Slayers Love


In a room far away from any big town, in the dark a small girls cry is heard. She runs into a large bed which a couple in their embrace share. Swearing is heard before a candle is lit.

"Papa! There gunna get me!" Cried the small girl, orange hair falling into her deep blue eyes. She sniffles, rubbing her eyes with a large sleeve, and hugging the large man next to her. His long hair falls over her as he wraps his strong arms around her tiny form. He wipes her tears, pushing her chin up softly with his finger. "Oi Chibi,whats wrong?" His blue eyes were kind, and his smile comforting. This was not the same of her mother.

"Damnit Destiny, what now?" Lina sighed, pulling back the covers and pulling the small girl from her fathers grasp and under the covers. Though she sounded angry, there was a tenderness to her voice. "Whats tryin' to get you now?"

"Mama! There was this big monster and he was gunna eat me! I threw him a good one but he stil wouldn't go away! So i told him my mama would get him but he only laughed at me! Mama go beat him up!!!!" There were tears in her eyes again, and she had gotten herself all worked up... She grasped the sleeves to her long shirt, and looked hopelessly up to her mother.

Lina sweatdropped, thinking of the damage of the other side of the room.. She looked over, finding the cinged bed covers and the burnt room corner. Crap,they were gunna have to pay for that. "Ne, Des-Chan.." The small sorceress almost said too sweetly. "Lets not burn things anymore... Okay?" She was angry..Yes... But her daughter was only four. .And didn't know anybetter. She made a note to herself to be reminded of that fact.

Somehow Gourry noticed this and took over, quite nervously. "Well anyway.." He made a fake yawn. "Whatever it is is gone.. So lets go to bed.." He looked down into Destiny's eyes, realizing she was still scared. "And if he comes back i'll get um!" He patted her head before he hit the pillow and snoring was heard.

Destiny smiled, snuggling in the middle of the bed and into the swordsmans arms. As quick as she laid down, her breath slowed and sleep began. The red haired girl shook her head before laying next to the other two. And before closing her eyes a smile crept across her lips. She was a lucky woman. And the candle slowly burnt out...

A laugh was heard in the distance.... And the small girl shivered.

The next morning the three got up and headed out. It was a long day ahead of them and they had some searching to do... Destiny sat upon Gourry's sholders as she giggled and pointed down to the map her mother was holding.

"Are you laughing at me?" The small sorceress asked, sighing. It seemed her small girl was at one point or another... "Laugh at your Papa, hes the funny looking one. Ah! Here it is!" She exclaimed, looking up. Smiling, she pointed to a sign that said "pottersville". "Thats where Filia lives!" She sweatdropped.

"Filwa?" Asked the tiny figure on the swordsmans arms, tilting her head slightly. She had heard her parents speak of that name every once in a while but...

Gourry blinked, pulling Destiny off his shoulders and placing her in his arms. He was sort of weary of letting her wander on her own in towns. "Chibi, Filia's our friend, okay? Shes your friend too!" He told her, as she grinned. "Oh yeah! Oi Lina.." He started, turning to his wife. "Doesn't Filia have someone that Chibi can play with?" He winked for the effect.

"Oh yeah..." The sorceress remembered, then grinned. "Hes older, but you can take him, ne?" She looked to Destiny, who nodded egarly.

"Lina i don't think we should teach he-" Gourry began, but was cut off quickly.

"Hes a little boy! Of course they're gunna eventually duke it out! And i dont want Des-Chan cryin' in the end! If anything, she should be the fear'd one that - "

Gourry sweatdropped. "Still.... Um... I think maybe she ano..." He didn't have a reply for... He knew... He'd get the crap knocked out of him. "She'll be more like you.."

Lina turned to him defencively. "Is that such a bad thing?!" She asked. "At least i'm still living! It would be less stressful if she were strong..." She looked to the ground slightly, then smiled and looked at her Des-Chan. "We should go find her house."

Nodding, they began walking, the tall blonde putting his arm around Lina. He hoped they would find her house soon.. It was getting dark. Destiny slept in Gourry's arms, it was past her bed time. By the time they had finally found what they were looking for, it was hard to see anything in front of them.

