Sleep


Darkness. Everywhere, darkness. Darkness in my heart; my soul.

Do I even have those anymore? So many years. I don't remember. I surround myself with light, happy people. But everything is dark.

Every day, little by little, I can feel my mind slip. One day I think I may just...snap. And on that day, may L-sama have mercy on this world.

I wonder who would be the first to go? The idiot? The blonde? Maybe the little justice freak? Or that Chimera? No. Not him, not yet. His pain and sorrow is too delicious. Not the pretty little red head. Of all the humans I've played with, I think I like her the most.

She hides her feelings from her friends almost as well as I do. Such fear, such despair. Such beautiful emotions. They fit her well. The pain, the anger. Especially the anger. She's always mad. It covers the fear so well. Lucky me, she gives off two emotions for the price of one.

No, little Lina will be sticking around for a while. Maybe I could turn her into a Mazoku. That would be interesting. Such a pretty thing. Too bad that she has to grow old and die eventually. She wouldn't make a good Mazoku, anyway. Too pure.

Not that it matters, not at the moment. Maybe I'll just disappear from the little group. I doubt they'd ever notice. The cute little Chimera boy might be happy. He never did like me. That's good enough reason to stay.

Maybe it'll help to complete my trip towards total insanity.

Perhaps I'll wind up like DeepSea. I wonder if Zellas-sama would ever lock me up like she did to DeepSea. I can't say the woman didn't deserve it, though. Of all the people I've met in my 1,030 years, she's the most psychotic.

I think I may be a close second.

Sometimes I envy those who need to sleep and eat on a regular basis to sustain their basic life functions. I haven't truly slept in 60 years. There's no need to. The only thing that makes me close to human is the fact that I eat on occasion. Wonderful thing, food is. Especially tea. Such an interesting concoction.

Tea...if Firia could hear me now. I'd probably get a mace in the gut. An attempted one, anyway. We have nothing in common she says.

Do we?

Don't we?

She's fun to play with, even if she is only half my age. Her anger tastes so good. Her hatred towards me is beautiful.

More than likely she'll be the first to go. Not that I'm planning it. Perhaps her own mace. Wouldn't that be ironic? Being killed by her own pretty little instrument of death.

But I'm not planning anything. Maybe I could kill them all at once. I did it to thousands of Dragons, I don't see why not to them. They're mostly only human, anyway.

No one would miss them. Maybe that annoying little princess...but humans die every day. They would get over it eventually.

Do any of them even have families? Besides Lina's sister, that is. Perhaps one day I'll tell her how close Luna is with my Mistress. I wonder how she would react. Even if it weren't true, it would be fun to see the look on her face. So little amuses me anymore.

I almost miss my human life. Almost.

I could turn a spell against her. It would be quite interesting to see the infamous 'Dragon Spooker' killed by her own Dragon Slave. More delicious irony.

The princess once prayed to Shabernigdo. Maybe I should reintroduce her to one of his subordinates. I'm sure Philbrezzo-sama would like some company. She seems to like the Chimera...maybe she could be stoned to death.

But I'm not planning anything, I would never dream of it. I haven't slept in 60 years; I haven't dreamt in 80.

The idiot would be easy. Stupidity helps ease the complications of possession.

I wonder, do Chimera need to breathe? I may have to test this question one day. Pillows are truly a lovely thing.

I'd like to sleep again. Maybe it'll help regain a but of my sanity. Was I ever sane? Maybe I was, long, long ago.

Sometimes I can hear The Golden One calling to me. Maybe someday I'll answer, and return to the Chaos from which I came.


Fanfiction