Ties to the Past


Notes

navy = Phibrizio's Past


Phibrizio blinked his green-blue eyes when the person called Lina Inverse opened her golden eyes.

"The Lord of Nightmares!" Phibrizio thought completely panicked. Then an icy cold calmness washed over him. "I am going to die. Odd, I don't feel anything but weariness. Perhaps...perhaps I will be a real man in the Otherside, not a man stuck as a child for all eternity!" Phibrizio snarled. "It's all her fault, damn you Crysa. Damn you for doing this to me....and for dying!" Phibrizio closed his eyes as scenes from his past, thing he just as soon wished had stay where t belonged, washed over him. Crysa smiling at him, her light to his darkness. Her icy silver hair shining in the firelight as the sat there talking till the night died and was reborn as day. Her dark slate blue eyes shining up into his that first painfully embarrassing night they had made love. Phibrizio growled as he reminded himself of what she had done to him. The vacant look in her eyes when she had trapped him in this child's body! The pain and infinite sadness in her eyes as he slowly killed her. The teardrops that clung to her sooty black lashes as she finally departed this world her last words breathed to him as the jewel bright intelligence left her eyes.

"I love you." she had whispered even as he had killed her and it brought him to his knees remembering. Phibrizio felt the searing, horrible pain as L-sama struck him down, but he was lost in the past, thinking about the first time she had entered his life. A burning torch that had melted the ice around his heart.

Phibrizio watched unimpassioned as another soul was trusted to his care.

"Kareal Maliva you have been sent to me, do you know why?" Phibrizio sighed as the woman before him babbled on about how she was innocent. That she hadn't murdered over twenty-five children, sacrificing them to her "God" Phibrizio felt a coldness ignite in his heart as he fed lightly off the woman's fear and madness. "Silence!" he barked. "I sentence you to the Mines of Crystal Tears, there you will spend eternity worked, never dying, never living, simply being." Phibrizio smiled a chill smile the would have frozen ice. The woman was dragged off screaming. "Anyone else today?" Phibrizio asked his soon to be dead General. With the position of Hellmaster, Phibrizio was able to see people's futures, when they would die and how. He knew that Caleana would die in less then a year. "Yes Hellmaster, Dynast's Priest Crysandra is here to see you about "A Mazuko that is Dynast's" as she put it." Cal said a sniff in his voice. Not for the millionth time did Phibrizio wander why he had appointed Cal as his general.

"Fine, send him in." Phibrizio sighed. He had yet to even see Dynast's new Priest, and he truly didn't care if he did or didn't meet the man.

"I am a she actually." A cold low, but still obviously feminine voice came from above the Hellmaster. Phibrizio's eyes widened, how had she managed to sneak in without him realizing it? The elven looking Mazuko floating above him flipped her long ice silver hair over her shoulders, her eyes filled with private amusement that she wasn't going to share with anyone else. For some odd reason, Zelas' Priest/General Xellos came to Phibrizio's mind when he stared at this woman. "But I am not here to argue with you on your lack of information, or security." The woman smirked down at Cal. "Not good at your job are you?" Phibrizio's looked at the silver haired Mazuko with amusement, she was taunting his General as if she could get away with it. Cal snarled and tossed a deadly spell at the woman which bounced off the shield she had effortlessly raised. "Please, don't waste your energy. I am a lot stronger then you."

"You arrogant little child I am twice the Mazuko you are!" Cal snarled his snake tongue and beady reptilian eyes hard.

"Yeah maybe size-wise snaky." Phibrizio watched as the small elven girl precisely and coldly picked apart his General verbally and deep down inside his cold heart, a flicker of amusement, something he hadn't felt in centuries, burst into life.

"Dynast must have his hands full with you my dear." Phibrizio said with a wintry smile.

"Hates my guts but he knows I am the best at my job, so he allows me my little....quirks." Crysandra's smile was equally as cold as the Hellmaster's.

"So who do you claim s Dynast's?" Phibrizio asked shifting in his seat as he poured himself a glass of wine and waved Crysandra to a seat. Crysandra sat down smoothing her ice blue dress down as she elegantly sat there. "Would you care for some wine? Phibrizio asked as he absently stared at his wineglass and then at the undeniably beautiful woman across from him.

"Depend on whether or not it's poisoned." Phibrizio's lips curled into something resembling a smile.

"If I wanted you dead I would simply kill you. And I doubt you are stronger then I." Crysandra laughed softly.

"Hardly Hellmaster, I know my limits." Phibrizio leaned forward his eyes burning.

"Do you?" he asked, his voice deadly soft. "Garv or Zellas would have killed you for humiliating their servant, and themselves like that. Hardly a smart move my dear."

"Ah but you recognize power and know that it would be a waste to kill me for such a small thing as prickling your pathetic excuse for a General. I should not have been able to get into your anteroom so easily. Perhaps I could give him some pointers." Crysandra's voice was condescending and Phibrizio watched amused as Cal flushed embarrassed.

"Why don't you leave us Cal." Phibrizio murmured as he looked at his General. Cal scowled but left as ordered.

"Oh my, I believe I may have hurt his feelings." Crysandra smirked.

"Yes, well watch your back from now on, Cal is not one to take an insult lightly.

"But he could never beat me, he is too weak." Phibrizio cocked an eyebrow. "You and I both know he is dying of something, the smell of disease clings to him. But that is not why I am here. Tesler Chernoh, he is Dynast's, not yours. You have no claim on him He was raised and sworn to Dynast but because he died on your territory you tried to claim him. But the law states that he is still Dynast's."

"I bed to differ, he died trying to break into my fortress he's mine." Phibrizio purred as he sipped his wine, rolling the taste over his tongue.

"No he is Dynast's, and you know it Phibrizio." Crysandra crossed her leg exposing a well-developed calf and a small narrow foot encased in sandals. Phibrizio found his interest increase. To be honest with himself, which he normally was, this impetus female stuck an odd cord in him. Crysandra smiled at Phibrizio as she leaned forward. "Why do you want a piece of slime like Teslar anyway? He's nothing but filth."

"Such kind words for your comrade." Phibrizio drawled.

"He and I may work for Dynast but I can't stand the son of a bitch. But it's my job to get him from your..." Crysandra smiled. "...evil clutches." Phibrizio smirked.

"Take him, but what will you give me in return?" Crysandra thought for a moment.

"Depends? What do you want?" Phibrizio chuckled softly.

"I truly don't know Crysandra." he admitted.

"Call me Crysa please." The silver haired woman said with an impish grin.

"I am Phibrizio."

"Can I call you Phibby?"

"Absolutely not!" Phibrizio yelped and Crysa laughed.

"Sorry...the look on your face was classic."

"Are you done yet?" Phibrizio asked coldly and Crysa nodded her head keeping a strait face.

"Yes, I have gotten what I came here for, and now know what I want."

"Oh?" Phibrizio stood up and walked around his desk so that he towered over Crysa by several inches.

"Yes I am a Mazuko who goes after what she is looking for." Crysa began to float so that she was eye level to Phibrizio.

"And that would be?" Phibrizio didn't like the predatory look in Crysa's slate blue eyes. Crysa giggled and kissed him on the lips

"You." Phibrizio was shocked numb. "Ta ta Phibby-chan." Crysa laughed and phased out.


