Part 2


Amelia woke up in her bed alone. She felt fairly silly, she had permitted to a mazoku to seduce her, because Valgharv surely didn't love her. Maybe the only person Valgharv loved, if between mazoku was able to be a similar feeling, was Gharv. She remembered how much he would have hated Lina and Xelloss because they killed his master. Well, maybe he worshipped him that was a slightly different situation.

"Amelia?"

She turned towards him with calm: "Yes. What must I do?"

"Come with me!" and he stopped there.

"Val?"

"What?"

"You've forgotten a little particular."

He arched a brow.

"I'm naked under the covers!"

"No problem. I've seen what there was to see."

"Why did you do the...?" she blushed unable to continue the sentence.

"... Love with you? You felt lonely, I felt lonely. It's a good way to do pass that feeling. Stand up, I don't have all the day."

Amelia knew better than disobey to a direct order so she stood up and she get dressed under the amused eyes of Valgharv, He surely knows as to do feel a woman loved and protected she thought ironic.

When she had finished she gave him her hand and they teleported to an unknown city: "Why are we here?"

"Somebody told a sage lives here but if it's true he improbably would give help to a mazoku so Gharv wants you ask him about the gem."

Amelia giggled thinking Gharv was very anxious to arrive to it if he asked to a human: "Is this the home?"

"Yes, go now!"

She complied and opened the door. There was dark inside but she was used to it: "Anybody is here?"

A magical light appeared to some meters distant and she followed it. In an empty room an old man sat down, his eyes were closed and his visage was full of peace: "Come here, my child."

She smiled: "I'm here to look knowledge!"

"What do you want know?"

"Where's the dark gem and what are its powers?"

"It was built from Shabranigdo. Its power destroys the light and the humans that have it become mazoku under its power. It was buried where the day and the night are the same thing. Well you have the answer for your lord. What's your question, my little child?"

"I don't have any question, thank you very much."

"I see so much darkness around you and it's in you, now, for a part!"

"Is the darkness my destiny?"

"The light can't accept you but this doesn't mean that you can't save what's similar to you"

"I can save my other self."

"The darkness, the light they both do part of this world. Don't forget this!"

Amelia watched him puzzled than she curtsied and get away.

When she was outside the home was empty...

"Well" Valgharv was waiting.

"He told me where was the gem but he wasn't very clear."

He phased with her in a known cavern where Gharv waited: "Are you succeeded?"

She spoke: "the sage told the gem is where the darkness and the light are the same thing."

"What?!" the Dark Lord seemed raged: "Are you sure?"

She nodded, unsure about where she was able to hide herself.

"To the Hells. It's practically lost!" he started to swing his huge sword destroying almost everything in the room.

Valgharv phased with her and he came back when his lord seemed calm: "My master, I don't understand."

Gharv growled: "The gem is in the space or in the sea of chaos. It's lost for me. I've only one possibility, I must create a power base where I can survive. I must think to something, let me alone... Valgharv, train Amelia in the fighting. It will be a good thing, a day."

"Yes, my lord!" and they disappeared

"Everybody asked my opinion" was her dry thought.

They appeared in front of a blacksmith and he entered: "I want a sword for her!"

Amelia paled, she wasn't able to use weapons... she didn't want use weapons, she promised, her mom died for a sword.

The man looked worried both but he had the feeling that was better obeying than discussing so he showed him some weapons, he tried them and choose one that had a slight shadow of magic: "Who has built this?"

"A sorcerer, it works for me."

"I take it!"

"300 gold coins."

Valgharv took Amelia and he phased with her near his base: "Let's start!"

Amelia didn't think to the rob when she spoke: "I can't use this!"

"This sword is very light so I don't see your problem."

"I can't use the weapons, I swore many years ago."

"I'm sorry!" he thrown her the sword.

It fell to earth: "Take it!"

"No! Not this"

A five-point star appeared to earth under her feet then he attacked. Amelia shouted: "Levitation."

Nothing happened and than mazoku struck: "Take it!"

She shook the head, her eyes full of tears: "I can't do this as you can't love the golden dragon!"

Her pleas were hopeless: and Valgharv went near her and lifted his curse: "You've the advantage. I don't know your motives." He hugged her. Amelia felt calmer in his embrace: "When I was little, mom was killed, I saw everything, then my sister disappeared and everything changed. There was so much blood and I cried, I remember only swords and pain."

Her tale seemed confused and when she finished hugged Valgharv: "Please, please. I can't fight in that way." she was crying now.

The mazoku reflected, he was almost sure he was able persuade her to use the weapons, maybe promising her something in exchange. She had a weak spot and it was dangerous for him and for his master: "Amelia, listen, if you learn, you can ask me everything you want."

