Sacrifice


Notes

Me: Well, I'm happy to see you

Amelia: You are cruel *_*

Xelloss: I love her for this ^_^

Zel: It's a too much cruel solution. Does it really exists?

Minna: sweatdrops

Xelloss: Sore wa himitsu des ^_^

Me: Enjoy yourself ^_^

Webmaster Notes

navy = flashbacks

green = Amelia's side


Zelgadiss was just travelling when he listened in a little village of the Saylun's princess disappearance; some voices said some bandit killed her, others spoke about a kidnapping.

He decided to go to Saylun discovering the truth and to revenge her, if necessary: he was true, he didn't love her as a boyfriend but she was his best friend and the only person that knew his feeling for Lina.

He had escorted Amelia to Saylun then said:

"Well, I must go!"

"Must you go already?" the sad blue eyes of Amelia pleading with him answering no.

He nodded asking himself for the millionth times why he didn't love her and finding the answer in a pair of ruby eyes that shined only for Gourry.

"Amelia, I want return human and I can't do this here!"

"Can I come with you?"

He shook his head: "You are human!"

She watched him questioningly.

"The places where I want go are not friendly for humans and you have a kingdom that waits you!"

"Zel, I can desert Saylun for you!"

"Don't say that this for trick neither!" he shook her: "It would be an useless sacrifice, I don't love you!"

Her eyes looked him hopeless and whispered: "She doesn't love you"

He nodded bluntly and left but he heard her last words: "Zel, I'll look for your cure! I promise! Good bye!"

While he ran towards Saylun, his mind continued to think She's not dead, she can't be dead, I don't want she's dead. Suddenly he noted he was crying for the first time after many years, I feel so bad, maybe if I had been there she would be save. No she's save! She's not dead! Have you understood Zelgadiss Greywers!? She's not dead!

"Zelgadiss" a known voice diverted his thoughts because from behind a tree was appeared Amelia

He was relieved but shocked: "I've heard you were dead!"

Amelia smiled but it didn't arrive to her eyes: "I've found your cure, Zel!"

"WHAT?"

"I went away from Saylun looking for your cure and I've found. I would my father forgave me but I hope too much!"

Zel felt she had deceived him in something but he didn't understand where. He was amazed for her changes, she seemed calm and collected and not cheerful and bright, can a person change so much in a year?

"Zel, do you want your cure?"

He closed his alarm senses that spoke about a danger, she was his best friend and she wouldn't have ever betrayed him, he nodded.

Amelia sighed a brief second: "Do you accept it as love's gift?"

He flinched: "Amelia... you are my best friend but I don't love you"

Amelia smiled slightly then he chanted a long litany that he didn't understood and some white ray departed from her towards him. Where the rays touched his skin returned soft but he fainted before to see the complete spell effects.

When he woke up in a bedroom and he was fully human. His eyes sparkled with joy now I can try to win the Lina's heart but before I want thank Amelia. He dressed and rush out of the room discovering to be in an inn but he didn't see her in any place so asked to the innkeeper to know her room: "I'm sorry but I've not any client with this description!"

Zel snapped: "But it's not possible, Only that girl can have put me here!"

The man sweatdroped but smiled: "Well, It's possible! I didn't see the person that took in you. He or she let some money for the bedroom and the breakfast." Zel was going to help the breakfast when he noted to be hungry, very hungry and decided to eat.

Fourth plates later he went out looking for her but he understood very soon that she hadn't let any trace in the village. It's better if I abandon for the moment but I've a bad feeling. I don't know the cause but I've the impression that the cure was worse than the curse.


Amelia was in the forest where she had cured him, it hadn't been difficult transport Zel to an inn without nobody saw her. She went to the pond, sighed and observed her: She was small still and her eyes was ever clear blue, but her hairs was became dark blue, hard as needles and the rocks covered her skin, now.

An amused voice interrupted her inspection: "My spell has worked, My little Amelia!"

She pouted noting the second emphatized "my": "Yes, Xelloss! It has worked how did you say it worked!"

He appeared in front of her, floating on the pond: "you are a really loveable chimera!"

"Why did you do me that offer?"

He smiled and reached out a hand brushing her face: "Because now you are strong, powerful and mine" and I've extinguished your light, so powerful that wounded, he added in his mind.

"Hi Amelia"

She turned and saw Xelloss: "Hi, what are you doing, here?"

He smiled: "I'm come to see a friend."

"Yeah, and I believe too"

He pouted: "You have been too much time with Lina, do you know this?"

