Part 2


Should he wait? Should he hope she might change her mind?

.... No. She had made her choice, and him waiting around moping would only detract from her happiness.

Could he bear to live without her?

No.

Mayhap Xeros's plan was for the best ... at the least, it would mean an end to the pain. It was much more dramatic than he preferred, but it would not hurt her as much as his previous plan. The blade had been enspelled until even Xeros's dark heart would be pierced. A heart to beat no more.

He nodded in quiet confirmation. It would end both their pain, and not grieve their loves too much.


Xeros sighed, feeling grief clench his re-found heart as his fingertip trailed down the picture. " ... and you would never believe how much I love you ... this is the best way. I'm sorry."

With a single gesture, he sealed and finished the message spell, and set the picture back into it's place, the candlelight glowing softly upon it. A simple incantation, and the small shrine was sealed within a gaurd of crystal. "How very human of me ... to leave some small indication that I ever existed." A sigh escaped Xeros's lips as he gave the head of his staff a twist, pulling it to reveal the blade hidden within the staff. The blade gleamed with dark energy, small electrical bolts the color of blood flickering over it. "Tomorrow, you and I shall end our companion's pain, as he shall end mine."


Part 3   |   Story Index   |   Fanfiction