Sadness


It was dark... The only light shining from the full moon. Eyes looked toward it with pain she seemed no one could ever understand. She was alone.. She felt as though she would always be alone.. Always looking at some one who seemed to never feel the same toward her. One who would only be hers in her dreams. It wasn't fair... She felt hot tears stream down her reddened cheeks endlessly, as though they would never stop. She tried to get over him, she tried to be strong, but she couldn't take it anymore.. Glancing at the sword in the corner of her small room she noticed how sharp it really was. It hadn't been used in a while, after all. After that thought she sobbed more. She cried until she couldn't cry any more. Then she lay in a fetal postion, looking to the sword as though it where the only thing left in the world. And in a sense.. It was. She knew she couldn't look afar at him anymore.. Her eyes softened at the weapon, looking at it with fondness of old memories. She missed those times.. Times of cheer.. Times of heart ache.. Times of goodbye.. She closed her eyes as her redish strands of hair fell around her arm limply, as she sighed softly. Things weren't as hard now.. She didn't fight as much, things werent after her... But, he also wasn't with her.. And it was her fault. Eyes shot open now, as she lifted herself from the small bed, throwing her hands to her face, weping again. It was her fault he had jumped in front of her, it was her fault he was hurt and she didn't notice.. It was her fault she wasn't good at healing spells. Oh L Sama.. It was her fault.. Her fault she could never tell him, tell him like he so despratly tried to tell her. The words he mouthed though the blood flowed from his mouth.. Minutes before he stopped breathing.. It was her fault. Quickly she stood, grabbing the sword and running. She ran all the way till she reached some woods. No one would find her there.. And if they did, she wouldn't care. She told herself she would never give up, she told herself that she would never die. That was before. In a sense, she had already died. At least, her spirt, her soul. Falling to her knees, she hugged her sword, and she swore to the heavens just like she had that day. But things couldn't be helped now.. They could never be changed.. She looked to the ground, her hair falling around her face and her crimson eyes burning with passion. She missed him.. And no matter what she did now, she could never take that back. She took the cold metal of the blade and pressed it to her chest, easing it into her skin, trying to keep as quiet as possible. The blood flowed swiftly from her small form, until there was nothing left to give. Her eyes became dull as she looked back up to the moon. Her mouth mouthed words, the words she longed to say, the things she needed to say. "I love you, Gourry." And she fell... As it began to rain.


Author's Notes

Didya figure out who it waS? Did you get the rain part? Probably not ^^**


Fanfiction