Lina sighed as she knocked on the door roughly. She was tired and annoyed. "Why's her house have to be in the middle of no where?!" She asked the wind, but Gourry only shrugged. Then the door opened, to find Filia, her hair down, looking tired. Suddenly she felt embarrssed. "Gomen nasai!" Blurted the small girl, slightly blushing. "Ano.. We've been trying to find your house and - "

The Dragon giggled, letting them in. "Its okay! Would you like some tea?" She sounded a little stressed but... "Jiras! We have guests, its Lina!" She told the fox man when everyone got settled. There was a small wimper as Destiny moved and Filia looked over to Gourry. "Ah! Is that Destiny? Shes so big! Kawaii!"

"Kowai..." Fixed Jiras, walking in. "You gotta remember, its Lina's kid.." That was responded with a punch in the head by Lina. "I-ITAI!" Which woke up Destiny.. Who began to cry.....

"Gah! Chibi its okay..." Soothed Gourry, patting her head nervously. He never did know what to do at times like this.. Getting her attention, he pointed to Filia. "See, thats Filia, say hi. No more tears,okay?" He spit it out BEFORE he paniced, which was good.

"Wow Papa, shes pretty!" The small girl exclaimed, getting up and hugging her. This surprised Filia, but not for long. Then she looked to Jiras. "Puppy!!" She cried happily, patting his head. The room laughed, everyone except Jiras.

"I'm NOT a puppy!" The fox man growled, looking into Destinys big cute chibi eyes, and melting. He sat down, his ears going up, and let her pet him. At least... He thought, it was a small child... That wouldnt hurt him..."ITAI!!!"

"No no Des-Chan! You shouldnt pull on his hair!!" Lina cried, trying not to laugh. She wouldn't let on what a kick she was getting out of this...

Jiras gave Lina a VERY dirty look. He knew she was getting a kick out of this... And it wasn't fair. He just had to be soft on little kids, didn't he.. He scolded himself. But the small girl was so loving despite... her mother, and it was something you just couldn't say no to.

The tiny orange haired girl yawned, and rubbed her eyes. Running back to Gourry, she curled back up into his lap. He smiled to her as she laid down and looked around her sleepily.

"You.. You couldn't have come at a better time... You see.. I feel danger.." Filia told them in a soft voice. She looked to Destiny to make sure she wasn't understanding. "i've been feeling it.. In my dreams."

Lina shivered, this wasn't something she'd like to hear... "Des-Chan, i think you should go to sleep.." She said, picking her up. "Where should she go?"

Filia sweatdropped at the broad question, but dropped it. "Give her to me.. I'll put her with Val-Chan." She told the other woman, slightly smiling. She left, coming back without the small one.

"What did you see in your dreams?" The short sorceress asked, slightly tilting her head. She hoped it wasn't anything serious.. Its not like she didn't want adventure but.. She looked to the room where her child slept. No, she couldn't aford it. That and... "I sure hope not... It'd really suck without magic.." She sighed, then realized she'd said it out loud. "That time - " Gourry began, but was hit a top the head. He rubbed it, then sat up. "Well..."

Lina blushed. "Ano.. IT has been a while.." This is when Gourry and Filia both fell over.

The swordsman looked over the chair, slightly scared. "Again?!" He coughed, then calmed down. "Um.. This is a big problem, isn't it?" A bead of sweat fell from the side of his face, as that slight panic look became his face.

Lina also coughed, then looked to the others. "Anyway, Filia, explain your dream." She sounded a bit impatant now..

The blonde woman nodded, then began. "Well.. I was running, holding Val-Chan tightly in my arms when.. When this dark cloud fell over us.. I screamed and shielded my son the best i could.. And you were both there, holding a figure which i'm guessing is your daughter.. She, well, the black cloud seems to, eat her.." She frowned, as Lina slightly looked away.

"You shouldn't take dreams so seriously Filia.." She told her friend, worry in her voice.

"i wouldn't.." She told the others, "But when i woke up i heard a laugh that made shivers go up my spine.."

Lina grinded her teeth. This worried her dispite what she told her friend. "Maybe the dream you had.. was one from the past. You know our whole group has those kind of dreams from the things we've faced.. It sounds sorta like Dark Star.." She glanced at the ground, her orange hair slightly falling over her shoulder. She swiftly looked into Filia's blue eyes. "But you could also be right... Whatever it is though, we should be careful.

They all nodded in agreement, as Jiras came out to join them. After a while of talking and tea they all felt tired so.. Of course they went to sleep. It just happened Lina and Gourry were stuck on the couch...

