Part 4: Regression


After Frieza had fallen asleep on her bed, Cerulean went to go check on her friends. She felt she had been neglecting them for the past three days since she hadn't had time to see them. All her friends were "low class soldiers" but any one of them could defeat an elite in a heartbeat.

After the short elevator ride, Cerulean quickly searched the rooms of the lowest level. She found Venessa fighting Dulma in one. Dulma was losing, but she refused to give up as usual. Cerulean checked another room. This time she saw Cello (or Green Goblin as he preferred) sitting on the sink leaning his head under the faucet drinking water (he was in the bathroom with the door open). She shook her head and continued to another room. In it she found Ray trying to meditate while Yapora constantly irritated her. Ray got out of her trance and threw him into the wall. Then as quickly as she had gotten out of it, she went back to meditating. Yapora tried to stand up, rubbing his head, and went back to irritating Ray. What joy!

Cerulean shook her head again, amused, and opened another door. Pidget was playing his piano as happy as can be. His brown Saiyan hair had been slicked down to imitate a composer. Cerulean thought about staying and listening, but she still had to check on the other soldiers when she was done at this level. Before she closed the door, Pidget waved good-bye and Cerulean did as well. She opened another door and found the rest of her friends asleep in strange ways: Yellow Jacket and Ego were hugging, something they'd never do when they were normal. Aisha had her back bent hanging over the top of a couch -- typical cat/werewolf behavior. Golen was actually in the room asleep cuddled up with Ivy, Suzaga, and Blacky. It looked like they had been fighting earlier because the girls were all beaten up. Golen looked like he was the only one untouched. Finally, the twins -- Petoro and Pit -- were sucking on each other's thumbs. To Cerulean, it was cute, but they'd never do that in a million years if they had the chance. Cerulean left the room satisfied and went back to her own after she had checked on the rest of the soldiers on the ship.

Frieza had woken up and gotten scared when no one was around to pick him up.

"You left the room!" he yelled. "I didn't say you could leave!"

"So? You're a big boy: you can take care of yourself!" Cerulean argued. She wasn't the least bit fazed by the tiny tyrant.

"Nuh-uh!" he said matter-of-factly. "Especially when there's a scary Super Saiyan on board."

Cerulean pretended to be surprised. "Frieza!" she began, "I had no idea you were afraid of Golen! He won't hurt you!"

"You don't know that," Frieza fiddled with his tail. Cerulean was smiling even though she knew he was serious about being afraid of the Super Saiyan toddler.

"It's not funny," Frieza said when he saw her smile.

"Actually, it is," Cerulean corrected.

Frieza crossed his arms and made his face into a pout. "No, it's not."

"Yes, it is."

"No, it's not."

"Yes, it is."

"No, it's not!"

"Yes, it is!"

"No, it's NOT!"

"Are we going to keep doing this?" Cerulean wanted to go to sleep now, not fuss with her leader.

"No, it's not," Frieza continued with a smirk, ignoring her question. He wasn't the least bit tired.

"Goodnight, Frieza," Cerulean said picking him up and heading to the door.

"No, I wanna sleep with you, Mommy Cerulean!" Frieza pouted.

"Fine, but wait here while I go change," Cerulean placed Frieza back on the bed and went into the bathroom. When she had changed into her nightgown, she laid down on the bed next to Frieza, said a prayer, and was fast asleep in no time. Frieza had a more difficult time getting to sleep, but he too finally dozed off after he wrapped Cerulean's arm around him.


Golen woke up to the cries of babies.

"What happened you guys?" he called in a baby voice. When he realized what he sounded like, he went to the bathroom and looked in the mirror.

"Crap! Crap! Crap! Cerulean?!" he turned on his walkie and talked into it. "Cerulean, come in! There's an emergency! I need you down here, now!"


The walkie in Cerulean's room vibrated with the sound of Golen's voice. However, the assailant in Cerulean's room kept the walkie to himself. Cerulean was still asleep, so the assailant had all the time in the world to destroy the radio before she ever found out.

"Hee-hee!" he giggled as he grabbed the top of the walkie and heard it crack under his grip. He may have been turned into a baby again, but he knew who's voice was on the other end and was determined to silence it. He giggled again as he smashed the rest of the walkie with his other hand. Then he laughed in triumph as the voice stopped completely.

"Bye-bye, monkey!"


The signal stopped on the other end, and Golen knew who was behind it when he heard the babyish giggle. He looked around to his friends and decided they were on their own, until he saw Aisha about to fall off the couch and onto her head. He ran over there and caught her right before she fell. Sure, since she was a mutant, she wouldn't have sustained much damage, but just in case he didn't want to risk that.