Crysandra was still laughing the next day as she ran a brush through her silver hair and stared aimlessly out the window of her quarters....at the ice fields of the North Pole.

"This place sure isn't much to look at." Crysa muttered.

"What are you doing Crysa!?" Sherra demanded as she phazed into Crysa's quarters. "The Hellmaster! Are you nuts? The guy is a block of ice." Sherra walked over to Crysa. "Look don't even think about falling for this guy Crysa, he's stone cold, could never return your feelings. I don't think he can love, it's impossible for him. By Shabrinigdo himself I have never even heard of him having any kind of affair. The guy is not a lovable guy Crysa. I'm telling you this as your friend." Sherra laid her hand on the silver haired Mazuko's shoulder. "Don't give your heart to Phibrizio, he'll only shatter it."

"Maybe he's like that because no one will give him a chance." Crysa muttered sulkily.

"Dream on Crysa, you know that as well as I do. So knowing all this what are you going to do?"

"I'm still going to pursue him, he's gorgeous and have you heard his voice?" Crysa grinned. "Oh yeah, I am not letting go so easily." Sherra sighed.

"Fine seduce him if you want too..." Sherra shuddered at the thought. "...do what you have to do, but Shabrinigdo-sama, don't fall for him." Crysa laid down her brush. "Come on, Dynast-sama is waiting for us." The Priest and General of Dynast Grausherra phazed to their master's antechamber.


A month later, Crysandra burst into Phibrizio's once collected and content life.

"Cal!" Phibrizio snarled as he racked his hand through his hair. "Are there any other people scheduled for today?"

"Yes Master, there are five more souls awaiting judgement." Cal said softly and winced when Phibrizio snarled

"Let them go, put them where ever, I don't want to see them. I'm going for a walk" Phibrizio growled as he stood up and fastened a cloak around his shoulders.

"A walk.... Outside? Master are you feeling okay?" Hellmaster blasted Cal and phazed out of his palace. Phibrizio appeared in a clearing next to a beautiful lake. The sun shone down on the rippling waters making them look silver, the color of Her hair. The sky was a dark slate blue, the exact same shade as Her eyes.

"Impossible! No one can like me, much less want to kiss me. I'm the Hellmaster, everyone hates me....don't they?" Phibrizio groaned. "L-sama take me now!"

"Take you where?" the voice, that beautiful lilting voice that had haunted his waking moments and dreams for the last month came from behind him. Phibrizio turned around and say Crysa standing on the edge of the lake. Today she was wearing a blue armor and a billowing white cloak. Her feet were bare and her caves were encased in a pair of blue shin guards the same shade as the armor and her beautiful eyes. Crysa's silver hair was unbound and it blew around her face like mist. Phibrizio's heartbeat became unsteady just looking at her.

"Why." Phibrizio asked as he walked over to her. "Why did you kiss me?"

"Because I wanted to of course."

"But why, everyone hates me, I am the Hellmaster, one of the most feared and hated beings on this world. I don't like anyone, not even my own General."

"Well that may be a problem because I like you." Crysa floated up until she was face to face with Phibrizio.

"Impossible, you can't like me." Phibrizio blurted out as he violently shook his head. Crysa caught his face in her small, surprisingly strong hand and kissed Phibrizio lingeringly.

"Still don't believe me?" she asked the speechless Hellmaster.

"No I don't like you are anyone, I hate everything." Crysa smiled and kissed Phibrizio with greater passion.

"And I think you are lying." Crysa floated to the ground and sat down. She smiled up at Phibrizio and patted the ground next to her. With a long suffering sigh, Phibrizio say down next to her and glowered at the lake in front of them.

"I don't understand why you would like me. In all my thousands of years of living, no one has been able to like me. I am ice cold, and I know this. I like it like that. Fear is a great tool that you can use against people...." Phibrizio said softly not looking at Crysa. He felt a soft caress on his cheek and turned to see Crysa smiling at him sadly.

"You poor thing, to go so long without anyone's love. When I look at you I see a gorgeous, exotic looking man with the sexist voice I have every heard. Phibrizio was mortified when he felt his cheeks grow hot with a blush. "And you look even more cute when you blush. Phibrizio shook his head.

"You are a very odd person Crysandra."

"Please call me Crysa, all my friends do."

"And am I your friend?" Phibrizio asked. "I could kill you without a second thought, I doubt that would count as a friend." He was trying to intimidate her, drive her away from him before he actually made the mistake of caring for the girl. Instead she laughed.

"Phibby, the majority of my friends have tried to kill me more then once." Phibrizio closed his eyes and tried to contain his laugh of exasperation and amusement.

"I should just kill you and get it over with, but for some odd reason I can't" Phibrizio leaned forward and shyly and hesitantly kissed Crysa. "Would you dine with me tonight?" Phibrizio asked a uncertain look in his eyes; his voice unsteady. "Maybe by then I will have come to my senses and killed you." Crysa laughed.

"Or maybe by then you will have come to your senses and realized that you like me." From deep down in the darkest recesses of his soul laughter bubbled up for the first time in longer then he could remember. Phibrizio laughed as he stood to his feet and helped Crysa to her own.

"Until them my lady." Phibrizio said with a grin in his eyes as he phazed back to his palace.

"Master?" Cal asked unnerved by the grin on Phibrizio's face.

"Get the palace in order Cal I am having a guest over for dinner and I want everything perfect." Phibrizio strode to his rooms to get ready for his date; a small bounce in his step and anticipation twinkling in his eyes.


Phibrizio had just fastened his midnight colored cloak around his shoulders when Cal alerted him that Crysa had arrived. Phibrizio phazed to his study just as Cal showed Crysa into his study. Phibrizio's breath was taken away when he saw the stunning dress she was wearing. It was a gauzy white dress that hung to mid calf. There where many layers but Phibrizio could still see the shadows of her curves. The neckline of the dress plunged to just brush the tops of her full breasts and she still wore the necklace from this afternoon. But this time her hair was held back from her face by silver clasps stubbed with sapphires and diamonds. Phibrizio tried not to stare as his gaze traveled up and down her body. On her right ankle was slender anklet with a matching pendant to the one she wore around her neck. She didn't wear shoes and her small delicate feet were firmly planted in the lush black carpet of his study.

"You're....you're...." Phibrizio searched for the right words. "...barefoot." Phibrizio's calm skin flushed and Crysa laughed.

"How astute." Crysa walked over to him.

"No I meant you're exquisite." Phibrizio murmured miserably uncomfortable.

"Thanks Phibby." Crysa said smiling up at him. "You're not to shabby looking yourself." Phibrizio looked away.

"No really I'm not, I had no idea what to wear and I...." Phibrizio trailed off when he noticed that Crysa's gaze was traveling up and down his body slowly. She took in his simple black tunic and black slacks He wore shiny black boots and his longish hair was brushing the edge of the color of his tunic.

"No you're right, your collar is off." Crysa reached up and straitened the collar of his tunic; her hands brushing along his neck. Crysa smoothed her hand down Phibrizio's shirt, her nails lightly scraping along his skin. Going lower, and lower until she reached his abdomen. The muscles oh Phibrizio's abdomen clenched and with a gay laugh, Crysa backed away. Her piercing gaze trailed along his body once more, like a caress. Crysa's lips parted slightly in a satisfied smile. "Yes now you are perfect." Phibrizio cocked amused eyebrow.

