History and Mythology


Notes

THIS CONTAIN SPOILERS. If you don't want to be spoiled, skip this section and move onto the story.


HISTORY

During the battles with the Golden Dragons, a small group of Ancient Dragons managed to escape the Holy City and cross Demon's Sea. This band of Dragons made landfall on the western continent and fled inland, desperately hiding from the Golden Dragons pursuing them. The Ancient Dragons crossed into the realm of fa'Sharn, the land of the Summoners. The leader of the Dragons appealed to the Summoner ruler and asked asylum for his people. The Summoner king agreed, asking that the Dragons serve the Summoners in exchange for their protection.

For many generations, the arrangement was an agreeable one. The Ancient Dragons were known by the Summoners as "The Faithful", and were honored by those they served. The Faithful were sworn to peace, and could touch no weapon. They served as scribes, healers, priests, artists, and various other duties.

Over several centuries, however, the servitude became slavery, and The Faithful were treated little better than animals. Slavery had been active in fa'Sharn for several generations when Valgaav found the Kingdom of fa'Sharn. Enraged to see his people in chains, Valgaav assaulted fa'Sharn to make the enslavers pay. He destroyed the castle and killed the King and Queen, but spared the young Princess, instead crowning her as the Queen.

After the fall of fa'Sharn, Valgaav led the freed slaves into the Enchanted Forest and encouraged them to settle there. He left them to return to the service of the Demon Dragon King, advising them to take up arms against the Summoners; thus setting in motion the fa'Sharn Wars.

The Summoners rebuilt their city and tried to move on. The young Queen was not yet old enough to take the throne, and her life was in constant danger. Fearing that the Queen would be killed before she matured, the remaining royal guard determined to keep the young queen among the Timeless until such a time when the Summoners would be strong again.

Slayer's CHAOTIC is set 600 years after the Fall of fa'Sharn, and about 8 months after Slayers TRY>

Histories and Mythologies of the People of fa'Sharn

MYTHOLOGY AND THEOLOGY

As every Slayers fan knows, the supreme being is the Lord of Nightmares, who created eight "children". Four gods were created: Ceipheed, Volpheed, and two other Dragon Gods (named in the fic as Maerpheed and Avapheed). The other four creations were the Dark Lords: Ruby Eye, Dark Star, Chaotic Blue, and Death Fog.

This world was ruled by Ceipheed, who fought against his "brother", Ruby Eye. Ceipheed created "children" of his own. They were the Dragon Kings, and guardians of this world in Ceipheed's absence. The Ancient Dragons belived they were created by Laguladia, the Water Dragon King, and Summoners believe they are the children of the Sky Dragon King Barluwin. Barluwin created the Summoners to be the guardians of magic, to preserve the knowledge of power.

Myths of the Land

Ancient Dragon lore contains prophecy referring to the "Troubled Times", thought to be some sort of great war. The Prophecy speaks of a chosen one, the Promised, who will deliver them from suffering.

Likewise, a Summoner legend tells of "The Worthy", a Summoner that could save all of fa'Sharn during "the dark days".

Both Summoners and Ancient Dragons have predicted the rise of people known only as "The Gifted" and "The Redeemed"

The Relics Of Baradoth

Baradoth was once a Phophet of the Sky Dragon King who created five Relics rumored to grant the wearer great power. To the Summoners the Relics were like the Holy Grail. The Relics were scattered over the world, and Baradoth disappeared. Supposedly whoever gathers all five is "The Worthy" of legend. The Relics are engraved silver bands with a diamond-shaped blue gem set in the center. The set contains a crown, necklace, belt, and two bracelets


Chapter 1   |   Fanfiction