Chapter Seven


That night the gang stopped at an inn to stay for the night. After dinner, Zel and Khirah took a walk around the town and they were now lounging on a loveseat in front of the fire that danced gaily in the fireplace. Khirah snuggled against Zel's shoulder. Zel absently stroked Khirah's gray-black hair. Khirah sighed

"What are we going to do Zel?" she asked.

"What do you mean Khirah?" Zel asked as he looked down at his wife.

"I can't continue adventuring if I'm pregnant. I can just see myself at eight months waddling along." Khirah grinned at the thought.

"No we can't have that." Zel admitted. "You're right Khirah, but wait. I have an idea." Zel smiled suddenly. "My mother."

"Huh?"

"My home village she was telling me that the village needed another sword-school. My father used to run a sword-school; that's where I learned to fight. When I wrote to my mother and told her that I was getting married, she told me that she wished I could come home and take over managing the school. That's what she meant. She knew that when we started a family, we would have to stop traveling." Zel shook his head. Khirah though about it.

"That sounds perfect. And I can start a sorcerer branch to the school." Khirah's eyes began to glow as she thought about the challenge ahead of her.

"We'll discuss this farther in the morning Khirah, right now, come to bed." Zel nipped at Khirah's neck playfully. Khirah suppressed as giggle and took Zel's proffered arm.

"Goodnight everyone." Khirah murmured as she and Zel walked to their room.

"And she wondered how she could have gotten pregnant." Firia muttered to Martina with a grin. The aqua haired woman laughed as she looked over at her husband. Zangalus was in a heated discussion with Gourry over to care taking of swords. "And speaking oh which I think I'll go collect my husband." Martina murmured with a wicked grin as she walked over to Zangalus and whispered into his ear.

"Uh, I'll see you tomorrow Gourry." Zangalus murmured. Firia and Slyphial looked at each other and burst into laughter. Martina winked at them as she and her husband made their way to their room. Slyphial sighed dreamily.

"Get going!" Firia murmured as she nudged Slyphial into the general direction on Gourry. Baby Val meowed hungrily. "I have to feed Val, so go on!" Slyphial nodded and walked shyly over to the merc. Firia picked up her adopted son and began to feed him.

"You wouldn't think she would be shy after today." A warm voice whispered into Firia's ear. Firia whirled around, her mace, ready and stared into a pair of liquid golden eyes.

"Migazia-sama, I'm sorry." Firia murmured as she looked down at the floor. Migazia laughed.

"Firia-san, why do you do that?" Milgazia asked.

"Because you are the elder." Firia murmured yet she looked up and saw the amused look on Milgazia's face. The Golden Dragon elder looked down at the feeding Val.

"He is growing rapidly." Milgazia noted as she tickled Val's plump tummy.

"Why are you here?" Firia asked.

"I have a message for Lina-san." Migazia said as he looked over at Lina and Xellos. "But I don't think this would be the best of times to bother them. Firia scowled.

"I can't believe Lina likes that Namagomi." Milgazia stared down at Firia with disapproval in his eyes. "Do not criticize Lina decision. One can't control who you love and who you don't. Remember that child." Milgazia pushed his long blond hair back, yet a trace of sadness lingered in Milgazia's eyes.

"You love her don't you?" Firia murmured. Milgazia's eyes bugged out.

"Lina-chan?" Milgazia looked down at Firia. "No.... no not Lina."

"I didn't mean Lina." Firia muttered as Milgazia beat a hasty retreat. Val gurgled and grabbed hold of Firia's blond hair.


The next morning:

Sherra looked at the group coldly.

"So she thinks she can kill Dynast-san and get away with it ne?" Sherra smiled cruelly.


Later:

Milgazia had given Lina the letter, it was form her sister, and after reading the letter. Lina grinned and kissed Xellos square on the lips. Khirah cocked and eyebrow and picked up the letter. The message was direct and to the point.

"Don't let him get away Lina-chan
Love, Luna"

Khirah smiled and shook Milgazia's hand

"Nice to meet you Milgazia."

"And you as well Mrs. Greyweres." Milgazia kissed Khirah's hand, earning him a glare from Zel. With one last cocky grin, Milgazia transformed and flew through the air back towards the Dragon Peaks.


Sherra cursed her luck. She could have killed that thrice-cursed Golden Elder, now she would have to wait.


"Everyone, Khirah and I have made a decision." Zel said softly. "Because of the child, we have decided to leave." Lina gasped, and Xellos wrapped his arms around her waist.

"I'm sorry everyone." Khirah whispered. "But I have to think of the child." Khirah walked over to Lina and smiled at her. "I'm sorry Lina."

"Hey, you have the rest of your lives to think of." Lina said softly. Lina hugged Khirah fiercely. "Just take care of him ne?"

"Of course. 'Sides, we aren't leaving yet." Khirah grinned weakly. "You think you can get rid of my that easily?"

"No but I do." A cold voice came from behind Khirah. The ex-Chimera whiled around and looked at the woman with long blue hair

"Who are you?" Khirah asked as she saw the woman brandish her sword.

"Your death. You will pay for killing Dynast-san."

"That psycho?" Khirah asked incredulous.

"Psycho ne?" Sherra smiled coldly as she leapt from her perch on the overhang.

"Khirah!" Zel cried as he raced forward. Khirah raise her hands and Sherra slamed into her shield.

"Sleep!" Khirah cried from behind her shield. Dynast's general crumpled onto the ground asleep. Khirah let down her shield and Zel grabbed her.

"Don't you dare do that to me again!" Zelgadis cried as he hugged her fiercely. Lina walked over to Sherra and stared down at the general.

"Who's she?" Lina asked.

"He name is Sherra, Lina get away form her." Xellos said, his voice grim. Lina looked at Sherra and nudged her with her foot.

"Khirah you've got to teach me how to do that spell." Lina said with a grin as she stood back up. Lina turned around and Sherra's eyes snapped open. The blue haired Mazuko grabbed Lina and leapt to her feet.

"I wouldn't if I were you." Sherra snarled as she held the edge of her sword against Lina's throat. Gourry stood down and resheathed his sword. Sherra turned to Xellos with burning eyes.

"Xellos if you want you playmate, come with me." Sherra laughed and phazed out. Zel looked at the place where Sherra had been standing just moments before. An inhuman and articulate growl had Zel looking over at Xellos. The Mazuko's eye were so dark with anger they looked black and a thing shimmering violet aura surrounded his body. With a growl, Xellos phazed out as well. "Xellos!" Zel shouted, but the Mazuko was already gone.


Sherra tossed Lina to the ground and the sorceress glared up at the Mazuko.

"Do you realize what Xellos is going to do to you when he gets here."

"He's already here." Xellos said in a low rumbled. Xellos knelt down and helped Lina to her feet. "Get away from here Lina-chan." Xellos murmured as he locked gazes with Sherra.

"But Xellos....."

"Go!" Lina backed away and Sherra gathered a massive ball of energy in her hands.

"You should never have fallen in love with a human Xellos. Now when you lose her, it will be all that more painful." Sherra smirked and aimed her spell at Lina.

"NO!" Xellos cried as Sherra released the spell and it flew at Lina.


Chapter 8   |   Fanfiction