Chapter 2


Lina wasn't really happy to see Xelloss, She didn't know as considering his apparition but she knew that trying to chase him away was useless: "What are you doing here Xelloss?... No wait, let me guess! Sore wa Himitsu des!"

"That's right Lina-chan!"

She growled: "let's eat then let's go!"

The mazoku priest smiled: "Where are you going?"

She smiled with arrogance: "Sore wa himitsu des!"

Xelloss laughed: "This is funny!"

Amelia observed the scene with a frown, she wasn't hungry, she wanted only leave that forest, it dreaded her and she didn't know why! Even Zel seemed jumpier than usual...


They were together again, Xelas spoke: "I didn't think they would have looked for the temple so soon!"

Phibrizio smiled: "everything is going as foreseen!"

But Gharv snickered: "Why, do you think she's going to accept her role?"

The Hellmaster glared him coldly: "Has she a choice? No!"

The other mazoku lords looked up the sky. They bitched ever from when they were been resurrected.


They were travelling along a narrow path when Zel gave the halt: "I've heard a noise!"

Lina stopped and watched him raged: "We're in a forest. It would be strange if you didn't hear noises!"

Amelia put herself in a defense stance: "It's strange."

Lina was going to remark that she didn't need of an echo when even she noted the strange silence of the forest. She was able to her their breath but the forest was silent, it seemed...

"Lifeless. This forest seems lifeless!" Gourry echoed her thoughts.

She smiled weakly but she was in defense as everyone in the group, Xelloss was vanished: "as usual!" she growled.

Then some lesser mazoku attacked and they didn't have any more time for the words...


"RA TILT!" the last demon was destroyed from the spell of Zelgadiss

Gourry hadn't put away the sword and he watched the zone around them ready to fight if other creatures arrived.

Amelia smiled: "They're finished but they weren't lesser demons! They weren't able to be it! They were too much powerful."

Zel sighed: "unfortunately there is another possibility..."

She watched him pleadingly: "You don't think what I think you're thinking."

He nodded depressed: "The temple really exists!"

"Then they could be already resurrected!"

Lina trembled then she turned towards her friends with a huge smile: "Don't worry! Forget you who I'm! I'm the supreme genius sorceress Lina Inverse. If I won them once, I'll win them again!"

Then she almost ran towards the temple and Gourry followed her, even Zel was going to run when Amelia stopped him: "let them alone!"

"Why? We could run dangers if we separate ourselves!"

"The temple is near. They will not enter without us and they need of some time alone with eachother!"

"What have you?"

"I'm afraid. I'm more afraid than in my entire life and I don't know why... I want only run away, forget this research... even though an action as this is against the justice code!"

"Nobody of us will think bad of you if you'll flee!"

She hugged him in despaired search of safety. It was a very strange action for a brave girl as her but he returned the embrace and whispered: "I'll protect you ever."

She smiled: "I'll protect you ever, too!"

Then they joined to the others in front of the temple.


Not very distant from them other two persons were having a little talk: "Gourry..."

The swordsman turned towards her: "Yeah"

"Lina blushed slightly: "Will you be ever my protector?"

He patted her head smiling: "Sure!"

She smiled too and turned for another time and in front of them a temple appeared and they were breathless...

A complete black building: On the roof there was a child statue. He seemed a black young angel but it portrayed Phibrizio. Every side on the corner had a big animal to protect it: a wolf, a dolphin, a dragon and a strange creature that they didn't know.

Zel spoke: "For you they were suggesting the idea that the dark lords protect this place?"

Amelia trembled: "If that wasn't their idea he made a very good job to hide it... it seems familiar..."

Lina posed a hand on her shoulder: "Don't worry Amelia. They're only statues!"

"Yes... Only statues!"

Everybody went near the temple to discover a way to open the huge portal when a black ray struck Amelia.


Chapter 3   |   Fanfiction