like 'thank you'... friends like that are not that bad at all. Ahh, dear friend forever.

"I Lina Inverse swear myself to you Zelgadis Greyweres, for all eternity." Lina fed the piece of fish to Zel, and she felt a surge of power run through her. Lina felt as if she was seeing the world for the first time. Was this was it was likt to be a Mazuko? The form of hypersences.

"Yes." was Zel's silent reply. Lian grinned and kissed Zel happily.

"I guess it worked." Lian laguehd as she let go of the soemwhat shocked chimera.

"Yeah I guess it did." Zel murmured bemused. "I love you." he told her and Lina sighed in pleasure.

"I like the sound of that." she admitted.

"You had beter becase I am going to tell you it every single day untill the day I die." Zel smiled.

"A long time in the furture." Lina mocked growled as she suddenly leapt back. "Catch me if you can!" she laughed and ran off on light feet.

"Come here you!" Zel laughed as he chased after her, and their laughter echoed through the clearing.

I'll never say goodbye to my friends Because I'll make our dreams come true This is the real me, dear friends forever. You who have snapped me out of it, my dear friends forever


Fanfiction