Part 2


"Lina?"

mnch mnch The redhead was oblivious to her friend's soft voice, and continued eating as quickly as she could before lunch was over. Sylphiel tried to peer through the piles of plates and catch Lina's eye. As embarrasing as the scene was, (all girls schools' students are supposed to be polite and decent when eating), everyone knew better than to correct Lina -- especially the teachers and staff. The last time they had reported it to her sister Luna, Lina had become so angry she dragon-slaved everyone of them. Only Xellos could stop her, but he enjoyed watching her making a scene and refused to do anything about her behavior.

Sylphiel pushed aside one tall pile of plates and tried again. "Lina!"

"W-mnchwhat?!" Lina stopped abruptly. "I've got to finish eating, and lunch is almost over!!"

"You still have half an hour, Lina..."

"Exactly!!" she replied annoyedly as she delved back into eating.

"But... I think that new teacher is staring at you... Wait!!! Don't look!!"

The 16 year old sorceress had turned her head already. "Hmm...? No he's not! What are you talking about? Even if he WAS, it's only natural!! I'm the gorgeous Lina Inverse!!"

"WahahahahahaHA!!" At the next table was the haughty, overseas student/princess, Martina. "YOU are gorgeous? Since when were flat girls 'gorgeous'?!"

Amelia swallowed hard and glanced slowly at Lina's dark face. She'd stopped eating. Which can only be a sign..., Amelia thought, the cafeteria will be destroyed today... AGAIN.

Despite the fact the school was magic-shatter-proof, it couldn't protect itself from Black Magic.

"WHAT DID YOU MEAN BY THAT?!" Lina yelled standing up and pushing the dishes to the side. Sylphiel jumped to catch them before they could fall to the floor. The entire cafeteria was looking their way now.

Martina laughed one of her awful laughs again. "You didn't hear me?!" She pointed at her chest with a single finger. "Can't you see the facts?! Or do you need me to tell you that you ARE flat!!?

"FIREBALL!"

Martina reflexively put up her [Shield] and laughed (again). "Do you think that a FIREBALL can stop me from stating the truth?!"

"Lina.. Please? Please sit down," Sylphiel begged. "DON'T use the dragonslave again..."

"Darkness beyond twilight..."

"You're 16, and you still have the body of a 13 year old!!" Martina continued laughing, still unaware of the dangerous situation she'd put herself in.

"..beyond the blood that flows..."

"Excuse me, Miss Inverse?"

Amelia whipped round at the familiar voice. "Z-Zelgadiss?!"

"By the power you and I possess!" Lina yelled regardless of the call of her name. "DRA -- "

Splash.

Lina's face and hair was drenched in water. "Who the hell?!" she yelled turning around.

The whole room was silent.

"It was me," Zelgadiss stated flatly. "Casting a [dragon slave] could destroy this whole school. You are NOT permitted to use Black Magic at this school outside of class anyway."

Not bothering about formalities anymore, she snorted and squeezed the cold water from her hair. "So? No one ELSE seems to MIND."

"Really? Well it's about time someone did. Since you have broken a school rule, you'll serve a detention as a warning. Understand, Miss Inverse?"

Lina stood there in shock. No one had DARED speak to her in this manner before. (that is, except Luna). Who did the arrogant chimera think he was anyway?! She shook her head then. "No. I don't understand, to be honest!" she said back sweetly. "All that I know is that such an incident has never happened to me before, and I don't understand why it should now. :) Okay?"

She walked away with her head high (even though she was still hungry), with Sylphiel and Amelia trotting after her with embarrassed expressions on their faces.

There was a moment of silence as all faces, even Martina, turned to look at Zelgadiss Graywords. He took a deep breath.

"Freeze Arrow!!"

Lina smiled with a strange expression on her face. "Shield!" she shot back immediately whilst simultaneously dodging away. She stopped only inches from his face, and laughed.

"So... Mr. Graywords... You Do use magic..." Lina grinned, looking at him directly in the eyes. "How exciting..."


"Oh god," some nameless whispered in the background. "Can someone go and fetch Xellos before they destroy the school!?"


"Yes, I DO, as a matter of fact. Didn't I mention it in class earlier on?" Zelgadiss shook the strange feeling of fear away. After all, she was ONLY a 16 year old girl who knew a bit of black magic. Nothing more. (even if he didn't know much black magic himself '-'').

"Oh yes! I DO remember.. Do you mind if I try you out?!" Without giving him time to answer, a [flare arrow!] was suddenly released from her hands.

(Meanwhile... Martina suddenly felt glad that the new student teacher had come to her rescue.)

"Lina Inverse!!" Zelgadiss shouted at the girl levitated in the air. "You are NOT to harm any of the students here!!" Damn! he added to himself, I only wanted to make some extra money here....

"Fireball~" she sang releasing another spell.

Zelgadiss swore again. "Raywing!" Why don't any of the other staff try and stop her?! he wondered angrily.

The light of the sun shining through the glass windows of the cafeteria were too bright for him to see much. Which meant that Lina had the advantage of being on top.

"Aqua create!!" Lina shouted again, sending up rivers of water from the ground AND as a result destroying the flooring. I haven't had so much fun in such a long time! she thought happily.

She looked down and saw an equally drenched chimera. "Zelgadiss Graywords," she said slyly, "now do you regret provoking me?!"

A [Demona Crystal] was his blunt reply... which also unfortunately destroyed the glass windows above as well..

"Guess not.... Well then...Blast Ash!!"

Zelgadiss saw his opputunity. The silly brat hadn't noticed his disadvantage of being unable to see, and now that she'd surrounded the place with darkness... well.

He quickly levitated above her (chimeras' eyesight is supposed to be good, yes?! ...or was that just hearing?? ><`) and grabbing her wrists from behind, he twisted them till she yelped in pain.

"Stop it! Let go of me!!" she yelled.

"Oh shut up," he muttered dragging her back down, "You are coming with me to the office where we will contact your guardian NOW."

"WHAT?!"


Part 3   |   Fanfiction