Filia's frighten blue eyes darted open as she felt a figure lay beside her. She was scared to open her eyes, to even move... Then she felt his arm wrap over her own.. "Xellos."

"Thats me!" Replyed the cheerly Monsku, reciving a shiver from who he was speaking with. "What!" He said in a fake pout, "Are my feet cold again?"

Shoving the blankets over her, she pushed Xellos off the bed. "What in the nine hells do you think your doing?! Specially in *MY* room in *MY* bed!"

"But Filia-Chan.. Don't you feel lonely at night?" He smiled his smile, one of some serious amusement. "I could make you much more...Intertained."

"I don't need your 'Intertainment', and don't call me chan!" The Dragon Maiden almost yelled down to him. It only annoyed her more of his stupid happy face.

"Actually, Filia" Xellos began, leaning his elbows on the side of the blushing dragons bed, and opening his eyes. He saw her longfully look to her mace, but he had 'actidentily' moved it out of her reach. "I'm here as a warning.. And the dreams... You are not the only one who has such dreams." His voice and face had changed, he had sobered and was now much more serious.

"How do you know about my dreams?!" Asked Filia, gripping her sheets. "And why would you care anyway, its not like you have anything to worry about! If anything its your stupid race that makes everything go wrong!"

"Actually.. We are one of the races to keep the balance. And yes.. I could be in very much trouble..." Xellos began to look a little grim. "You see.. I have this odd feeling that my master is getting a little bothersome of me!"

"Oh i WONDER why!" Filia scaracticly said, an annoyed look on her face. "Its not my fault you annoy your race the same as you do as others!"

"Did i mention shes placed very powerful people after me to kill me because i'm not of any use? Ah! See Filia-Chan,i just helped with your dream!" The purple haired fruit exclaimed.

"So in other words your hiding here even though there is a small child i take care of and i do not care if you die?" Her eye brow rose. "You think you could hide forever? Specially after putting not only mine, but Lina-Sans child in dangers way?" Her voice had become like a harsh whisper...She looked at the Monsuko now and... She was scared. Not scared that he was there, no no, not that at all. She was scared of what she saw in his eyes.. His race was made to have people fear, he was made to hate. He was made to enjoy hating... And yet, deep in his eyes she saw the longings of a child, a lonely child. Just like Valgarv, she told herself, but quickly shook her head. "You can stay here for tonight...but don't scare the others, and if the people after you come, you must leave. I will not have my child in danger."

Xellos nodded, and then jumped up next to the golden dragon, gathering her in his arms, his face right next to hers, as he held her so she could not get away. "I understand... But, does that mean i cannot hope for your help?" He watched her face turn into a bright blush. Kissing her almost tenderly on the lips,he released her, as she looked like a frightened animal. Then he disappeared from the room.

Filia sat on the bed in shock... Slightly shaking. Had this been a mistake? No.. Xellos never lied.. Just hid what he didnt want the others to know. Still... Her fingers slowly moved acrossed her lips.

The next morning the first thing the small group heard was a loud scream. As they rushed into the front of the house, all became silent as glee filled the halls. But this glee... For some.. Was not welcome.

"Xellos!" Spat Lina, throwing him to the grown with a loud thud. An angry face was one that she had, as her husband coward in the corner. "What were you doing in my things?!"

The purple haired one looked up at the fuming sorceress, and smiled. "Well Lina..." He began, then laughed, dissappearing. "That is a secret!"

Lina growled, shaking her fist. Turning to Filia, her feelings were ones of displeasement.

"Lina-San, let me explain!" Filia cried, walking to her and the others and telling them of Xellos's misfortune.

Meanwhile, Xellos chilled in his astral plan. He could only stay a little while without beng caught... At least enough were he could think...

So Zellas had kicked him out, telling him "You've tried to overrule me one to many times! And i cannot bare to have such a low rank that thinks he can get cocky with me!" He growled low, but kept his temper, his expression cool and calm. He sat in the middle of nothingness, legs half outstretched, with an arm laying on one of them.

It didn't matter if he was cast out. It really didn't. He knew the world, and he knew how it changed. Others change also, he figured. Softly he shrugged his shoulders. What he knew now was... He was in some serious danger. Odds were, he would die. He knew that... But, at least he wouldn't go down easy. A smirk spread across his face as he remembered.. And the others could always play for a while until they weaken them a bit.. Sighing, he placed his hands behind his head. His eyes slightly opened. But what would he do.. If he just happened to survive?