"I thought we would first dine, then take a stroll outside somewhere." Phibrizio said somewhat shyly as he held out his arm. Crysa smiled and wrapped her arm around his and they phazed to the dinning hall of Phibrizio's palace.

Dinner was a disaster for the shy Phibrizio who couldn't seem to even hold his goblet right. They feed off the anger of a man who had been betrayed by his own kin. The pain of a tortured man and the delicious fear of the group of souls awaiting judgement the next day for desert. They did eat real food of course just for the novelty of it. And it was delicious, but poor Phibrizio was so nervous he kept dropping his food.

"How about I feed you." Crysa asked as she walked around the table and conjured a chair for herself. Phibrizio's eyes bugged out slightly.

"What?" he asked completely at a loose for words. Crysa smiled as she grasped a morsel of food on the edge of Phibrizio's fork.

"Open your mouth." She instructed. The startled Hellmaster opened his mouth obediently and Crysa place the food in his mouth slowly dragging the fork out freeing it of the food on his full bottom lip. Phibrizio shivered at the simple eroticness of that gesture. Crysa smiled her eyes hooded and dark with untold passions. Phibrizio took a deep breath and tried to get a reign on his unruly hormones. Crysa repeated the gesture and Phibrizio grasped her hand angrily.

"Don't play with me Crysa." he whispered, his voice deadly. "I am not one to be trifled with. Crysa leaned forward so that they were nose to nose.

"I am not playing Phibrizio." Crysa whispered back at him. "I only play for keeps."

"Then why are you here? Did your master send you here to kill me?" Crysa laughed

"Shabrinigdo-sama you are dense." Crysa crowed. "Of course Dynast didn't send me! He knows I would never allow myself to be used like that. No I am here of my own free will."

"Then why..." Crysa shushed Phibrizio by covering his lips with her fingertips.

"I believe you promised me a stroll under the stars." Crysa stood up and smiled enchantingly at Phibrizio. The Hellmaster found himself powerless to resist her unspoken invitation and doubted he would have if given the choice. He gently pulled Crysa to him, wrapping his arms around her waist and phazed them both to the secluded glen he had chosen for their walk. Crysa looked around silently. "It's very beautiful." she whispered as she gently touched a leaf. Phibrizio was gazing at her, the way the moonlight shone on her silver hair. They way her gauze gown cling to her body when a warm wind blew past, sending her tumbling hair cascading down her back.

"Yes absolutely beautiful" Phibrizio whispered as they walked along the path silently. Phibrizio was silently berating himself for being a fool and to simply make the first move, but each time he tried to, his courage failed him. They had finally circled the path and stopped.

"Hmmm, odd." Crysa whispered.

"What?" Phibrizio asked.

"Oh it's just that we have walked this entire path and you didn't make one move." Crysa smiled impishly up at him. "Aren't you going to kiss me?" Phibrizio blinked and lightly grasped Crysa's forearms and pulled her against him.

"If you want." he whispered huskily, slightly unsure and his cheeks bright. Crysa laughed low in her throat and laced her hands around his neck and pulled him down so that they could kiss. Phibrizio was shy at first but with Crysa's sigh of pleasure as encouragement, he deepened the kiss. His hands rested on her slender waist and slowly, instinctively run up her sides gently cupping her full breasts. Phibrizio sighed as Crysa floated slightly and began to kiss the hollow of his shoulder. Phibrizio, with greater passion, trailed kisses down Crysa's jaw line and neck. Crysa bit his shoulder and he shuddered and nibbled along her delectable neck. He grazed his teeth across her throat and her grip on his arms tightened. Phibrizio, completely caught up in the moment rubbed his thumbs over Crysa's nipples through the silk gauze Phibrizio dropped his mouth to her bare collarbone and ran his tongue around in a luxurious circle across the milky skin. Crysa gasped and head his head there. She suddenly froze completely still and Phibrizio raised his head, his eyes dark with passion and want. Crysa looked at him in absolute horror.

"I'm sorry but..." Crysa grabbed Phibrizio and kissed him passionately her voice filling his mind.

"My master just called for me, I have to go. I'm so sorry Phibrizio." Crysa broke off the kiss and smiled at the bemused look on Phibrizio's face and phaze away to answer her master's summons, leaving the Hellmaster behind. Phibrizio lightly touched a trembling hand to his lips, the taste of her still clinging to them and sighed. This was going to be a long, lonely night.


Crysa sighed as she phazed into her quarters dead tired three days later. Dynast has sent her on a intense recon mission gathering information on the Greater Beatsmaster. Crysa growled as she flopped down on her bed. She winced as her head hit something, hard and sharp.

"L-sama!" Crysa cried as her hand sought out the object that had hurt her. She pulled out a beautiful necklace that emitted such power; Crysa instinctively raised a shield to protect herself. The gem was the same shade as her eyes but on closer inspection Crysa saw the very power clash and sparked within in like miniature lightning bolts and explosions. "It's amazing." Crysa whispered as she saw the note attached to it. She opened it up.

To Crysandra,

I had a wonderful time last night. So wonderful in fact that I am finding it hard to concentrate on all this boring paperwork. But seriously, would you care to join me on Friday for a night of theatre and dinner? I will meet you at the garden where we took our stroll at moonrise if you wish to come. I hope this reaches you in time but if it doesn't and you still wish to go, please stop by sometime and tell me. Now you must be wondering why I gave you that magickal amulet. There are dark times approaching and this necklace will protect you. I can't tell you more then that, but for my peace of mind, please wear it at all times

Sincerely Yours,
Phibrizio

Crysa sighed as she read over the letter again. She lightly touched the amulet. Then with a shock she realized something. It was Friday! Crysa leapt form her bed and looked out the window. The moon would be rising in less then ten minutes. "By Shabrinigdo! I'm going to be late!" Crysa cried as she hurriedly dressed She had just fastened Phibrizio's necklace on when Dynast summoned her. With a growl she phazed to his anteroom. "You summoned me Lord Dynast?" Crysa asked her breath coming out in puffs of stream. Dynast eyed Crysa noting her outfit and hair.

"My you are pretty tonight? Going on a date?"

"Yes actually I was." Crysa said.

"With? Is it someone I know?" Dynast asked, already knowing the answer. Sherra from Dynast's right noticed Crysa's jaw tighten and prayed silently that her young friend would keep her mouth shut.

"Hellmaster Phibrizio, Lord Dynast." Crysa said her eyes alight with challenge. Dynast laughed.

"That blackheart? Good luck spinning your whiles on that one Crysandra."

"Is there are reason for your summons?" Crysa asked.

"I heard a nasty rumor that you were dating Phibrizio, you aren't seriously considering starting a relationship with him are you?" Crysa's eyes narrowed as she looked over at Sherra.

"That depends all on him Lord Dynast." Crysa said softly. Dynast's dark eyes sparkled.

"I don't like the tone in your voice Crysandra." He warned.

"And I really don't like you prying into my personal business Lord Dynast." Crysa said through clenched teeth. Dynast growled.

"I don't like you seeing him you might lose sight of your job."

