Chapter 1


Notes

Hi!!! Okay...this is one of my first fanfics I have written and the 1st to type out...I'm a newbie at this so please be gentle and patience with me expecially in grammer, spelling, and typing errors. I'm letting all the readers know that I'm a strictly Lina/Zel couple fan, so please...no cursing nor threatning the writer otherwise I delete any email sent to me, I'm sensitive when it comes to criticizing my work however I will welcome any open opinions that will help me come up with more Slayers fanfic ideas. BTW, I created a new character to be Amelia's boyfriend...He's s Zel's young, only cousin and ward Aezorl "Aez" Greywers ( Zel gave him his last name because...um...it's a story I have to finish for you guys to understand...sorry 'bout that). ANYWAYS! Before I forget the characters will most likely be OOC... Oh, btw...Disclaimer: I watched their series and I don't own Anything of the Slayers....yada,yada, yada. On with the fanfic. BYE!!!! Miss "L "


It was a beautiful afternoon, Lina Inverse, equally beautiful sorceress supreme, is standing on a boulder that happens to be in a large crater, piled high with crispy bandit corpses, compliments from a Dragon Slave. She dusted herself off from any dirt and then dusted her gloved hands with resounding claps. She jumped off the boulder and walked towards a certain singed six pile heap. "LINAAAA!"

"Miss Lina, how could you?!"

"Especially to us!!"

"Yeah Lina, we're your friends not your foes..."

"Lina, have you ever condsidered anger management classes?"

".......??!!"

"WWHHAATTT??!!" Everybody was either standing or sitting (except a certain unconcious blonde girl with a pink bowed golden tail sticking upwards, laying on the floor) cringing and cowereing in front of a raging girl. But the very pretty Sairaag shrine maiden didn't realized she thought those words out loud (yeah, you would probably expecting Gourry to say something like that). Everybody, including an awaken Filia, heard and understood it, and dashed out of Lina's way, leaving the petrified ravenhaired girl. "Uh oh....I'm sorry Lina! I really didn't mean to say that...I'm sorry...please for...."

"FIREBALLL!!"

"....give me." A puff of smoke came out of a poor burnt girl that fell to the right side.

"For heaven's sake Lina, you wouldn't even listen nor allowed Sylphiel to finish her apologies. Just what's with you anyways?" An ivory clad chimera, who was out of the Dragon Slave's path, came down from levitating behind Lina.

"Oh shut up!" Gourry, Aez, Amelia, Filia, and Val went up by Sylphiel's side, checking if she still breathing. Amelia cast a healing spell on the now conscious victim's burns and scrapes.

Lina was still fuming but she was also tired. She walked over to the bandits' treasure and did her usual chore, cautiously looking over anything valuable from the cheap stuff and stashes her loot. One piece of article caught her eye. "Hmmm...what's this?" curiuosly, she picked it up a small oval object and gingerly traced the intricate details. The reddish-bronze carvings of roses and a copper phoenix seems to glow when Lina touched them. There were also small red and black gems, implanted in the middle of each myraid gold celtic knots. Then she seen her own crimson eyes staring back at her, reflecting her red hair, flowing thru the breeze, her heart shape face, smiling.

"Hey Lina, what do you have there?" Zel approached right next to her.

"It's a mirror."

"A mirror?" his visible pebbled eyebrow arched. "Why would they have a mirror?" Zel remarked quizzically.

"I don't know. Maybe because of the gold and gems, it does look like an antique though." She handed him the mirror, he looked at it, examining it carefully. His aquamarine eyes caught his silver bluish-lavander wire hair framing his blue skin, pebbled face reflecting back at him with disgust. Why do I have to look like a freak....a monster. She would never love me like this. Lina looked at the sad chimera, she thought she saw a crytalline tear, but he put his mask on and gave her back the mirror.

"It...it feels like there's some sort of an odd spell on it. Are you going to keep, sell, or leave it?"

"I like it. I think I'll keep it."

"Be careful then, you never know what kind of magical spell it has." Zelgadiss warned her.

"I doubt it's anything strong like that shadow reflector (an: sorry, but I can't quite remember the exact name for it), that I, unfortunatedly, had to deal with long ago."

"Or that Philospher's Stone hidden in the Orilhalcon statue, the cursed dagger, those vessels when the barrier broke, that sword that's really the key to that huge sand wurm, how about that time when we....." the shaman sorcerer went down the list of strong-and-powerful-magical-spells-that-were-disguised-as-ordinary-objects.

"ALRIGHT already...I get the point!"

"In any case, don't let your guard down. If I were you, I would just break that thing."

Lina shook her head. "Oh Zel...don't be such a worry wart. I can take care of myself and I'm not going to break it. I'm not risking seven years of bad luck!" The pretty redhead waved her hand up and down then puts the mirror away. "Well, let's join the rest shall we? I'm sure they're o.k. by now."

The group walked until it was getting dark. "We better stop, it's getting late." A light sky blue hair, teal blue-eyed, handsome young man, who slightly resembles a certain Rezo's great/grandson, suggested while standing near his dear Amelia.

"Hey! Over here!! I found a perfect spot for camp!" Filia shouted while Val covered his ears since he was close to her. The crew soon joined both dragons.

