Surprise


It was a special day that came only once a year. Though he supposedly had outgrown it, Xelloss secretly looked forward to it. He went over to his closet and took out his best suit. Finding a spot on it he immediately cast a spell on it to clean it up. (Drying cleaning has nothing on this guy.) Getting dressed in it he walked out of his room and started down the hall.

"It's my birthday today and so it's my only true day off." Clicking his heels together he enjoyed this one-day of total freedom.

"Xelloss come here!"

Xelloss stopped dead in his tracks. "Why is she calling me. She knows what day is today is, doesn't she?" Then he thought about ignoring her.

"Xelloss get your butt in here NOW!"

"Well can't ignore that command." Sighing he turned around and headed towards the receiving hall. Once there he bowed before his master. "Yes Master?" He asked in a submissive tone.

"I need you to do some work for me." She said.

"Ah Master do you know what day it is today?"

"I don't care. I need you to pick up some items I ordered. They came in today and I need you to get them for me.

"Alright Master, where is it." Sighing at his one day off going bye bye, he prepared to do what his master wished of him.

"They are located south of the island, about 500 miles. They are in dock five and they are clearly marked with my seal.

"Yes Master, shall I get them now?"

"Yes, go now!"

Xelloss went, stopping only long enough to change out of his suit and into his working clothes. Quickly he flew out to where his master said the packages would be.

"Okay now lets see. Dock 5 dock 5, ah there it is." Disappearing and then reappearing inside of the warehouse he looked around for the packages. He found them pushed back into a corner. "My god they're huge!" What Xelloss was talking about was that the smallest package was 12 feet by 12 feet by 24 feet. The rest were at least 3 times that size. "It's going to take me at least half the day to move these things." Sighing with depression he began the task assigned him. Taking the heaviest one first he moved them to Wolf Pack Island. He worked all morning on it and finally at one in the afternoon he delivered the last package.

"Master I have moved all the packages that you asked me to." He panted. Xelloss was tired, all he wanted to do was go to bed. This was the worst birthday he had ever had and he wanted to forget about it as soon as possible.

"Good. Thank you, you look tired. Why don't you go to bed Xelloss." She said it in a friendly fashion but there was an underlying tone of command to it.

"Yes Master." Disappearing he returned to his room and changed into his pajama's. They had little red hearts and daggers dripping blood, all over them. " I can't wait for this day to be over with." Groaning his displeasure at the day he fell into an exhausted sleep.

Beastmaster meanwhile ran over to the boxes Xelloss had brought in. Unsealing the packages the entire Slayers gang fell out.

"Man it was stuffy in there." Lina said brushing herself off.

"Sorry about that but I didn't want Xelloss to suspect anything."

"Does he?" Fillia asked. She may not have liked Xelloss but she did however grudgingly respect him. In addition, she loved parties.

"Okay everyone lets get started on setting up the place." Clapping her hands together, Lina began giving orders. "Zel you and Amelia set up the Banners. Zangulas, Gourry start setting up the tables and chairs. Sylphiel go into the kitchen and work on the food, Fillia why don't you help her. Martina get the garbage cans and place them around the room."

"Lina you're a marvel at giving orders." Beastmaster commented looking at all the hard work going on.

"No she's not. She will just beat up anyone who questions her." Gourry piped up.

"Excuse me a moment." Stomping over to the swordsman she preceded to beat the tar out of him. Slapping her hands together to get rid of the dust she returned to Zellas side.

"Well what else needs to be done." Lina asked.

"Come with me." Walking out, they continued with their plot.


"All is ready Zellas just give the command."

"Hehe, no problem." Taking a deep breath.


Xelloss was sleeping soundly, dreaming of when he was on adventures in his younger days. Suddenly his master roared in his mind.

"XELLOSS APPEAR BEFORE ME NOW!

Needless to say, Xelloss appeared before her. He was still asleep as far as his mind was concerned and still dressed in his jammies.

"Master? What's wrong? What I do?" He stuttered

"Xelloss sit!" Beastmaster pointed to a chair in the middle of the floor.

Putting his hand to his head he went and sat down. He didn't really understand his Master and he really didn't want to right now either.

"Now close your eyes." She commanded.

Dutifully closing then he waited. Suddenly he felt someone kissing him. Opening his eyes he found Lina on his lap. Not comprehending but enjoying it he kissed her deeply. Finally breaking the kiss he gasped out.

"Lina what are you doing?"

"Silly its you birthday. And this is your party." Clapping her hands but not leaving his lap, she started the party.

Out of all the hiding spots they came. People you don't know but who show up and fill out a party. Music was playing and Beastmaster's servants began serving up food.

"Lina, what, how did all this happen?"

Snuggling up a little more to him she simply said. "That is a secret."

Xelloss grinned.


After the party was over and everybody had left Xelloss though back on the day. Lina had spent most of her time with him, which was a real delight. He received many gifts and Beastmaster gave the best one of all. Since he had worked on his birthday, he could have the rest of the week off.

"All in all it wasn't a bad birthday." He mused. Then rolling over her wrapped his arms around a certain red headed magic wielding lady and went to sleep.


Fanfiction