"Never Lord Dynast."

"You dare to contradict me?" Dynast roared. Sherra flinched and silently willed Crysa to be silent.

"No I am simply telling you that I can do my job and have a personally life at the same time." Dynast snarled and motioned jerkily.

"I have been too lenient with you Crysandra." He growled as guards grabbed Crysa. "But you will find out what happens to servants that are disrespectful." Crysa's eyes widened as she realized her mistake. But it was too late. "Twenty lashes with the enchanted whip, I want her to remember the pain of disrespecting her master." The guards nodded stonily and phazed Crysa to the dungeons. Sherra closed her eyes and tried not to look at Dynast as Crysa's screams of pain echoed through the palace.


Crysa lay in her bed, whimpering as Sherra doctored the wounds on her back.

"You shouldn't have baited Dynast-sama like that." Sherra whispered as she cleaned the wounds. "They are healing so quickly. How is this possible, even for a Mazuko these wounds should last for weeks." Crysa shrugged.

"How long?"

"I would say two days till they are gone, and I don't think their will even be scars, the luck of Shabrinigdo must be with you." Crysa fingered Phibrizio's necklace.

"No the luck of the Hellmaster." She thought silently. "Sherra are you done? I really want to sleep now." Sherra nodded.

"Look...Crysa, I didn't tell Dynast-sama about you and the Hellmaster." Crysa smiled and squeezed Sherra's hand.

"I know." Sherra tentatively smiled back at Crysa as she gathered up her supplies.

"I will go now, rest some."

"I will, could you bar the door so no one comes in?"

"Of course." Sherra phazed out and "barred" the Crysa's chambers. Crysa waited until she was certain that Sherra was gone and climbed off her bed. She winced as the scabs on her wounds stretched but didn't crack. She pulled her ruined dress off and dressed in a light cloth that wouldn't weigh down her wounds.

"I have to see Phibrizio." Crysa thought grimly as she phazed to Phibrizio's study. She found the Hellmaster sipping from a tumbler of brandy. At his elbow was a half empty bottle of the rich brown colored liquid

"Crysa." Phibrizio said dully.

"Look Phibby, I was getting dressed for our date but Dynast called me away. I'm sorry." Crysa laid her hands over Phibrizio's and as he drained his tumbler.

"Dicleary." Phibrizio muttered as he stood up "So..you do still want you see me?"

"More then ever." Crysa whispered as she lightly hugged Phibrizio. "Thank you for the amulet it's exquisite." Crysa murmured as she breathed in the masculine scent of Phibrizio.

"The stone reminded me of you, of your beautiful eyes." Phibrizio whispered as he kissed Crysa. Crysa smiled and kissed Phibrizio back. The Hellmaster wrapped his arms around Crysa, his arms resting on her back, pulling her closer. Pain flared through Crysa as the delicate scabs covering her wound cracked and she cried out softly in pain. Phibrizio jerked back as he felt the pain wash though her. "Crysa!" he cried as she stared down at her. He pulled his hand back revealing blood staining them. Phibrizio's eyes narrowed in rage, his eyes burning. He sat Crysa on the edge of his desk and shifted so that he could see her back and the small amount of blood that had stained the back of Crysa's dress. The Hellmaster pulled Crysa's dress down revealing the whip lashes. Some where bleeding slowly, the blood seeping out of the cracked scabs. Phibrizio trembled in rage as he cast a healing spell on Crysa's wounds, but it had no effect. Phibrizio frowned and channeled his energy through the magickal amulet he had given Crysa. Phibrizio ran his fingers over the lashes gently and between his power and the amulet's power the wounds stopped bleeding. Crysa shivered at the feel of Phibrizio warm fingers caressing her back.

"Who did this to you?" Phibrizio whispered in her ear.

"Dynast." Crysa turned around and stared at Phibrizio and shivered once again at the look in his eyes. Crysa grabbed Phibrizio's arm. "No, he did it too teach me a lesson. That I shouldn't be disrespectful."

"So?" Phibrizio asked his voice deadly soft.

"Phibby, I know what you are thinking. You are broadcasting." Phibrizio scowled and shielded his mind. "Please don't, if you attack Dynast he is going to take it out on me."

"Not if he's dead." Phibrizio said with a wintry smile

"No, look you know as well as I do that a war is coming. And Shabrinigdo-sama would be very upset if you killed Dynast. We need all the Mazuko we can get." Phibrizio snarled and began to curse in countless languages only half of which Crysa had heard of and furiously paced like a angry panther. Crysa twisted trying follow him and gasped as she twisted the delicate skin of her wounds only half healed. Phibrizio paused in mid-rant and rushed to her side.

"You shouldn't do that!" Phibrizio whispered as he gentle caressed her check; worry in his eyes. Phibrizio gently gathered Crysa in his arms. Crysa relaxed and snuggled up against Phibrizio's chest. The Hellmaster smiled slightly as he carried Crysa out of his study. He considered phazing to the room he was going to place Crysa for about a second. But the thought of cradling her delicate body against his own was too enticing. After all, it wasn't like he had a beautiful woman curled up in his arms everyday.

"Where are we going?" Crysa murmured biting her lip as another shaft of pain show through her.

"Your room." Phibrizio said softly as he opened the door to a beautifully appointed room. Phibrizio laid Crysa on the bed. Crysa grabbed Phibrizio's hand and squeezed it.

"Thanks Phibby." Crysa whispered as she slid other hand up and cupped Phibrizio's cheek softly. Crysa moved over and pulled Phibrizio onto the bed with her. "Can you....can you just stay with me tonight?" she asked her cheeks tinged with a blush. "Just lay with me, protect me from my dreams." Phibrizio nodded and kissed Crysa gently

"Alright." he whispered as he lay down next to her and pulled Crysa into his arms. Phibrizio smoothed Crysa's hair back from her forehead and kissed the nape of her neck. "Go to sleep Crysa, I'll watch over you." Crysa nodded and closed her eyes; then fell asleep.

"What am I doing?" Phibrizio wondered silently as he brushed more of Crysa's hair form her face. He marveled at how silky the silver strands were as he slid them through his fingers. "By Shabrinigdo, how could a....a....girl get so far paste my shields. How could I....fall in love?" Phibrizio swallowed. "No, I can't be in love, it's not possible. I am Hellmaster Phibrizio, cold, heartless. Untouched by emotions." Phibrizio buried his face in Crysa's hair breathing in the scent of jasmines and roses. "By L-sama I do, I love her." Phibrizio felt like groaning, instead he closed his eyes and willed himself to sleep.


Phibrizio opened his eyes, not sure of where he was. He wasn't in his room he knew that, the bed was too soft, and...he was holding Crysa in her sleep. What a minute! Holding Crysa....Phibrizio blushed as he remember last night. Phibrizio looked down at the young Mazuko in his arm. Crysa slowly opened her slate blue eyes and stared at Phibrizio; and smiled. Phibrizio felt his all the ice, and barriers around his heart melt in the face of that warm, loving smile.

"How, were your dreams?"

"Nice. For the first time in a thousand years, no nightmares." Crysa smiled brightly at Phibrizio. "Thank you Phibby." Crysa reached up and kissed Phibrizio softly and sighed. "I wish we could just stay in bed all day long." Crysa sighed and sat up. "But alas we have our jobs." Phibrizio scowled.