"Ok. Gourry, you'll get the firewood, I'll get us food."

"Oh...ok then." A smiling Gourry walked towards the enclosed forest to find timber.

"Gourry, wait up!" Val yelled.

"We have to find some kind of shelter." Lina's body guard stopped til the other three young men caught up with him. "It looks like it's going to rain hard tonight." The four bishounen separated for a bit and met up again 10 minutes later. "Anything?"

"I found a cave hundreds of meters away from camp."

"Alright. Show us, we need to inspect if it's safe and shelters everybody." Gourry led his fellow companions to the cave.

Meanwhile --

Amelia, Filia and Sylphiel joined Lina to a nearby little lake. "So Lina, when do you think we could find Mi...er....Zelgadiss' cure?" Sylphiel inquired as the fishing woman caught another fish and gave to her to clean. Amelia and Filia just returned from searching for edible fungi and herbs for dinner.

"Hhmmm...I'm not 100% sure, but I think another week or two we'll reach there."

"But Lina, what if it ends up another dead end?"

"Then we kill Xellos."

"Can I have first dibs?"

"Sorry Filia, I know you hate Xellos and all but Zel deserves to get to him first." Lina glanced towards the lake sadly. "He have his heart set on it, I personally, don't think he needs it, he looks great as he is now." She slapped a fake smile when she realized she was frowning.

"Lina, have you even tried to talk to him about how you feel?" Amelia got over her crush and happily look foward to a closer relationship with Zel's ward and young cousin, Aez. She only love Zelgadiss like an older brother as he felt the same silbing affection for her. But right now she's concerned that Lina will never let Zel know how she actually feel for him and he will do the same....they're both afraid of rejection. Ever since he came back from his search in the desert, apologizing to Amelia that he doesn't feel the same way she does for him.

"You're like a younger sister to me, Amelia. Please try to understand, and please don't get upset or hate me. One day, you will find your prince who would completely be devouted to you like you deserve, and realize that I was only your first crush. I'm just not the one for you. My heart, mind and soul are devouted to her, she has my life, my world, in her hands, but she doesn't know that....yet. I'm really sorry Amelia, forgive me." He gave her a sweet brotherly kiss on her furrowed forehead, turn around and vanished. Sure, she cried for pratically months, until one day, she did realized that she really doesn't feel quite the same like before. That's how she met Aez, during the time, when she reached a town, she hired him to find Zel (none of the crew knew who Aez really yet) as she seeked out for Zelgadiss a long time until they found him and she asked for forgiveness for her immature behavior and told him that she got over her "crush" and became fast siblings.

"Miss Ame..."

"Sylphiel, you can drop the Miss and Princess stuff, we're friends, allies fo justice and....."

"That goes the same for me." Filia interrupted Amelia before she rattled on her "speeches" saving them from getting headaches, getting bored and also, at the same time, saving her from Lina's arrupt moods again. Sylphiel apologized, softly smiled and nodded.

"Amelia is right Lina. Tell him how you feel about him."

"No."

"Why not? We can all see that he loves you."

"Yes, you already and finally confess to us that you love him." Filia placed a hand gently on her shoulder.

"I have my reasons and I doubt that he does feel the same for me." she look at the lake again. "Besides, he's too buys caring about his sutpid cure...he...he don't feel the same....li...like I don't exist." A tear starts to move down her cheek. She caught another fish and quickly wiped her tear away before anyone noticed. "I....I think we have enough...what do you guys think?" The four Slayers beauties looked at the enormous pile of fish, they sweatdropped.

"Um...yeah, I believe we do, Lina." Sylphiel starts to put her knife away. Lina gave her that knife, insisting that she should carry one just in case it's that time of the month and if Gourry or anybody wasn't with her, (with Lina, Amelia, and Zel training her, she's still learning to cast shaman attack spells) although Lina knew "her big brother" would never leave her side. Each one carried a hearty bundle of fish, walking back to camp. Lina wished she haven't had the girltalk couple of months ago, they left her alone for a good while, now they're bugging her any moment that they're alone. Well, at least Amelia isn't jealous anymore ever since Aez joined us almost a year ago.

"Lina, I know you're gettin irratated at us for nagging you like this, but we care about you, we're like sister." Syphiel tries to comfort her.

"That's right, we're all sisters and we don't want nor like to see you suffering like this." Filia added her feelings towards the conversation. So look the other way. she thought gloomily. "We're reaching camp so drop it, okay? I don't want any of the guys, especially Zel, to know." the sorceress is starting to get more upset.

"Okay..but we'll finish talking when we get to our own tent, it's going to rain tonigh." Amelia won't allow Lina to drop it completely, it hurts her to see the both of them ignoring their feelings for each other and yet, it makes her mad that both are too stubborn to give in and confess their love for each other.


Notes

So...what do you guys think???? Do I get the job??? I know it's a bit corny, angsty, and stuff....it's just that there's many story ideas in my head and I'm trying to keep up with them. Well...anyways...I'm sorry if it's either too long, too confusing, or too short. Please let me know if I did o.k. or I need to practice more on something. I gotta go....got more chptr fics to post...!!Adios!!

Miss "L"


Chapter 2   |   Story Index   |   Fanfiction