Part Two


The blue and green creature stealthily stalked it's way around the inn and to right outside Amelia's window. The creature grinned mischievously. And the beast finds its' prey.


Lina stormed off to her room in a huff. She was generally pissed off at Zelgadis. Ohhhh! The nerve of that damned annoying chimera! How dare he think he can just go and kiss me like that! You do not try and steal a kiss from Lina Inverse! Lina mentally declared as she slammed the door to her room. And that's when the thought hit her. Who exactly has tried to steal a kiss from her before in the past? Not many people, and Zelgadis sure wasn't one of them.

What's wrong with him? Why is he acting so weird? And come to think of it, both Gourry and Sylphiel were acting strange too. Gourry never pays that much attention to anyone, let alone Sylphiel, and any normal day Sylphiel would be jumping for joy at Gourry directing his attentions to her. But instead Sylphiel didn't seem to care. Lina thought while pacing. And what about me? Would I have normally have gotten so angry with Zelgadis if he did something like that? No, I would have been too embarrassed and shocked to do or think anything. So why did I get so angry at him?

Lina paced around her room trying to think back to when exactly all this started to happen. Before we got her Zelgadis was moody, so there was nothing wrong back then. And in the morning everyone was acting normal... In fact it wasn't till a few hours ago that -- Lina stopped mid-thought. The drinks! This didn't start happening till we drank those drinks during the town toast! Which means someone tampered with our drinks. Lina had only suspect in mind off who could have planned something like this.


Amelia sighed while covering her ears with her pillow. She had been trying for hours to try and get some sleep, but no matter how hard she tried she couldn't.

Since the whole town was drinking till they were piss drunk there was a constant amount of noise that was keeping Amelia up. Laughing, yelling, screaming, music, cheering, singing; it was one big party going on in the town that wasn't going to let up till everyone passed out in the streets.

Amelia got up went to get her book Rules and Morals of a Paladin of Justice which she took with her everywhere she went. It was a book that had been given to her by her dad when she was very little. Whenever Amelia was bored or couldn't sleep she would take out the book and read away till fell asleep. It always worked, to Amelia it was like her ritual bedtime story.

So Amelia picked up her book and started to read. In between pages Amelia stopped only to take the occasional sip of her glass of water that was on her nightstand. Unknown to Amelia her water had been tampered with.


Though Lina had figured out what was wrong with her, Sylphiel, Zelgadis and Gourry she really didn't know what else to do. She didn't know what exactly had been done to their drinks and who might have done it. Oh she was sure on who planned this, but Lina was pretty sure that he wasn't the one who actually did it. Her eyes darted to the books she had gotten and had been reading through hours before. One book in particular that lay on the top of the pile was one on mythical creatures, more importantly the mythical creatures of this country. She picked it up and began to read.


Amelia frowned as she got to what had been in the past her favorite part of her book. But as she read, she was noticing something terribly wrong. The passages that normally inspired positive thoughts and feelings of being content, were making her uneasy and doubtful. The more she read, the less credible the contents of the book were to her. She begun to doubt her whole views on justice and what it right and what is good in the world.

"Is life really fair? Does crime pay? Is there any justice in this world?!" Amelia grasped her head in her hands about ready to scream her frustrations. "Is everything I've been believing in my whole life been so completely wrong?! Have those crooks and evildoers been right this whole time? Have I always been so blind to the real truth?! AHHHHHH!!!!" Amelia yelled out on the verge of a nervous breakdown.

Meanwhile the little blue and green creature outside her window cackled at the sight of the Sailune princess.


"Globhobin, a small green and blue fury goblin like creature that can turn itself invisible. It is said that this mischievous little creature causes mischief with the use of its' many pouches of magic powder which causes varied effects on those it uses it on. Globhobins usually causes their pranks during large festivities that involve the use of alcohol, where they lace the beverages with their powders to cause chaos and mayhem." Lina read out loud from the book. [Relm: Okay I want to know, who actually thought this St. Patrick's Day fic was about a leprechaun? Honestly people? (Shakes head and laughs) It was never my intensions for this fic in this part or the previous part to be about a leprechaun, and I do apologize to those I may have confused before.]

Lina had remembered hearing about this sort of creature the last time she and Naga were in Desrog. An old man told her about a story about a little blue and green creature that shows up in town during the festival and causes mischief for no good reason rather then the sake of causing mischief. And the old man warned her and Naga to be careful on what they were drinking because they didn't know if the creature was around tainting drinks.

At the time Lina had figured that the old man was drunk and babbling on about nothing. She had come to this conclusion because the old man's breath reeked of alcohol and his speech was very slurred. That and he passed out after finishing telling his tale to Lina and Naga (who had passed half way in the story).

"Well it looks like there was some truth to the old man's story after all." Lina mused before reading on about the effects of the powders.


Xellos laughed in sheer delight at the sight of the normally cheerful and perky Sailune princess pacing around in her room in the middle of a nervous breakdown.

"I've got to hand it to you, you definitely are a resourceful little creature." Xellos comment to the little green and blue creature sitting on his shoulder.

"Well thanks to you I knew exactly what sort of things would be interesting to do to them. Thanks for pointing these guys out. The locals were starting to get a little on the boring side." The globhobin said to Xellos with its' usual mischievous grin.

"The pleasure is all mine. And the effects of the powder will as long as you say it will?" Xellos asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Oh yes it will last -- "


"THREE DAYS?!?!?!" Lina yelled out loud in a frantic mannor. "The effects are going to last THREE DAYS?!?!?! I HAVE TO GO THREE DAYS OF THIS?!?!?!" Lina screamed out loud. "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"


The very next day everyone in the town all looked as green as the ale that had been served the night before. No one was happy, no one was cheerful, and worst of all everyone was in a bad mood.

Well not quite everyone...

"Lina are you sure you are feeling okay? You don't look too happy. Are you sure you don't want a hug? Or how about a kiss?"

"Shut-up Zelgadis!"

"Sylphiel-dear is there anything I can get you? Anything you want?"

"No Gourry. Can you please stop asking me questions? I'm trying to eat.

"Lies lies! There is no truth in justice! There is no justice! LIES!"

Xellos grinned at the group of five as he drank his morning tea.


Fanfiction