"You can't honestly be thinking about going back there."

"Phibby, he's my master. I have to go." Crysa said sadly. "And no you may not lock me up in a ivory tower." Phibrizio growled when he realized she had read him mind once again and sat up.

"Fine the dungeon." Crysa shook her head.

"Bars and cells won't stop me, and I would never come back if you tried. I'll be alright, I just pushed the wrong buttons is all. Dynast is rarely like that, never even beat me before. But the fact of the matter is, he is my master and I must obey him." Crysa leaned her head against Phibrizio's shoulder and he stroked her silky hair. "But thank you anyway, no one's ever come to my rescue before." Crysa smiled at her fancy. "You willing you slay dragons to win my favor Phibby?" Phibrizio smiled.

"That and so much more my lady." he said getting into character. Crysa laughed her silvery laughter.

"Come, we both have work to do." Crysa climbed out of bed and Phibby cocked an eyebrow at her. The with a grin he laid down. "Hey lazybones, get up."

"Crysa it's four am, I don't have to get up for another three hours at least. Crysa blinked and her brow furrowed in thought. "What?"

"Just wondering if I should sneak back to my bed in the North or stay and fool around with you." Phibrizio sputtered and blushed brightly.

"Um....ah..ah...well...you see." Phibrizio blushed brighter and Crysa got ready to leave. "Wait! Don't go." Crysa cocked her head to the side smiling slightly.

"You want me to stay?" Crysa walked over to Phibrizio her eyes alight with amusement. Phibrizio looked up and saw the smug little smile on her face and growled in mock anger.

"Why you little minx." he growled as he pulled her back onto the bed. "You tricked me."

"But you're so cute when you blush!" Crysa giggled.

"I shall have to seek retribution." Phibrizio said solemnly his eyes dancing. With a manic grin Phibrizio started to ticked Crysa, who howled

"No fair!" But Phibrizio's only response was a low laugh and he began to tickle her in earnest.


Crysa snarled as Dynast ordered her to his audience chamber later that morning.

"Lord Dynast?" Crysa murmured.

"I have given your relationship with Phibrizio careful deliberation and have decided I don't want you to see him again." Crysa ground her teeth. "And to make it clear, that is an order." Dynast leaned forward but was unable to lap up any of the rage that Crysa had tightly shielded.

"As you wish." Crysa said her voice deadly.

"That is all, you are dismissed." Crysa phazed to her quarters, anger hazing her vision over. Crysandra quickly jotted down a note and waited for Sherra to arrive, and like clock-work the General of Dynast appeared.

"Crysa I'm sorry." Sherra murmured as lesser Mazuko behind her.

"Hi Sherra, Duofolger." Crysa whispered from her perch on her window. "Sherra can I talk to you alone?" Duofolger nodded and phazed out.

"Crysa?" Sherra began and Crysa turned around

"Give this to the Hellmaster please Sherra." The silver haired Mazuko whispered. "Give it only to him."

"Crysa... I don't think."

"Please! Sherra if you are my friend do this for me." Sherra accepted the letter.

"I only have to give it to him right, I don't have to bring you back anything?"

"No, just give it to him please." Sherra signed and phazed out. Crysa regained her seat on her window and stared aimlessly out into the blinding blizzard that had blow up.


Phibrizio trembled in rage after he read Crysa's letter. He looked at Sherra with icy green-blue eyes and smiled coldly at the flinching Mazuko.

"Thank you." he said curtly, clearly dismissing Sherra. The Mazuko paused.

"What are you going to do?" she asked lowly. "Look Hellmaster, Crysa is my friend and I won't let you do something that would get her hurt." Phibrizio glared at Sherra but the General stood up against his angry look.

"I see why Crysa admires you so much." Phibrizio said softly, impressed by Sherra's courage. Sherra blinked unsure of what to do. "But I won't let Crysa get hurt. I will have Dynast's head on a pike if he lays a hand on her again. And you can tell your master that. But this." The Hellmaster paused. "You may utter only to Crysa herself. I am going to, if you pardon the pun, make Dynast's life a living Hell until he lets go of Crysa." Phibrizio smiled a wintry smile that Sherra returned in understanding. She nodded her head.

"I will see that she gets your message." Sherra looked sharply at the Hellmaster. "Anything else you want me to tell her for you?" Phibrizio smiled slighty.

"Nothing I cant' tell her myself, thank you for your time Sherra." Sherra nodded and phazed out. Phibrizio sat down in his chair and read over the note for the fifth time.

Dear Phibby,

"I wish she would stop calling me that." Phibrizio muttered, but his predictably shook his head and smiled slightly at Crysa's audacity and foolishness. Phibrizio slowly sipped on this newest trend amongst the mortals, a drink called coffee, and read on.

Dynast has forbidden me from seeing you again. I don't want to, but I have to obey him. Please try to understand. Perhaps in a few decades he'll let us be together, but right now I don't see any way around this. Forgive me please, perhaps it would have been better that one day in your study if I hadn't found you so damned irresistible. But the past is past, and leave it where is it. Someday Phibby, I know we will be able to be together, so let that thought comfort you, because I know it will. One last thing. This is not farewell, merely goodbye for now.

Love,
Crysandra.

Phibrizio read the letter over and over again at intervals of the night as he formed a plan in his mind. And whenever he doubted himself, he read that letter over in the following days and weeks. But his heart would catch in his throat whenever he tread her signature. "Love" Could he be that she loved him? Was it possible for her to feel the same way? Phibrizio found himself anxious to see her again, just so he could hear her say the three words that was killing him to hear. Still, even Crysa letter couldn't keep him warm at night when all his doubts and worries surfaced. And the one thing that continuously ran through his mind was how could he fall in love? He asked himself that every night just before he slipped into a sleep haunted by visions of Crysa's death, at his own hands and he would wake up at night screaming.


Dynast Gruasherra was not a happy Mazuko.

"Damn you Hellmaster." he snarled. "I will find a way to get you back." Dynast said, hatred thick in his voice as he summoned Crysa. The silver haired Mazuko appeared before him dressed in her armor and Phibrizio's hatred necklace. In the past two months, Dynast had come to hate Crysa to a new, degree, almost as much as he hated Phibrizio. But the girl was the best spy he had and deadly, he doubt in a fight that he would be able to kill her without serious injury to himself. Dynast wanted to take his anger out on the girl but Phibrizio's words "I'll have your head on a pike if you touch Crysandra again." ran through his head and he contented himself to taking his rage out on his other hapless minions.

"You called Lord Dynast?" Crysa asked her normally lilting voice soft, almost toneless.

"Yes, I take back my orders against you seeing Phibrizio. You have my blessing to pursue him." Dynast actually sprouted a lion's tail that lashed back and forth angrily. "Get near the Hellmaster, twist him around your finger."

"Master I don't think that is possible." Crysa said softly.

"Do whatever you have to, just call this blasted Hellbrat off of me. Dismissed!" Dynast barked and Crysa phazed away.


