Chapter 1


Lina, Gourry, Zelgadis, Ameria, Lina, AND Xellos all walked down the road, as they headed for they're next destination.

Lina sighed, and remembered the previous night's events. Xellos had come to her, and had requested she help him defeat some darklord dude. He had been giving some Mazoku a hard time, what she didn't know, she just knew he came to her for help. He wanted her to come and help destroy him, she had asked him why he needed her help, but he simply said his usual line, "That is a secret!"

"Hey Lina," Goury started, "Why are we helping Xellos again?"

"Because," Lina replied, "This guy were gonna fight is suppose to have lots and lots of gold that is ours if we destroy him."

"But Miss Lina!" Ameria cried, "I thought we were going to do this so that justice would prevail, and..and..."

"You actually thought that?" Xellos asked, floating overhead of Amelia and Zelgadis.

"Well," Ameria replied, and tightened her grip on Zelgadis' arm, "No."

"Then why did you ask?" Zelgadis sighed, knowing he was gonna regret asking.

"Oh, just wanted to make casual conversation."

"Serves me right." Zelgadis mumbled.


"I'm sooo tired!" Lina whined, "When are we gonna stop and get some sleep!"

"Yeah, I'm tired too!" Gourry yawned, in an equally whiny voice.

"I thought you said we were gonna walk the whole way nonstop," Zel sighed, "That we were gonna get this done before lunch."

"Well," Lina replied, "I didn't know it was gonna take us sooooo long to get there!"

Lina shot a glare at Xellos, who just smiled back.

"Lina, can we stop here and sleep?" Gourry cried, "I need my beauty sleep!"

"Yeah, that's a great idea!" Lina yawned, then crashed to the ground, and fell asleep. Gourry did the same.

"I'll go on watch," Zel said, and walked away.

Ameria decided she might as well set up a fire or something, so she walked into the woods and started looking for some firewood.

"Well," Xellso mused as Ameria ran into the woods, "I might as well go with her, if anything happened, to her Lina might wanna bring her back home or something, and L-sama's plan will be ruined."


"It sure is scary walknig alone in the woods." Ameria whimpered, as she walked deeper and deeper into the forest, looking for appropriate firewood. when she thought she had found enough,she turned to go back, then realized something, she didn't know which way was back!

"Aw man!" she cried, and dropped the wood, which just happened to fall on her feet, nearly crushing her toes.

"YOWIES!!!!" she cried,then whimpered, "That hurt."

Suddenly, she heard a voice whispering her name.

"Ameria," it snarled, "I've come to eat you!, Ameria!"

"Waah!!!" she cried, "I'm too young to die, somebody help me! Miss Lina, Mister Gourry, anyone!?"

"You're too easily afraid," the voice said, and walked up to her.

Ameria looked up, and Xellos was standing there, snickering at her.

"That wasn't fuuny!" she screamed, "You insensitive enemy against justice!"

Snarling, she pulled her arm back, then shot it forward at Xellos' face.

POW!

Xellos stood there dumbfounded, then touched his face.

"Oh!" Ameria cried, "Im sorry! I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I soooooooo sorry!"

To Ameria's great surprise, Xellos began to chuckle, "Nice shot princess."

"It's not funny!" Ameria cried, "I just hurt you! I mean, you don't like pain, do you?"

"That is a secret," he snickered.

Ameria sighed, then pulled her hand up to his face.

"What are you doing?" he asked.

"Healing you," she grumbled, "You deserved what you got, but I just can't leave you hurt."

She then picked up the firewood, "C'mon," she said, "We better get back."

As she and Xellos walked, well, she was walking, he was floating gin the air beside her, he asked, "So, what do you see in Mr. Rocky Man anyway?"

She blushed, "Isn't it obvious!? He has a good heart!"

Xellos looked at her, and surprisingly, he was confused, "You honestly believe he has any good in him at all? If so, you're not as bright as I thought you were. He cares about nothing but getting cured."

Ameria stared at him a minute, then said, "Yes, I do. Everyone had good in them."

"What about me?" Xellos smirked.

"Sure," Ameria replied, "Everyone has goodness in them, even an against justice Mazoku like you."

Xellos stared at her dumbfounded, "But...."

He was interrupted by a large growl.


Xellos sighed, and carried Ameria back to camp.

She had been injured a couple minutes before.

When they were talking, a group of demon wolves had attacked them, for fun, he decided to see what she would do. He fed off her fear, and what fear it was. Sh knew he was doing it as well, he knew it, but kept right on nourishing himself until he he had enough.

Ameria was having a hard time with these animals, and kept screaming at Xellos to help her, but, he didn't, he decided he'd help when absolutely necessary.

