Part 6: The Astral Plane


"Where are we?" Amelia asked, clinging closely to Zelgadiss.

"The astral plane, I believe," he said.

The other eighteen members of the cast slowly appeared.

"It's very beautiful here," Niniane said, for she had changed back into a modification of her white robes, although these were slightly less concealing than her earlier outfit. "But enough of that," she said. "Since I'm here, I think that I'll take this chance to get rid of Merlin..."

She started off to be confronted by Eris, still in her spiky outfit.

"I can't let you do that," Eris said.

"Oh, not you again," Niniane moaned. "Gawaine, Gourry, could you get rid of her for me!"

Neither Gawaine nor Gourry showed up.

"Oh, Rezo," Eris said. "Help me...Niniane's trying to do something really disloyal..."

Rezo did not appear.

"Humph," Niniane said. "I'm summoning a demon."

"And I'm going to make kopiis. So there." Eris said.

The two went off for a few moments and both returned.

"There's no kopii equipment!" Eris lamented.

"And there are not magical circles suitable for the raising of demons!" Niniane said sadly. "I guess that that means that I'll just have to fight you...if you want to that is."

"What were we fighting about?"

"I forget..."

Merlin poked Rezo and said, "I see that the dependent, absent-minded sorceresses have reunited."

"Oh, marvelous."

Meanwhile, Morgan le Fey advanced upon Sylphiel.

"You were the reason that I did not get the Grail!" she said angrily.

"Hum?" Sylphiel said.

"Stop bugging her," Lina said. "Sure she's annoying, but you wouldn't have gotten the Grail anyway."

"Oh, wouldn't I have?" Morgan said, scowling. She muttered some unintelligible syllable and sparks flew through the air.

Lina screamed, "Fireball" and Morgan was temporarily charcoaled.

"Yes, someone's toasted Morgan!" Niniane screamed ecstatically.


It was after a few days in the astral plane that Gourry (ironically enough) discovered the porthole.

"Does this funny little spot that shows pictures through it do anything?" he asked in an utterly vacant, although very cute, voice.

"You've found our way out!" Margawse said. "I could kiss you!"

"You'd do that anyway," Morgan mumbled. "Watch out, Gourry. She's probably contagious."

The people carefully climbed through the hole into Slayers world.

"Well, it will be nice visiting your people for a change," Niniane said. "Maybe I can learn kopii magic..." she grinned.

"Sure, I'd love to teach you," Eris said.

"Great!" the two walked off together.

"Just what I need...another one..." Rezo said.

"Can I try to destroy this world?" Mordred asked Xellos.

"Anytime!" Xellos said in a chipper voice. "I'll help you, too!"


Part 7   |   Fanfiction