Crysa phazed into her room so that she could get dressed when she noticed the small package on her bed. Crysa blinked and walked over to the bed and picked up the package. On the outside was a letter which she laid on the bed unopened. She carefully unwrapped the package. She opened the box and the most beautiful set of roses she had ever seen lay there in a bed of snow. One was silver, the other slate blue. She picked up the roses and smelled them. Suddenly they opened revealing a gorgeous earring inside the center of both blossoms. Crysa laughed in delight and extracted the delicate drops. She noted they matched Phibrizio's necklace and each pulsed with power like her necklace from Phibrizio. She gently touched the blossoms one more time and they suddenly hardened the leaves spreading, becoming a comb. Crysa stared down at the rose comb and smelt them. They still smelt like roses yet her as hard as metal. With a soft smile she turned to Phibrizio's letter.

Dear Crysa,

I hope you like my simple gifts, they suited you so much. But truthfully, now that Dynast has been kind enough (can you hear the sarcasm in my voice.?) too revoke that stupid order of his, I was wondering if you would join me tonight for dinner and dancing. We can go to one or those mortal towns or we can spend the night in. I have a ballroom somewhere in my castle, I know it. Just have to find it is all. But all joking aside, to be honest, I have sorely missed you and I want to see you again. Please come. Meet me at garden at moonrise so we can avoid Cal and the rest of my tiresome underlings. I look forward to seeing you.

Anxious to see you,
Phibrizio

Crysa smiled as she drew a bath. Her date with Phibrizio was hours away and she wanted everything to be perfect. Once she had taken a long soak, she brushed out her silver hair and neatly pinned it back with the rose comb Phibrizio had given her. Once down she dressed with precision. She chose a draping slate blue dress the shade of her eyes that fitted to the bodes and then fell. It was breezy and loose, perfect or dancing. She then made sure her make-up was perfect and put on the drops. With one last glance in the mirror, Crysa phazed to the garden just as the moon rose. Crysa appeared beneath a low hanging willow tree.

"Crysa." The silver haired Mazuko whirled around to see Phibrizio standing about ten feet away. Phibrizio rushed forward but stopped suddenly less then three feet form her, a blush riding his cheeks. He looked at her fervently. Crysa's breath was taken away, he look, breathtakingly handsome. He wore a elegant black formal jacket over tailored pants. He wore a long black cloak that hung to his ankle and was fastened to his shoulder by a silver chain. Crysa could see that his shirt beneath his jacket was white, the first time she had ever seen him wear that color. All in all, he was devastatingly handsome and obviously nervous.

"You look outstanding Phibby." Crysa whispered as she hugged the Hellmaster tightly. Phibrizio relaxed and held her. The two simply held each other for a long time, oblivious to the world outside the blissful one they had created around themselves. Phibrizio laced his hands through Crysa's hair as he tipped her head back.

"Crysa I've really missed you." Crysa smiled up at him.

"Me too, Phibby." she whispered just as Phibrizio kissed her with all the pent up longing and passion that had gathered over the past two months. Crysa wrapped her arms around Phibrizio's neck and laughed low in her throat and molded her body to his own.

"Down, boy, we have a whole night to get through." Crysa told Phibrizio telepathically. The Hellmaster broke off the kiss and cocked an eyebrow.

"Only the night?" he asked, his voice solemn.

"Of course not, but we have a date to go on, then we can..." Crysa smiled widely. "Catch up." Phibrizio shook his head the barest hint of color on his cheeks.

"So do you want to go amongst the mortals today, or hunt up that ballroom?" Crysa cocked her head to the side.

I really don't care." she admitted smiling at Phibrizio.

"Hmmm...well lets go. I haven't been to a mortal town in...well...ever." Phibrizio admitted with a curious face. "I have never been to a human town."

"Never?" Crysa asked. "Oh we've gotta fix that." Crysa took Phibrizio's proffered arm with a musical laugh and the two phazed to the town Cal had suggested.


Crysa took a small bite of the chicken she had ordered.

"It's delicious Phibby." she murmured and Phibrizio hung his head groaning.

"I wish you would stop calling me that." he whispered.

"Why? It's cute and I can't exactly go around calling you by your full name now can I?" Phibrizio sighed defeated because he knew that he couldn't argue in the face of such logic, even Crysa's slightly twisted kind. Crysa smiled and grasped his hand from across the table and squeezed it slightly. Phibrizio smiled back at her and began to eat his dinner once again. After the two Mazuko had finished their dinners and were talking over a bottle of expensive wine; the bang began to play a soft haunting melody. Crysa's eyes were shining as she stood up and grinned down at Phibrizio.

"What?" The Hellmaster asked.

"You said dinner and dancing." Crysa said with a impish grin. Phibrizio shook his head but lead Crysa to the dance floor; noting there were only a few couples dancing. "You do dance right?" Crysa asked with an unmistakable challenge in her voice. Phibrizio smirked as he pulled Crysa close.

"Yes, as a matter of fact my mother was as stickler for such social graces." Crysa looked thoughtful. "What? You are surprised that I can dance?" Phibrizio asked as he lead Crysa through a smooth intricate dance.

"No that you have a mother." Phibrizio froze.

"What?!" he asked thoroughly shook up once again. "What is so hard about me having a mother?" Phibrizio asked.

"No that you talk about them. It's the first time I have ever heard you talk about any of your family."

"Well she died a long time ago Crysa, what's the point of talking about dead?"

"None, but I was surprised that such a private person as yourself would talk about her is all." Phibrizio spun Crysa way from him and her skirt flew away impressively.

"What about you? Got any family?"

"No, I was once human."

"Really? You weren't born Mazuko?"

"No, I was actually quite the sorceress back then."

"I can imagine. Why did you chose to become Mazuko?"

"At the time all I wanted was power, and to earn the love of mer master."

"Dynast? You loved him once?"

"No, I was...infatuated with him for about ten seconds. But by the time I realized what it meant to be Mazuko, it was too late." Crysa shrugged delicately. "But I make the perfect spy and assassin, so Dynast raised me to the position of Priest after only about a hundred years in his service." Crysa smiled as Phibrizio quickened the dance as the song reached it's climax. "So, that's my sad boring, story." Crysa whispered. Dimly aware that they were in the center of a loose ring of other couples. Phibrizio dipped Crysa low and slowly brought her back up in a in a undeniably seductive gesture.

"I don't find anything about you boring Crysa." Phibrizio whispered as he kissed the silver haired Mazuko passionately The two slowly became aware of the applause and stopped kissing in irritation only to realize they were the center of attention. Crysa's cheeks were flushed form both the kiss and embarrassment as she curtsied gracefully. Phibrizio shook his head yet bowed somewhat formally as he lead Crysa back to their table. The two Mazuko sat down only slightly out of breath. Phibrizio paid for dinner and smiled over at Crysa.

"Ready to go?" he asked smiling. "Or do you want to do an encore performance?" Crysa laughed.

"I doubt, they or I could handle another one of your dances Phibby."

"Ah but a dancer is as only as good as his partner." Phibrizio protested, eyes alight with amusement. Phibrizio stood up and held out his hand to Crysa. With another laugh, Crysa accepted his hand and the two walked outside the restaurant. Crysa suddenly grabbed Phibrizio and drew him in for another heart stopping kiss and phazed them to a place she had been planning to show him for a while. Phibrizio opened his eyes as he felt them phazed and glanced around curious at the place Crysa had brought them.