Amelia pointed: "A true justice paladin doesn't believe to a... trickster creature as you!"

The Xelloss' smile reappeared: "Oh, a true justice paladin doesn't do many thing! She doesn't travel with the mazokus, she doesn't love a part mazoku that love another person, she haven't pacts with mazoku, My little Amelia."

She looked him surprised than raged: "I wasn't able let the group only because you are there, Zel hasn't fault if he's part mazoku. I haven't and will not have pacts with the mazoku and OVERALL I'm not YOURS!

He cocked his head: "Are you sure?

She didn't falter more than an instant before to nod.

"Are you sure if I say I've the Zel's cure and I'm wishing divide this knowledge with you, too?"

"WHAT? Where is the trick?"

"Oh, don't worry, the trick exists!" He opened his eyes and Amelia involuntarily flinched: "If you want the cure, you must accept two things: one chained to me, one chained to the spell"

She wanted escape but she hadn't luck finding the cure and he was able to be her last chance: "Can you be more precise?"

"Oh, are you interested, My little princess?" He waited for an answer.

After an eternity she nodded, he laughed: "It's so simple convince you to abandon your principles. Well, the spell will transfer the curse from him to you. After you use the spell, you are mine! Do you agree?"

Amelia cringed if it's the only possibility but I will look for other choices, after all if I don't use the spell...: "I agree"

He laughed again: "This is the spell, good luck!" then disappeared letting on the ground a small book.

Her eyes became sadder as she remembered her unholy pact. She had looked for other ways but without success.

"Oh I know! You hoped to find another solution and don't use that spell!" Xelloss floated down next to her.

She raged: "Have you red in my thoughts? Stop now!"

His arms encircled her and his face went near hers: "You don't have any right to give orders to me, My cute chimera. You are mine!" then he kissed her

She tried to struggle but he was far stronger than her and while the kiss deepened felt Xelloss in her mind ...I'm really curious to know what would do your father if he'd know you are not dead...

...You will not really say him, I plead with you...

...Don't worry, I think it's better for me if he thinks you are dead. Your father is unfortunately one of those persons that think if there is the life, there is the hope.. But I'll say to Zel the price of his cure. I'm sure his face will be priceless...

...Why are you so cruel with us?...

The mental smirk of the priest did her quivering.

...I'm the General-priest of Greater Beast Xelas Metallium and be sure, I've not had that title for my goodness...

...Please, let Zel alone...

...I make my best. I've divided you from him, well we can pass to more important stuffs now.

He had her body and her soul letting her heart. When he finished she was crying but he smiled smug: "well, stand up! We have a meeting with our dear friend Zel".

She obeyed but begged: "Please, let Zel alone!"

Xelloss took her and teleported on a street. Amelia saw a man in distance and she remembered suddenly to be naked but She hadn't clothes with her and Xelloss didn't loose his grasp on her. The man went nearer.

She whispered: "Zelgadiss..."

Zel posed a hand on his sword and shouted: "Xelloss!" then he noted her. He seemed surprised, Xelloss smiled: "Hi Zel, How are you? I'm very well. Do you remember Amelia? She's become so cute, don't you think?"

Zel attacked him: "What have you done to her, cursed mazoku?

The Xelloss' smile deepened: "Nothing, she chose".

He stopped dumbfounded and glanced her to look away after a second blushing, then he passed her a cape where she wrapped gratefully but she wasn't able speak.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean your cure. She has used a powerful transfer spell and your curse is gone on her. Well, I'll let you alone. Ah Amelia, you are mine! Don't look for others partner and come to Wolf Pack Island in ten days! Bye!", He disappeared.

"Wait Xelloss, that island is two weeks distant!"

His voice echoed: "Oh my! It's better if you run, I guess!"

Zel observed the last change astonished. He didn't understand what Xelloss said. He didn't want understand what Xelloss said.

"Amelia, it's a nightmare, have I guessed?"

"No, you are free, Zel! If you don't want make happy Xelloss, you must be happy and don't think about me."

"I can't do this. My cure didn't value so much and I was wrong, I don't love Lina."

Amelia interrupted him: "I must go, farewell!" then she ran away

Zel whispered: "I love you" but She owned to Xelloss for his fault. She was cursed, for his fault. And he wasn't able to save her, neither. Xelloss was too much powerful for a human as him.

Zel cried. He wanted be human don't being alone and he was alone because he's become human thank to Xelloss.


Fanfiction