Part One: Scare


The night was cold. Wind's icy fingers crept into Rina's bed where she lay awake with her fiancee. She shivered as a draft caught the sheets, making them pillow around her. Suppressing another shiver she looked at her red haired love and was immediately filled with an unsurpressed warmth. This man was her one and only true love and her feelings for him were stronger than even the greatest bonds.

Just as quickly as the wind had caused her to shiver, a dark feeling suddenly overtook her senses.

"Your going nuts," she exclaimed in a whisper, settling back down to sleep with a sigh and trying to ignore the nagging feeling her mind was relaying on her.

"Not really." Rina bolted into a sitting position, looking for the source of the strange and unwelcome voice. Her fiancee stirred next to her.

"Tasuki, wake up," she whispered in his ear, but he did not move. Tasuki, wake up!" her voice rose as the seconds passed and turned into minutes. He did not move. Rina shoke his shoulders just as a defined haze of bluish smoke filled a far corner of the room. The colour was eerie in the contrast of the silver moon.

"It's no use... he won't wake up until I decide." A purple haired man sat in one of the chairs around a small table, wearing a smile that could put Chichiri's mask to shame.

Taken back, Rina jumped before managing to studder, "who... Wh - who are you?"

"Sore wa himitzu desu, atleast for now, that is," His cheery voice turned slightly mischeivous as his eyes poped open and starred into the young girl's frightened blue eyes. So similiar, he thought, but so different at the same time. His Lina would have blown him to bits, or atleast had a few harsh words for his mocking.

The purple haired man walked over to the bed where Rina sat and looked down at Tasuki. Touching his head he muttered a few words under his breath and stepped back, dissapearing in the same haze he'd come from.

Tasuki awoke to the sound of Rina crying over him.

"Rina-chan, what's wrong?" he softly asked, sitting up with her in his arms. Kissing her tousled blonde hair he pulled her closer and looked into her eyes. Instead of the usual spark of wit and love, he was discouraged to discover a look of fear, sorrow, and absolute terror. Furrowing his brow, he asked again, "Rina, what happened?"

"You... you were just lying there!" she cried between sobs. "Nothing I did woke you up... nothing..."

"Silly Rina-chan. You only had a dream."

"No, NO! It was real! And there was this man with purple hair and these eyes that were unhuman! He just kept smilling like some sadistical villian who knows everything!" Rina was shacking with anger and tears.

"Rina." Tasuki pulled her back and looked into her eyes, his own glinting with concern and humor, "It was only a dream, besides, who's ever heard of a man with purple hair?"

Just then Nuriko burst into the room, long hair whipping out behind like a flag caught in the wind.

"What's going on?" he questioned, looking around the room and finding it in perfect order.

"I rest my case," Tasuki quipped causing a surpressed giggle from Rina.

"Nothing Nuriko-san, thankyou though," Rina responded smiling at her good friend. The smile was returned and Nuriko left, closing the door behind himself as he exited.

Rina snuggled closer to Tasuki as they settled back to sleep.

Jest a dream, she thought. It was just a stupid dream.


Part 2   |   Fanfiction