"Lighting." Crysa cast the spell and the very walls burst into prisms. Phibrizio looked around wide-eyed, totally mesmerized.

"It...breathtaking." Phibrizio whispered as he looked at the way the lighting spell refracted into millions of miniature rainbows. Crysa smiled as she gently hugged the Hellmaster

"No one has ever seen this place but me before." Crysa whispered. "It's my favorite spot in all of the world." Phibrizio looked down at Crysa's upturned face.

"You are sharing this place with me?" he whispered awestruck. "Why?" Crysa smiled and shook her head.

"I think you can figure it out." she whispered as she broke away from Phibrizio and walked to a jewelry case made of crystal and withdrew something that Phibrizio couldn't make out. With a sad smile, Crysa looked down at the necklace and walked back to his side. "Come, lets sit down." she murmured as she grabbed Phibrizio's hand and lead him to some ice blue colored chairs. Phibrizio sat down when Crysa gestured at one, but instead of sitting in the other, she lay down next to his chair and rested her arms on his legs.

"Crysa, what is wrong?" the Hellmaster asked.

"Nothing, just remembering is all." Crysa laid her back against Phibrizio's chair. "Did I tell you what I had to do to prove to Dynast that I was loyal to him?" Crysa asked softly, as she fiddled with the object in her hand. "I had to kill my family." Crysa's voice was the barest of whispers. Phibrizio froze feeling the sorrow, and regret pouring form her. He reached down and pulled Crysa into his lap mindless of her slight struggle. He cradled his arms and stroked her silken hair. "It's a common practice when initiating a Mazuko." Crysa whispered as she laid her head against Phibrizio's chest. "But the only reason Iam bringing it up is so that you understand the meaning behind this." Crysa opened her hand and the silver necklace she had worn the first time he'd seen her dangled from her hand. "It's been in my family for generations, the anklet too. Actually, the female is supposed to wear the anklet and the male of the marriage is supposed to wear the necklace." Phibrizio looked at the beautiful pendant. A dragon wrapped around a rose. "Interesting adornment for a Mazuko ne?" Crysa whispered as she looked at the pendant. "I...I want you to have it." Phibrizio blinked completely taken by surprise.

"Why?" he asked, "It belonged you your father right? Why would you give it to me?"

"Because." Crysa took a deep breath. "I know this sounds really sudden and fast, but somewhere along the way, I fell in love with you. I know you must hate me for saying that. I mean what kind of Mazuko could love, but I do." Crysa started to climb out of Phibrizio's lap. But his arm around her waist held like iron and he pulled her back to him.

"Where are you going?" he asked softly

"To get away, I need some air, and I don't think you want to be around a pathetic excuse for a Mazuko like myself." Phibrizio's eyes narrowed as he looked down at her.

"And what do you know about what I want?" he asked softly.

"Look Phibby I really can't handle this right now." Crysa whispered. As she turned and looked at him. Instead of seeing anger, disgust, hatred, or all three. She saw warm, sadness, and the thing she had never expected to see in those green-blue depths; love. Crysandra's face just crumpled and she buried her head in Phibrizio's shoulder. "Why are you so blasted perfect?" she sniffled.

"My love, I am far from perfect." Phibrizio whispered as he kissed Crysa softly. "But I don't think being in love makes you a terrible Mazuko, because you would have to count me in that category too." Phibrizio smiled slightly, his eyes open and warm. "And before you ask, I do love you Crysandra. How could I not?" Crysa threw her arms around Phibrizio's neck, her hair that had long ago falling down form it's restraints shielding her face. Phibrizio lightly brushed Crysa's hair from her face with an odd smile upon his face. One of wonderment and relief.

"What?" Crysa asked confused.

"Nothing, I just feel...."

"....happier, unburdened, complete." Crysa finished.

"Yes." Phibrizio whispered. As he shifted Crysa so that she was nestled in his lap. He then closed his eyes and simply allowed himself to revel in this one absolutely perfect moment.

"What are you thinking about?" Crysa asked.

"That things are so perfect, it saddens me because I know that this moment is fleeting and like the night, if will be burned away by the sun." Phibrizio admitted. Crysa grinned with a distinctly hungry look in her eyes as she climbed to her feet. She held out her hand, and Phibrizio with a quizzical expression accepted her hand and she lead him towards the large, bed set about a low crystal dais. "What are you doing?" Phibrizio asked as Crysa pushed him onto the bed.

"Making this night more perfect." Crysa said with a smile that resembled a leer.


Phibrizio held Crysa tenderly as they lay curled up under the ice blue silken sheets of the bed. The Hellmaster lightly ran his fingers up and down Crysa's arm in a gentle soothing motion. Crysa sighed in her sleep and burrowed deeper under the covers. Phibrizio smiled slightly and buried his face in Crysa's silver tresses. He did love the scent of her hair. Phibrizio sighed softly and stared down at Crysandra's sleeping face. Her pale, almost translucent skin, that was as soft as a flower petal. Her long, sooty, black lashes that masked her beautiful eyes. Her full lips were parted slightly in sleep as she deeply drew in breath. Phibrizio sighed and gently brushed his lips across Crysa's cheekbone. The Mazuko stirred but didn't awaken. Phibrizio slowly crawled out of bed, and pulled on his clothing. He phazed to his apartments and drew Crysa's necklace from his pocket and put it on. Then the Hellmaster swiftly cleared his schedule then phazed back to Crysa's little haven. He stared down at Crysa, in her sleep, Crysa had clutched the silken sheets looking for him. Phibrizio grinned slightly evilly as an idea came to him. He knelt next to Crysa and began to kiss her softly. The barest of touches across her temple, down her cheek. And finally to her lips. Crysa stirred but still didn't awaken. Phibrizio ran the pad of his thump across her lip and she simply smiled lost in her dreams. The Hellmaster kissed her once more, this time lightly tracing her lip with his tongue. With a start, Crysa woke up and found herself staring into Phibrizio's twinkling green-blue eyes. Crysa yawn and stretched like cat and smiled sleepily at the Hellmaster.

"Phibby, come back to bed." Crysa muttered as she jerked Phibrizio into her arms. The Hellmaster laughed as he relaxed and began to enjoy his first day off ever.


Life settled into a loose routine after that. Crysa would fulfil all her duties for Dynast but she mostly stayed at Phibrizio's. A year swiftly flew by, and the aniversery of the day Crysa had snuck up on Phibrizio and stolen a kiss came. Without her realizing it, Dynast had a very special assignment for Crysandra prepared....very special indeed. Crysa phazed into the cold anteroom of Dynast's castle and looked at the Mazuko Lord.

"You sent for me Lord Dynast?" Crysa asked. Dynast smiled.

"Everyone leave us." he murmured and the room was deserted. Dynast stood up and approuched Crysa slowly. The silver haired Mazuko stood her ground. "I have a special assignment for you Crysa." Dynast murmured softly.

"What is it my lord?" Crysa asked

"I want you to demoralize and kill someone."

"How would I do that my lord?" Crysa asked the blood pounding in her ears.

"I think, changing him into a child would break him."

"And who is this man Dynast?" Crysa asked and Dynast smiled a cold, twisted smile.

