Chapter 3


"And that's why it was so urgent that I bring you and your companions, Miss Lina" Fillia finished off her long explanation and was now sipping on her third cup of tea.

Lina nodded, her eyes fixated on the golden dragon, "I understand."

"Understand what?" Gourry asked puzzled, " Why are we here anyway?"

THUD! Everyone fell out of their chairs. Lina quickly got up and smacked Gourry on the head. "Didn't you listen to a word Fillia said" she yelled at him.

"ummmmm...." Gourry rubbed his head, "no.... she lost me at ok this is why I brought you here." He smiled innocently.

A stress mark appeared on Lina's forehead as she grind her teeth. She held her head, so tempted to fire ball that idiot right there on the spot but stopped herself. "ok. I'll say this for your sake Gourry. SO YOU BETTER LISTEN, " she screamed in his ear and sat back down. "ok first of all this is a giant castle that used to be occupied by a very rich man who was fascinated with dragons. He lived out here all alone hundreds of year ago. dragons used to come and visit him on this island to rest from their travels. The only way out of this place unfortunately for us, is to fly."

"So there is no way for us to escape." Zelgadiss added grumpily.

"I would be happy to throw you out a window Greywords," Valgarv sneered, him and Zel had been arguing ever since they entered the dining room. Making the odd rude comment here and there while Fillia was telling her story. "We could see if you float or sink."

"and I'm sure you'd love to see me drown. How Mazoku of you." Zelgadiss smiled evily and Valgarv just growled but stopped when he noticed Fillia staring at him.

"Anyway, Gourry..... Gourry...... GOURRY!!! PAY ATTENTION!!!" Gourry snapped back to reality. "Now Fillia brought us here because-"

"Hey didn't we kill you?" Gourry pointed at Valgarv.

Valgarv rolled his eyes, "Yes Gourry you killed me and now I've come back for revenge." He said dully.

Gourry's eyes went wide as though he actually believed him... which he did.

"Mr. Gourry. Valgarv was reborn and I took care of him." Filla explained calmly.

"And Filla used a growth spell and made him grow up really fast" Amelia put it simply, then got all starry eyed, "She was so madly in love with Mr. Valgarv that she made him grow up very quickly so they could be together"

Valgarv just rolled his eyes as Fillia explained in more detail, " I had to give Valgarv all of his memory back in order for him to grow up so fast so really..... it's like he never died at all."

"Except for the fact that I did die, and that is the last memory I have of my.... past life. The lovely memory of Lina Inverse blasting me into oblivion." He glared at Lina as she shifted uncomfortably in her chair.

"oh.... but you still haven't explained why we're here?" Gourry asked.

Back to Lina, "Ok because of the Mazoku and Ryzoku war going on - "

"There's a war?" Gourry interrupted.

" - Fillia decided that the most safe place for us would be hear because the Mazoku can't get me. And the reason they want me is because they want me to join them so they can win the war. But there is no way in all the nine hells that I'm going to join them."

"Yes, we fight for justice not for those digusting demons!" Amelia blurted out.

"And also I would have to fight my sister if I became I mazoku. And I'm...... sure she would give me a good beating if she found out I was a mazoku. She is the knight of Seifeed after all."

"So you're afraid of your big sister huh?" Valgarv snickered.

"Noo... not really..." Lina blushed, "Shut up!"

"The famous -dragon killer- is afraid of her big sister... that's rather amusing!"

"Val!" Fillia snorted, " Anyway, I daresay that you're going to have to stay here until the war is over or......... you'll ummmm..... you'll all die. Yes Lina you will die if you leave" Her eyes were now fixated on something up on the ceiling.

"There's no way I'm staying here" Lina stood up and her chair fell out from behind her. "The war could go on forever, I'm not going to stay here for the rest of my life. Are you crazy!!"

"No, Miss Lina it's just-"

"What, I'm going to die? I'd rather die then stay here forever! You can't keep us here. We'll find a way out."

"oh please, Miss Lina it's demanded by the Gods. They.... they.." Fillia's eyes began to water as she tried to reason with Lina.

"I can't believe this! I can understand why you're worried Fillia, but you really can't expect us to stay here, can you?"

"I say we go now. We've wasted enough time here as it is." Zelgadiss got up and grabbed Lina's arm. "Come on. It can't be that far to main land. We can carry Gourry and - "

"What are you going to do then Greywords? Going to go try and find your cure. It doesn't exist you know." Valgarv said as he comforted Fillia who was no sobbing.

"what would you know?"

"I know that your cure doesn't exist. How could it, if the one who cursed you is dead."

Zelgadiss growled, " You don't know anything. There were circumstances."

"oh yeah, the circumstance that you were a complete dumb fuck and asked to be more powerful. Yeah I know all about that Greywords. Rezo was your grandfather wasn't he?.... and was he your great-grandfather too, that would explain why your so fucked up"

Zelgadiss let go of Lina's arm and now in his free hand was a glowing ball of energy. "Die! You bastard! Almician lance!(sp)" He yelled as a large amount of white energy blasted form his hand straight at Valgarv.

Valgarv simply put his hand out. The spell hit it and went off into different directions and disappeared. He stood there unharmed and smiling. "I still have Garv's power, chimera. That won't even tickle me" He gave a little evil chuckle but then a hand suddenly slapped him. Rubbing his face he looked down at Fillia who was starring at him.

"How dare you!" She slapped him again. "How dare you say that to Zelgadiss. If you ever - "

"I knew it! I knew you had a soft spot for the chimera!" Fillia slapped him again, "I don't need this. Fillia if you want to save the world by saving these pathetic humans lives go ahead. But you're now getting anymore help from me." His body began to flicker and then he disappeared.

"No.... no.... Valgarv..." Fillia fell back into her chair and began to sob even more.


Chapter 4   |   Fanfiction