Golen put the cat down, and she giggled in response. He headed to the door and was stopped by Venessa. She too could talk when she was born.

"Where are you go-wing?" she asked. Like Vegeta, she crossed her arms, demonstrating her dominance over boys. "You're not gonna leave us again, ‘cause I won't let you!"

"Venessa, do we have to do this?" he said in his sweetest voice. "I could come back and play with you later, sweetie." He reached over and pulled her by her waist.

Venessa kept her arms crossed as she thought about this. "Okay!" she said. "But you have to promise to play checkers with me, not chess!"

"Deal!" he said and raced out the door, letting Venessa drop on a nearby pillow.

"Dookyhead!" she called after he left.


Frieza pretended to be asleep the whole time while Cerulean got up from bed and walked to the bathroom. She came back out and looked at the broken walkie on the floor.

"Frieza?" she called.

Frieza didn't move a muscle. Although, the suspense was killing him!

"Frieza?!" she said after she had gotten a good look at him. She had finally noticed his regression, and thoughts of even worse things went through her mind. What if he regresses to nothing? What if -- what if this becomes permanent forever?? What if we get attacked??? What if his father decides to visit???? What if it gets to where I have to -- no, I'm NEVER going to feed him that way! I'll take my chances with alcohol before I'd have to do that! Yecch!

"What's wong, Cewuwean?" Frieza asked as he pretended to yawn when he sat up.

Cerulean turned her head sideways. "How come you can talk?"

Frieza just shrugged.

"I bet I can answer that!" said a voice from the door. It was Golen, and from the sound of him, Cerulean knew he wasn't happy.

"Golen? What's the matter? You didn't find out something terrible about the chemical, did you?" Cerulean rushed over and turned off the lock on her door. Golen walked in and immediately glared at the baby on the bed. Frieza glared back, but he was scared on the inside.

"What are you looking at, BRAT?!" he spat.

Immediately, Frieza started to cry, and the ship started to rumble.

"Golen, don't be so mean!" Cerulean picked Frieza up and held him, patting him on the back as she did.

"Well, he is," Golen continued, his eyes red and black. He didn't take his eyes off the tyrant even as he spoke. "I would've reached you earlier and had time to go to the lab if he hadn't broken the freakin' radio. It's imperative that I found out what caused this change!"

"Fussing about it and doing nothing is not helping the situation! Go to your lab and see if you can find out!" Cerulean yelled.

"Yes, MA'AM!" Golen saluted angrily and baby-stomped out the door. "Good luck with the twerps!"


Finally at his lab, Golen flopped out in a chair and sighed. What's wrong with me? Why did I lose my temper like that? He sat up and looked at his science book on the table in front of him. The experiment he had tried a few weeks back wasn't supposed to be like this. He checked the equation, but couldn't find anything missing. Maybe it was just totally wrong...He got out of his chair and located his test tubes.

"Well, better get started."


The Ginyu force wasn't making things any easier for Cerulean. Frieza had been rocked to sleep, the rest of the soldiers had been accounted for, but they were nowhere to be found.

"Come out little...DEMONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION!!" Cerulean called as frustrated as ever. She looked in ever room, down ever corridor, and still she couldn't find them. She could very well assume that they were doing this on purpose since earlier last week she hadn't given them any cookies for putting some of the other elites in the toilets and giving them swirlies. That was the only grudge she could think of that would make them decide to hide from her. She finally gave up and went down another corridor.

"He he," giggled a familiar purple warrior. "She'll never find us men."

"Are you sure, Guinea?" asked a cute red one with an Australian accent and long white hair.

"Of course I'm sure. And it's Gin-YOU, not Gin-EE!" the purple one corrected.

"But how do you know?" asked a warrior with short red hair. He was cute as a baby but hideous as an adult.

"You idiots! She just walked right past us -- hey! What are you doing?" Captain Ginyu said to Burter and Guldo. They had abandoned their leader and were headed to a room.

"We've gotta go pee!" whined Burter.

"What do you think your diapers are for, you IDIOTS?" Ginyu yelled in his chibi voice.

"EEW! That's disgusting!" Burter and Guldo chimed together. They continued into the restroom.

"I don't see what's so wrong with it," Ginyu said, looking at his diaper. Just as long as Cerulean gives me a new one every time I go, I don't have a problem with it! :)


Part 5   |   Anime@Fan.Fic