"The Hellmaster Phibrizio of course." Crysa felt her stomach bottom out. "I understand tonight it has been one year since you met, yes this night would be perfect." Dynast smiled indulgently at Crysa. "You didn't really expect me to allow Phibrizio to get away with what he did, did you? That I would allow you, my little slut, to go cavorting off?" Crysa closed her eyes and Dynast sipped at the despair flooding form her. "Did you delude yourself into believing you could love him and that he could love you?" Dynast laughed coldly. "Oh my dear, stupid slut. I was simply using you to get to Phibrizio. I want to see you hurt. I am a Mazuko, not a pathetic, deluded version like yourself."

"NEVER!!!!!!!" Crysa screamed. "I will never do that! You can kill me Dynast, but I will never do that to him." Crysa hissed. "Never." Dynast laughed.

"Like you have a choice in the matter?" Dynast chanted a spell and snapped his fingers. Crysa cried out and fell to her knees as Dynast's spell took over her body. "Now who has the say in this?" Dynast asked? Crysa whimpered and fought against him. "Hardly little slut, hardly." Dynats doubled his spell and a blank, dead look appeared in her once sparkling eyes. Dynast laughed at his newest puppet and phazed her to Phibrizio's palace. The Hellmaster smiled at Crysa.

"Hi, are you alright?" Phibrizio's brow creased in worry.

"Yes I am fine." Crysa murmured as she kissed him. The Hellmaster nodded the two sat down for a quiet evening at 'home'. Once dinner was over, Phibrizio lead Crysa to his study and they sat and talked for a few more hours.

"Are you sure you are okay love?"

"Yes Phibrizio I am." Crysa said. "No I take that back, let's go to bed."

"Huh?" The Hellmaster asked. Crysa grinned impishly and pulled him to his feet.

"Bed, a place you can sleep or you can have fun on. Which do you prefer to do?" Phibrizio blinked and Crysa phazed them to the bedroom she and Phibrizio shared. Crysa helped the Hellmaster undress and then pulled off her own dress. She and Phibrizio retired to their bed. And in the midst of their passion, the Hellmaster didn't notice the spell Dynast was weaving thought Crysa until it was too late. Crysa with tears running down her cheeks cast the spell. The Hellmaster screamed as pain like he had never felt ripped through his body. His scream rose and became thinner until it was that of a child's. Phibrizio snarled, his eyes blazing with absolute rage and hatred. Crysa held the dagger over his heart, but she couldn't do it. Even with the entire will of Dynast behind the spell, in the end, it was her heart that won out.

"You bitch, you were stringing me along!" Phibrizio cried, his voice and body appearing to be that of a nine year old child. Phibrizio clothed himself and called for his guards. They took the sobbing and unresisting Crysa tot he torture chambers. "Kill her slowly, make her feel the pain for a long time." Phibrizio snarled. Throughout the night and the next day. A lesser Mazuko finally alerted him to Crysa's condition; dying. The Hellmaster walked down the stair to the torture chamber, the longest walk in his entire existance. He finally reached the door and heard Crysa' whimper slightly in pain. He steeled his resolve and walked in.

"As a Mazuko it is my right to end the one who betrayed me." Phibrizio said, his voice like ice. He formed a magickal blade and Crysa dimly stared up at him with teardrops clinging to her sooty, black lashes like dew. Phibrizio brought the knife down, plunging it into Crysa's heart. Blood coursed from her chest and a tiny trickle of the crimson liquid trickled down her chin.

"I love you...." Crysa whispered as the light faded from her eyes and her mind opened completely in death. Phibrizio saw what Dynast had down and his inhuman howl echoed through palace.

"What have I done?" The Hellmaster sobbed as he clutched Crysa's body to him much like a broken rag doll. "Oh L-sama, what have I done?"

"You have broken the most sacred of vows, the vows you made to your heart." A cold female voice filled his mind. "And for that you must be punished. You shall remain in this form she gave you, that of a child. And for one who acted so childishly, it is apt indeed" the voice faded from Phibrizio's mind and he cradled Crysa to him as he phazed, to the cold, dank land of Dynast. Phibrizio appeared in the center of Dynast's anteroom. He threw Crysa's dead and broken body before Dynast's feet.

"From this moment forward, I will no rest until her death is avenged. I will destroy this world and you with it. Let the entire world feel my pain." Phibrizio screamed, his eyes bleak and crazed. "But this I swear to you Grausheera Dynast! You will never leave your lands again!" Phibrizio swiftly cast a spell sealing Dynast within his own lands. He then raised a barrier around the Outlands as it was called. Once this was down, the Hellmaster phazed back to his room, alone, and cried for the first time ever. The last' first time' he ever experienced


Phibrizio opened his eyes painfully.

"It, wasn't her fault. Oh Shabrinigdo-sama, I killed her and it wasn't her fault." Phibrizio softly sobbed as the power ran though his body. "Crysa forgive me please, I blamed you when I was the one responsible for your death.....and Dynast." Phibrizio's eyes glowed with power as he used the last bit of his power to reinforce the shield around Dynast so that it stood even after his death. Phibrizio felt the Barrier crumble but he didn't care anymore. L-sama crushed him with his power and with his dying breath he murmured something, only she herself could hear. "Crysa I'm coming, please forgive me." The blond haired Goddess froze, about to consecrate the Hellmaster's soul to the Oblivion. Instead with a slight smile she allowed is now freed soul to join that of the one he loved on the Otherside.


The tall black haired man stood staring over the edge of a cliff. He had no idea why L-sama had sent him here, to this place that could be considered heaven, except he was alone.

"Her final punishment, to put me in this paradise with out the one thing I truly ever loved, with out her." Phibrizio murmured softly his face sad, his eyes bleak, and lifeless.

"And who says she left you here alone?" Phibrizio whiled around to find himself eye-level to a pair of twinkling dark slate blue eyes.

"Crysa." Phibrizio asked not quite believing his eyes.

"You got it Phibby." Crysa grinned. "Like death would split us apart?"

"But I killed you, I am so....horrible." The Hellmaster whispered.

"I forgave you then and I forgive you now." Crysandra murmured as she gently kissed him. Phibrizio closed his eyes lest his tears of joy and relief betray him. "I still love you Phibby."

"Baka, I don't deserve your love." Phibrizio muttered as he hessitantly pulled her to him.

"I know, but hey sometimes a girl has to lower her standards." Phibrizio froze, completely taken aback. Crysa grinned and Phibrizio shook his head. "Got you once again Phibby." Crysa laughed.

"Must you call me Phibby?" Phibrizio asked. Crysa lifted a brow and smiled slowly.

"Yes, you are my Phibby. Besides Phibrizio is so....cold, such a cold name. And you aren't cold anymore." Phibrizio thought about this and nodded.

"Yeah I guess I'm not am I." he murmured as he gently laid his hand against Crysa's cheek gently cupping. "And I have you to thank for that my love." Crysa beamed as she soundly kissed him.

"Phibby shut up, I got a place to show you." Crysa said with a almost leer. Phibrizio true to nature blushed and Crysa's silver, tinkling, laughter filled the air. "You are mine." He said fiercely as she hugged the former Hellmaster tightly.

"Just as you are mine." Phibrizio whispered as all the chains around his heart that tied him to this past melted away and his thoughts were preoccupied with thoughts of their future together.


Fanfiction