Lina crossed her arms over her small chest, looking to Filia. "So.. You're telling me were gunna get our butts, and our kids butts in danger for HIM?" Was all she could say. Looking down at her stomach briefly, her face began a faint blush. "And.. Lets just say.. i can't protect myself in these conditions.."

Gourry looked at her, then smiled. "Thats what i'm here for.. I'm also your protecter, right?" He placed a strong arm around her, then looked to Filia. "Only for now, right?" He laughed a little sheepishly. "I guess the ideas okay.. Lets just not let him get close to Des-Chan,k?"

Filia nodded. "Don't worry.. i made him promise that he wouldnt harm the children.. And hes running from his race. You know that idiot never lies, he just never tells the whole truth." She shruged slightly.

Suddenly, Destiny ran from the room she had been sleeping in, and straight to Lina. As Lina was trying to figure out what was going on, Val began to run after her, his little face looking angry. the little girl began to look destprate. "Mama! I thought he was a monster! I-I! I tried to say sorry but he got all mad at me!" She now did realize the bit of Charcoal on his face..

A while later.. After cleaning the annoyed boys face, both mothers decide to make their children friends.. Weither they like it or not...

"Mooooooooommmmmmm!" Cried Valteria, his hands in little fists, "Shes got cooties!"

Destiny soon found herself coming close to burning something.. "Mama!!!!!!!! He smells funny!!"

A double sigh was heard, and a man hid in the shadows. He watched down at the two children and their fustared mothers. Lina the more of the two, of course, and was now pumping it into their heads... He smirked under purple bangs, his eyes of fasination. How could these silly humans have so many emotions at once? And even Filia, a Golden Dragon, even expressed with the same depth... Did this mean he could also feel these things? He brushed the thought away.. Then again, was he feeling, denial? Suddenly, his eyes opened, revealing a deep violet burning. Reaching for his chest, his mouth gapped open, his fangs showing.. "Zellas!" He cried, before dropping to the ground like a dead bird, then began to shake. Suddenly, his body launched upward, as he knelt on his knees screaming in pain. A blackness gaped around him, and suddenly took from his mouth, like the loss of breath. The others were silent, and the children were hiding.

Val, who stood a little taller then Des-Chan, stood slightly in front of her, his arm reaching across, trying to protect her. In return she stood ready, well, as ready as a small child could be, with terror in her eyes. Both stood behind the adults.. The boys eyes widened into small pupils as he watched Xellos cry in pain.

The others, watched in shock, unable to do anything else. All felt sadness wash through them, even though he had screwed them over.. They still felt he was.. At least part of the group..

The little girl cried, running to Lina as an echo laughing was heard, and smoke became appartent in the middle of Filia's front room, lit well by a very long ciggerette. A smile of dark red lipstick was for all the eye could see as she moved her head up, looking at the room with cold, red, animalistic eyes. Finally, her view landed on the tormented Xellos. Her smile grew wider.

Xellos, finally having the black mist depart from him, was now curled on the floor, shaking voilently. He looked up into Zella's eyes in fright, knowing he was unable to do anything.

"Your worst punishment." She told him, sparkling the ashes of her smokes on his back, her eyes widening. "You will feel more pain, Xellos-Chan!" She laughed again, a horrid, evil rumble, that put fear into your heart. Her blonde hair fell limply over her bare shoulder, as she wore a long, expensive dress. Both sides were slitted. Putting a leg out next to him, she looked down, making herself seem even taller. "Hows it feel.. To be mortal? Do you feel pain? Do you feel depressed? Realizing what you have really done all these years?" She licked her lips, hungering his emotions.

Filia fell a little forward at closer inspection of the former manzoku. He-He was crying! Her hands slowly came up to her paling lips, as she exhaled deeply. "No.." She said, shaking her head. Turning to Lina, she looked worried. "Get the children out of here!" She almost screamed.

"B-But! What the hell are you gunna do without me?!" Cried Lina in retaileation. Her eyes shone brightly, unable to hid how she felt.

"Lina-San! Didn't you just say you couldn't do anything? How are you going to help without your magic? And you wouldn't only be putting yourself in danger.." Filia replyed, her voice rushing. Lina tried to talk back, but found that her friend was right.. Taking the two children under her arms, she ran like hell.