She saw her way to go out from that difficult situation: "Everything?" He nodded smirking.

"Stop with your vengeance against golden!"

The smirk disappeared from his face and he scowled.

"YOU told everything!"

"What's your interest if I stop?" he seemed raged and his embrace almost hurt now.

"You asked me to break a promise. Well I ask you the same thing!" She seemed raged too and she was trembling.

Valgharv reflected, was he able to bind her? He shook his head, that her idea seemed too much strong in her and if he obliged her she was able to betray his teachings to the first occasion. He didn't lied, she knew him fairly well to know this and she proposed something she was sure he refused...: "All right. I let alone the golden!"

Amelia felt hopeless, he was lying... no he wasn't. He was ever brutally honest in every situation so he had accepted and she was blocked: "Why?" she croaked.

He returned to smirk: "You've forgotten my first duty is obey to Gharv so my vengeance is second to him. Go to get the sword." He let her go... She went near it as it was a venom snake and she continued to tremble but she took it in her hands then she looked him.

He went near her with a scowl: "It's not a venom snake, it's a weapon! Relax yourself!"

She grimaced: "As if it was simple."

"Amelia, breath..."

She obeyed and let her mind focus on that exercise.

He finally saw her relaxing and showed only as keep the sword for that day. When they finished she was very exhausted but she kept the sword in the hilt that he put on her belt: "Why don't you teach me as fighting with that?" She was pointing to the weapon.

"Are you impatient?"

She shook her head...

"Well, you must before feeling yourself used to have a sword. It changes your balance so I'll start to teach you as use it when I see you don't trip in your feet."

"Hey! I don't trip!!!" SBONK: "Almost never!" she whispered very embarrassed, she was sure she had lost her klutziness and now she felt very raged. How was she able to fall in that silly way?

Valgharv laughed: "Don't worry. I told you. A sword changes your balance."

"SGRUNT"


Amelia was going to bed when Valgharv phased in with a wicked smile:

"Hi!"

She turned covering her breast: "hi."

"I want know if you feel a little alone."

She blushed as a tomato: "I'm too much tired to feel loneliness..."

"Are you sure?" He started to kiss her not letting her the time to answer, after some instants she answered under her breath: "Maybe not." He didn't listened her while he continued his attentions...


The training continued in the following months as their nightly activities. She was able to use the sword without tremble now and she felt a little silly because she was afraid of the weapon. She remembered a raged Valgharv told her some weeks before: "To be a person that saw so much you can be very silly. A weapon has no will. Who uses it is the only difference. It's not very different that using a fireball."

"But I can control a spell."

"If you let me you'll be able to control your weapons, too and better than a fireball!"

She returned to the present, she was alone in her bed, she knew than after their meetings Val let her alone because he hadn't need to sleep. She was confused for her feelings when she thought to the mazoku-dragon. Did she love him? She was afraid the answer was yes. Afraid because she was sure to be only a pastime for him... well maybe more but not much more.

She did what Valgharv suggested some times later his raged discussion: "When you are raged or confused train you with the sword. Attack, attack and attack again."

"To put order in them!"

"To put aside them!"

Unseen to Amelia, Valgharv was observing her, he was looking her eyes much more hard and much less innocent than the girl that was sure Gharv and him were illusions. She was grown a little bit and she was stronger but she moved with a natural grace that before didn't have.

He smirked and clapped letting his presence be noted of her: "Very well! We must go to Gharv!"

Amelia changed in seconds and gave him her hand, they phased.


Gharv was looking a scene and he ordered them silence and listen: "I'll call a mazoku much more powerful than you!"

Then a red haired sorceress cast the most powerful spell of the world and with its help, Rezo and the sword of light destroyed the mazoku god Shabranigdo.

Gharv turned her with a smirk: "What do you think?"

Her visage became emotionless: "What I must think..."

"If I'm not wrong that's the sorceress."

She nodded: "When did it happen?"

"Not much time ago. Do you want tell me the Phibrizio's plan, now?"

"He'll kill you to Kataart Mountains and while you're worried with her, he'll attack you from the back."

"So if I kill her now, I resolve many problems."

"If you are careful you can have Phibrizio killed as happened in my time."

"It seems interesting!!! Explain yourself."

"Lina will use that spell on him and he'll die after you're dead for his hand." She was pleading with him to listen her, her eyes on the stopped image of the sorceress Lina Inverse.

"My problem is my death!"

"I'm sure I can help it if you let me act as I see better..."

"Continue to train her!"

They phased out while Gharv had a thoughtful air.


Part 3   |   Fanfiction