Chapter One: The Long Awaited Night


"But m'lady! Are you positive you know what you're doing?" a handmaiden asks the raven haired girl of no more then twenty.

"Of course I know what I'm doing! Otherwise I wouldn't be doing it, now would I?" she asks, fastening her long cloak. She's now wearing a long sleeved tunic, leggings, knee-high boots and a cloak, all black trimmed with silver, and two dark blue pentagrams, one on her belt, the other on her cloak brooch.

"I've been waiting seven years for this night and I am not going to wait another seven!" she says, and grabs her pack off of a chair. She rushes to the door, but then stops in her tracks and runs back to a table in her room.

Lying on it is a beautifully carved box. She opens it, revealing a flute with beautiful designs, painted and carved, on it.

"Can't forget this!" she says and slips it into a pouch at her belt that seemed to be made for a flute, and probabaly was.

She jumps to the door and throws it open with no feigned urgency. She runs down the long castle hall and jumps down the winding staircase, followd by the middle aged handmaid who's just a bit slower.

"M'lady! Please slow down!" the handmaiden yells.

"I can't! There isn't enough time! I either do this tonight or wait another seven years! And I may lose some of my powers by then! I CAN'T risk it!" the raven haired girl yells as she runs by a closed door. But she stops and runs back to the door, and, with a pained look, opens it.

The room inside is covered with dust and hasn't been used for years. The girl looks around the room and is on the verge of tears when she finds what she's looking for and picks up a dust covered sword that's leaning on a table.

"For you, father." she says and blows on the sword. The dust flies away, revealing the Royal Crest of Seiruune.

"I won't let it end the way it did...I swear it. Lina, Gourry, Sylphiel, Father, Zelgadis.....I won't let it!" She fastens the sword on her side and runs out of the room.

"This is taking too long!" she whispers to herself as she's running.

"Grr... screw running! LEVITATION!" she says and takes to the air.

She soon reachs a door to the outside and throws it open, running to the center of a giant magic circle carved into the stone in the center of the garden/graveyard, the five tombstones well in view.

The servants of the palace gather by the wall, well out of the magic circle at the queen's orders that they should NEVER go into it.

"My queen, how shall we know if you succeed?" one of the servants asks.

"You won't." she says as the magical winds gather around her. "And it won't matter. Because if I DO succeed, and I WILL, this timeline will have never happened. Now go back to the palace. This may get messy."

The servents file into the palace, but crowd around the windows to watch.

The magic winds are now blowing things everywhere, but the queen is standing tall and steady in the center of it all. She throws one hand to the stars.

"POWER OF THE ANCIENTS AND THE GODS!" she calls out. "POWER THAT HAS COME BEFORE ME AND POWER THAT WILL COME AFTER! POWER OF THE DARKEST PITCH, POWER OF THE PUREST LIGHT! MELD TOGETHER NOW AND COME TO ME! I CALL BY STAR AND SOUL! BY LOVE AND MAGIC BRIGHT! I PLEDGE MYSELF AND MY SOUL UNTO THEE!!"

"YLLAS, SDREZIW FO EHT TSAOC!!!"

If you can imagine what a Ra Tilt, a reverse Ra Tilt, and a Gigaslave going off all that the same time would look like, then I think you can imagine what the last scene looked like.

When the smoke clears the ground is clean, and all that seems to have happened was a simple wind storm.

The servants walk out of the house and move their hands as if they were drawing pentagrams on their chests (kind of like with the cross).

The head servant looks to the empty magic circle where the queen used to be standing, but has now disappeared.

"Good luck, Queen Amelia, good luck..."

Queen Amelia finds herself in what looks like deep space. It's beautiful.

At first she wonders what's going on, then reaches a decision.

Time must be moving so fast, that it seems to have stopped all together...

She looks around herself. Well.... I either cast the spell and it worked... or I'm dead. I'm not sure which is the better choice....

She sighs and tucks her knees to her chest. My friends... if I DID get the spell right, and it works, then I will be meeting you soon. But... I won't be able to tell you it's me, for I will be meeting myself in that time also...

She clenches a fist. I was so... so STUPID back then! So naive! I don't know how I'll be able to stand myself... she thought, then curled herself into a tighter ball.

Well, if I am to save my friends, then I must. It won't be so hard. I can only hope I end up in the right place at the right time...

Then all at once the stars start to streak past her and there is a bright flash of light, then pure blackness.


Author's Notes

In case you haven't figured it out by now, Queen Amelia is Princess Amelia Wil Tesla Seiruune seven years later. Queen Amelia doesn't want it to 'End this way', meaning she doesn't want to have her friends die. So she chooses the night when her powers are amplified by the stars (only happens once every seven years) and creates a giant Magic Circle. And I'm always looking for creative criticism and comments, and plus if I don't constantly get bugged about finishing a fanfic, I never will. So write me and tell me what you think!

Until next chapter, this is MiniNinja, who was really depressed when she came up with this fanfic idea! JA!


Chapter 2   |   Fanfiction