Xellos shook. What was he feeling? To many emotions at once! It felt like he had be killed over and over again.. At least, emotionally. He didn't understand what he was feeling.. Of course not! He told himself, Zellas doesnt care if you know what emotions what! His eyes were caught into Zellas like a deer stuck in the headlights of a car..

Gourry growled in fustration. If only he had is Sword of Light.. But he didn't even have that! Only a regualar sword now.. And how, he wondered, would he protect his family like that? His knuckles were becoming white at the hilt of his sword, fustration appartent on his face.

Meanwhile..

"Damnit!" Cried Zelgadiss, tearing the royal clothes off his body and changing right in the carriage.. "Why do they inisist that i wear this stupid crap?!" He cried, as Amelia blushed.

"Don't say it so loud!" The princess exclaimed, wearing her pink dress... With a little belly begining to sprout. She blushed slightly as he threw his cloths at her. "I know that you don't like them but the world doesnt have to.."

The new prince shook his head, sticking his head out the side of the carriage and yelling "The royal garb sucks!" In his loudest voice. Of course.. They were still in the country, mind you.

And Amelia sighed in defeat...

Getting out of their ride quickly, they ran into Filia's home, hearing the screams of a man. Zel was in front of the small princess, of course, as they saw the marvel before them. Quickly her husband shooed Amelia off to where Lina and the children were.

Looking at the others, Zelgadiss had a quick smirk. "Remind me never to let us all get together at once, okay?" He said in a half joking voice, pulling out his sword. Watching the scene in front of him, he gulped. "Don't even tell me, shes REALLY powerful, right?"

"Zellas, the Beast Master." The dragon maiden said simply, making Zel's eyes go wide. "Thats the BEASTMASTER?!"

The Beast Master, as she was just called, materialized a long dark sword into her slender hand. She raised Xellos' head with the end of the blade by his chin. Bending down to him she whispered between full, red lips: "I will kill you slowly, so i can taste every emotion as you feel it.. You taste wonderful.. Xellos-Chan, and i feel you only have one more use for me.." Her golden hair tickled his paling cheek as her wild eyes scanned over him.

Standing, Zellas lifted the blade over her head, ready to strike, when she finally felt the other mortals in the room, interfearing.

The golden haired dragon ran to the prone body on the floor, making herself fall over it. She didn't care WHO it was! She didn't want any more blood shed! Not here! Not now! Not while she was here! Tears stung her blue eyes as she shook. She knew that she might also be killed but.. it was to late to regret now..

What was this foolish girl doing? She wondered, slightly puzzled. As she slightly hesitated, and brought the blade back up for a quicker time, Both Gourry and Zelgadiss moved, at the same time. Zel casting 'Astral Vine' as he did so.

The Beast of a woman growled as she felt her arm being slightly sliced. In fustration she brought down the heavy sword on the two laying helplessly. As the sword hesitated as it met Filia's barrier. Of course, Zellas knowing it wouldn't keep for long, slowly began to move through it, the blade melting it like butter..

And Xellos' eyes darted open. Moving swiftly, the barrier fell as he lifted Filia from over him and ran from beneath his former master. His feet slid numbly under him as he held the dragon maiden against his chest. His breath was in short gasps as his eyes became level with the blonde haired devil, as well as still trying to fight off his own emotions.

And the world seemed to stop... In a flash, she was gone, the one who had just faced them... All that was left was an echo of Zellas voice as she left to her domain. "Xel-Chan! I've decided its more fun... To play with my food. So.. I will play with you.. FOR AS LONG AS YOU LIVE!" She screamed at the end, then totally dissapearing.

Lina then walked out of the room she was peaking from, rubbing her ear. "Crap! Does she really need to speak so loud, i mean, hell, you were right there!" Gourry smiled at her as he ran over to her and hugged her, picking her up.smiling softly. As everyone settled down, one by one they all fell asleep.

And the night was silent..A man curled into a ball on the soft sheets of his comforting bed. Shuddering, a tear ran down his eye. He knew what was happening.... As it would happen for the rest of eternity.. His emotions were being fed off of, giving him horrible nightmares. And a laugh was heard.. And a little girl shoke.


Notes

Thankies Stacy and Rocky for helpin' me! My sis Ai-Chan too! Sigh I'm finding each chapter hard to write.. but thats good, isnt it? Anyways, i tried my best.. And i would REALLY like a comment back... So just Email me, Neko-Chan, here: NekoChanPurr@cs.com


Onward   |   Fanfiction