The Famous or Infamous Balcony Scene of Zel-Lina


Yet Another Chat with the Author and the Stars

Me(happy-go-lucky director ^_^): Hm..everything should be ready now for one of the most romantic scenes of Romeo & Juliet. Zel, any words of advice I should follow at this point?

Zel: Not any I can think of right now. Excuse me. (He runs off toward the bathroom and you can hear him spewing out last night's dinner.He comes back paler then he usually is.)

Me: How cute!! You're nervous, that's alright deary, even the best of them get stage fright.

Xellos: How true.

Me: I could've sworn you weren't in the script today. Oh well, you can be my assistant today. ^_^ Remember, you assist me not the other way around.

Xellos: Righty O

Me: Lina! It's time! If your not here in 5 minutes I'm turning Xellos loose to find you!

Xellos: Ooh how fun! ^_^

Ameria(racing out from the shadows): If Miss Lina doesn't come can I stand in for her? (Zelgadis scowls as Ameria clings on him yet again.)

Lina: AMERIA!!! (She walks into the studio with what's left of a few ropes around her waist.) How dare you tie me up and leave me in the janitor's closet! (Everyone looks at Ameria, but she is long gone. Apparently she ran when she first saw Lina. Which I must say is a smart thing to do.)

Me: Well Lina, at least you showed up. Looks like we didn't need to send you out Xellos. (He frowns but smiles again) Anyway places everyone! Lights, cameras..

Xellos: Action! ^_^

Me:.. ¬.¬;


The director steps forth. "It was still the very night of the party. Romeo was hit with the stark realization that Juliet was a Capulet. He ditches his friends and wonders into the garden of the Capulets and stares straight at a balcony without even knowing it was truly Juliet's window. And so we begin."

"He jests at scars that never felt a wound." Romeo takes a breath. "But, soft! What light through yonder window breaks? It is the east, and Juliet is the sun! Arise, fair sun, and kill the envious moon, who is already sick and pale with grief, that thou her maid and far more fair than she: Be not her maid, since she is envious;" Zelgadis took another deep breath. He could feel Ameria in the bushes, watching him. "Freeze Arrow" He silently chanted and flung one at Ameria, who was hit by it.(Yay!) She ran off healing herself muttering profanities and wondering why in the world her darling Zelgadis hit her with a freeze arrow. Lina walks out on the balcony to see what the noise was about. Realizing she was in the middle of the performance she recited her lines.

"Ah me!" She sighed.

"Oh speak again bright angel! for thou art as glorious to this night, being o'er my head, as is a winged messenger of heaven.." Romeo closed his eyes. Xellos ran into the scene and did a little showdance ditty. The now irritated director angrily dragged him out kicking in screaming as Zel and Lina did a face fault. (Really killed the mood, he did.)

"Oh Romeo, Romeo! Wherefore art thou Romeo? Deny thy father and refuse thy name. Or if thou not sworn my love, and I'll no longer be a Capulet." Juliet leaned on the balcony with a little bandage stuck to her forehead. Romeo was silently listening. Shall I hear more, or shall I speak at this? he thought.

"Tis but a name that is my enemy; Thou art theyself though, not a Montague. What's a Montague? It is nor hand, nor foot, nor arm, nor face, nor any other part belonging to a man. O, be some other name! What's in a name? that which we call a rose, by any other name is would be as sweet."

"Not if they were called 'stink blossoms'." Gourry smirked as he waltzed through the set. "Hey Lina, how come you're wearing that dress? You don't have the breasts to fill it up."

"I agree with that comment wholeheartedly! O ho ho ho ho!" Naga jumped onto the railing of the balcony. Lina was very irritated now, not to even mention the director. Why were all these people trying to steal the scene?

"Mega Brando!" Lina shouted. Goury and Naga were hit with the spell and were knocked unconscious as Xellos came out wearing a Marlon Brando costume from the Island of Dr. Moerou (?!I'm sure I spelt that wrong.) complete with Brando's little helper. The director grabbed all the scene stealers all kicking and screaming out of the set and commenced the scene to resume and to hurry before anyone else wanted to interrupt again.

"I take thee word: Call me but love, and I'll be new baptiz'd. Henceforth I never will be Romeo." Zelgadis broke in. His blue skin was getting even more paler by the minute. (Ah! Ikenai taoreruna Zel-kun!)

"What man art thou, that, thus bescreen'd in night, so stumblest on my counsel?" Lina snapped angrily. Zel's knees began to give way.

"Juliet, I love you. would you marry me?" Zel was about to faint and was very determined to at least finish the scene.

"Sure. What time are you going to give me word that you'll come and pick me up?" Lina said as she noticed he was fainting.

"At the hour of nine." He replied at least trying to sneak a few of Shakespeare's original lines.

"Alright. I have to go then. Good night. Good Night! Parting is such sweet sorrow, that I shall say goodnight till it be morrow." Romeo, even though in his fragile state, leaped on to the balcony to a surprised Juliet. He kisses her and leaps off.

"Sleep dwell upon thine eyes, peace in thy breast!" He whispered as he started to walk away. Gourry was about to add to that, when the director shot him the most dirtiest look. He remained quiet. "Would I were sleep and peace, so sweet to rest! Hence will I to my ghostly father's cell, his help to crave my dear hap to tell." Romeo cast a longing look to Juliet and exited as soon as the light for the cameras went off everyone started to clap. Everyone except a jealous Ameria and a shocked Lina.

"Well that's a wrap for today!" The director smiled. "As for you," She turned toward the scene stealers. "Because of your actions, I will not only dock your pay, but make you clean the port-o-pottys as well. I expect it to be spotless!" She waved toward Ameria. "You get to clean the set!" Alright everyone else, Let's go home! I expect this little outburst not to happen again."

"Um *****?"

"Yes, Xellos?" The director turned around.

"Will my pay be docked too?" He smiled.

"Yes it will. I'll dock it very well. It's your punishment."

"But you don't pay me money." He smiled.

"I pay you with the leftovers of the food truck. Geez. It means I pay you one less bagel! You're trying to make it sound all dirty." She frowned. "Now go clean the toilets." She waltzed off to catch up with her crew as Lina still stood shocked at what happened.

Does Zel like me? Lina's eyes got pretty big. She blushed and walked off the set as Ameria was dusting off the set. Gourry and Naga wore rubber gloves and were scrubbing away at the toilets. Naga apparently didn't ventilate the room as directed on the package of cleanser and was now fantasizing about Mr. Clean. Xellos wore a clean suit and walked through the port-o-potty and it was cleaned. He turned around to see a fairly large man (I'd call him fat or horizontally challenged) running into the john he just cleaned. He sighs and puts on a gas mask and waits for the man to finish. You wonder where Zel is? He's resting in his dressing room. Poor guy can't even believe what he did. He's also wondering why Juliet didn't fireball him.

Does Lina like me? He brushed his violet hair from his eyes. She can't possibly, I'm too.. He closed his eyes and went to sleep.


Notes

And so another chapter is goes by with the help of the scene-stealers. They totally killed the mood didn't they? Will the star-crossed lovers finally be able to be together? Find out in the Next chapter of our tale: Marriage Plans and the Return of Rezo! ^_^


Part 4   |   Fanfiction