Xellos had decided to go over the plans again in his mind, so he didn't notice one of the hairy demons come behind him. Just as it was about to pounce onto him, Ameria had yelled for him to watch out, when he turned, he saw it coming towards him, then Ameria ran in front of him, and the thing fell on her.

Just as it was about to tear the flesh off of her neck, Xellos recovered from shock, and decided enough was enough. He disposed of the wolves (I'm not gonna tell how, way to gruesome), then walked over to a barely conscious Ameria. Though she had not been clawed much or anything, she had bumped her head on a rock when the monster had pounced her. She had expected it to kill her immediately, but thankfully, Xellos saved her.

"I never noticed how deep in the woods we got," he said to Ameria, who was leaning on his chest while he carried her.

"My head!" Ameria moaned, "that hurt!"

"Well, you shouldn't have saved me like that," Xellos said.

"You are so ungrateful!" Ameria spat back, raising her head "I mean, you could have been killed!"

"Wrong," Xellos replied, grinning, "I would have healed up or something, you would have just died."

Ameria sighed, then leaned back against his chest.

"Why did you try and save me anyway?" Xellos asked,looking down at her.

"Cause I thought you were gonna get hurt." Ameria yawned.

"But I didn't even raise a finger to help you when you were in trouble, why help me?"

"You would have saved me in the end, anyway, you're my friend, even if you're an evil Mazoku against justice and good, you're still my friend. and I care for you." She smiled at him, then fell asleep

"Friend?" Xellso thought, as he reached where Lina and Gourry were snoozing away, "She considers me a friend? Sure I would have saved her, but only cause her death would have caused trouble for me. And she care for me? This girl is very confusing."


"Strange," Xellos mused to himself, as he gazed at Ameria, who was sleeping,"I scare her out of her wits, I don't even think about her during the attack, then she saves me, and says we're friends?"

Xellos opened his eyes (Yep, his eyes are OPEN) and peered at her, confused.

"Well," he thought, "Maybe I shouldn't be surprised, she is rather pure and innocent, I guess. But, There's a lot of stuff you notice right away."

"My hearts been racing ever since she said we were fiends, and smiled at me like that. She looked rather cute when she gave that look. Cute as Lina even, maybe even more." Xellos smiled at her, as she sniffled and whimpered something about chocolate cake. "And she had such a great laugh"

Xellos saw an image of Ameria laughing in his head.

"Even when she cries she cute."

He yet again saw Ameria in his mind, crying.

"Her eyes"

He saw Ameria's back, then she turned around, her eyes sparkling with happiness and joy.

"And also her...wait a minute! What are you thinking about Xellos? She's just some kid who cares to much for..for....everybody, everything, you even."

Xellos shook his head.

"I can't believe I'm thinking this, Mazoku can't love, she's in love with Zelgadis anyway, conversation ended. But, I just can't help wonder."

He replayed in his mind what Ameria said to him, "You're my friend, and I care for you."

"I wonder, if I have...a chance.


"Chance for what?"

"huh?"

Xellos pulled his head up, the others wee gone, and L-sama was standing before him.

"Did the little girl of justice capture you're heart?"

"No!" Xellos yeleld, startled, "I'm a Mazoku, Mazoku can't love!"

"Perhaps," L-sama replied, grinning, "Just don't let you're feelings for her interfere with the plans,okay?"

"But, But" Xellos stutterd, "I..."


He blinked, ad saw he was back beside Ameria.

"Feelings?" He thought. "What feelings? I have no feelings. Anyway, if did have any feelings for someone, it certainly wouldn't be..be.."

He gazed at Ameria, and smiled.

"Or do I?" He chuckled.


"Yum!" Lina said, popping a sausage into her mouth, "This place is so great!" When everyone had woken up, they immediately started on their way to the next town, and when they had reached it, they went straight to a restaurant to eat.

"Zelgadis-san, do you want anything? You can have anything of mine if you want?" Ameria asked, batting her eyes eyes at him.

"No," Zelgadis is said in a monotone, and rather cold voice.

"I don't know why you keep going after Zelgadis" Gourry said, his mouth full of pancakes and maple syrup to Ameria, "He doesn't seem to like you like that ya know."

"Y'know what they say," Ameria giggled, "Friends today, but tomorrow, who knows?"

"Who's they?" Gourry asked.

"Not likely," Zel muttered.

"It's true! Who really does know?" Ameria asked, and turned her attention to breakfast.

"Yeah," Xellos thought to himeslf, "Who does know, my sweet Ameria-Chan."


Notes

Got any flames, ideas, or just wanna annoy me? E-mail me at: mindyb@norcom.mb.ca


Chapter 2   |   Fanfiction