Slayers Astrology


Author's Notes

I got really bored one day and started wondering what the Slayers character's sun signs would be. Not knowing their birth-dates, I basically went through all the characteristics of the zodiac signs and based my decisions on that. So, the following is what I think the characters' signs would be and why. Any quotes are from "Linda Goodman's Sun Signs." If you know a lot about astrology and beg to differ with my opinions, drop me a line. (Be nice about it. I never claimed to be an expert.)


Zelgadis Greywers

Scorpio, the Scorpion

Why: Scorpio eyes are very intense, almost hypnotic. Their gaze is always steady and their composure almost always cool. They rarely show any strong emotion, and "smiles are rare, but genuine." Zel-esque. Scorpios know exactly what they are and what they aren't and nothing anybody says will change their opinion. When asked for their opinion, they give you the truth... no matter how much it hurts. (I know this from personal experience. I live with not one, but TWO Scorpios.) Think back to how Zel reacted to the death of Shilfiel's father. Yeah, there's that Scorpio insensitivity right there, folks. Underneath the cool exterior, Scorpio's are intensely passionate people, but also very reasonable. "Intellect and emotions rule him equally." Also, "these men have an explosive temper." Uh-huh. I know I'm thinking of that scene in the first series where Amelia attempts to block one of Koppi's attacks and Zel thanks her by calling her an idiot. And that whole passion thing? Obviously that would relate to his passionate quest for a cure. Or even his passionate dedication to becoming strong before his transformation. That latter example also displays the Scorpio tendency to want things in excess. Lastly; "Every Scorpio is law unto himself" and "none of his important decisions are hampered by the opinions of his friends, relatives, neighbors or enemies." Now, doesn't that sound like Zelgadis?

Gourry Gabriev

Sagittarius, the Archer

Why: Physical characteristics of Sagittarians include open, cheerful features with sparkling eyes. They tend to make vigorous gestures which are usually not very graceful. They are often "tall and athletic looking" and many have "a stray lock of hair which keeps falling over the forehead." Sagittarius people have this habit of saying exactly what they feel, even if it hurts you to hear it. The difference between their brand of honesty and a Scorpio's is that Sagittarius never INTENDS to hurt your feelings and feels really bad when he does. Thinks of typical Gourry comments like "Why are you so shy, Lina? It's not like you have breasts or anything." Sagittarius honesty is a lot like that of a child. They are "naïve, brave, optimistic" individuals. They're restless and cheery, but have tempers that will flare if they're pushed too far. And here's something that is SO Gourry: "a love of too much food." Oh yeah. Also; "he’ll throw you up in the air in a moment of mad, impetuous exhilaration - and forget to catch you." Sagittarians may seek "casual relationships" and we all remember the REAL reason Gourry rescued Lina. "I thought I was saving a babe..."

Xelloss

Gemini, the Twins

Why: Okay, Xel was a little harder to decide on. My first guess was Aquarius, because Aquarians are just so WEIRD. (I know, I'm dating one.) But after some consideration, I figured the celestial twins were perfect because of Xelloss' dual nature. On the one hand, he's a happy little fruitcake and on the other, he's a sadistic, powerful Mazoku. A good quote describing Gemini is: "It's hard to tell where reality ends and illusion begins. They blend - then they separate." Physically, Geminis are typically "slender, agile and taller than average." Xelloss isn't a giant, but he's taller than Zel. (But who isn't? Poor short guy...) Their alert eyes never rest on anything for more than a few seconds, and I'm sure if he would actually OPEN them I could tell whether or not this is true of Xelloss. They are quick and graceful in their movements. A Gemini knows where he stands... at least, until he changes his mind again. "It's always a mistake to challenge them to a battle of wits, because they can talk themselves in and out of situations with the greatest ease." Quick thinkers? You bet. Some also "take a mischievous delight in disconcerting slower minds." Geminis have a habit of appearing, and then when you look away, taking off. They can do at LEAST two things at once, and require constant excitement and change. Now, here's the kicker: "There's a deep-seated need in all June people to disguise their true motives... they feel a compulsion to behave in a way exactly opposite to their real desires." If that isn't Xelloss, I don't know what is. Geminis do make good politicians, you know. (Vote Xelloss 2000!) Although they're great with words, a typical Gemini doesn't like revealing much about him/herself. "They can be brilliant con-artists if they choose." Geminis like people, and despite their ability to fool people are usually honest. However, there is "an inner core that belongs only to him." Wherever they happen to be is home and are experts at sleight of hand tricks. And here we go, "It's true there are lots of Geminians who are just plain, outright promiscuous." You heard it here first.

Naga the Serpent

Leo, the Lion

Why: Leo women have been to said to have an abundance of "just plain sex appeal for at least three women, with some left over." Bounce and jiggle, anyone? Leos are typically arrogant and proud, and we can all agree that Naga is definitely both of these. Physically, Leos have a lot of hair swept back from the face, and walk straight and proud. "Leo looks down on all the mere mortals beneath him." They are dramatic people and love to be the center of attention. Rather, they demand to be the center of attention. They liked to be leaned on, hence why Naga insists Lina is HER sidekick, and not the other way around. Very few of them are careful with money, but love luxury. (A possible cause for Naga's greed?) Here's a good one: "She can roar with laughter..." Ohohohoho!!

Others

I figure Lina is probably an Aries, and Amelia may be another Sagittarius. Or maybe a Libra. Hmmm. Well, I'll get back to those two soon. Also on my list: Rezo, Zangalus, Firia, Martina and Prince Phil!!


Fanfiction