Fantasy of Honor


Oh Gourry-sama ... you look so handsome in that outfit ... and your dinner manners are atrocious.

Sigh ... Miss Lina's slowed down, why can't you? But then, you do show such appreciation of good food! I feel a silly giggle try to escape me, and choke it down. It would be quite unladylike to giggle into my wine cup.


Xeros fumed silently, watching the others eat dinner while he perched in a tree overhanging the patio. This wasn't working. Not only had he not found a way to get Gourry to read the diary, that damned groundhog had been following him everywhere. It was currently chittering at Xeros from it's position in the punchbowl below him. Xeros had a sneaking suspicion that someone other than himself spiked the punch, because the groundhog was acting quite tipsy right now.

"Now, how to get the moron to read this ..."

The groundhog fell out of the punchbowl, somehow managing to knock over not only the bowl, but the entire stack of cups nearby. Xeros quickly teleported away, not wanting to draw attention. "Stupid groundhog."


I wonder if the creature is ok ... it disappeared soon after knocking over the punchbowl ... I wonder why it was in the punchbowl in the first place ... Oh well.

"Miss Sylpheel?" Oh! Gourry-sama ...

"I'm all right, Gourry-sama, just a little startled." Am I blushing? ... I don't know, I feel so warm all over.

"That's good. I wouldn't know what to do if you were hurt!" You are a moron, Gourry-sama ... but at least you're a honest one. Your honesty is one of the reasons why I love you ... I swallow to steel my nerve ... Maybe ...

"Gourry-sama, will you escort me to the flower garden?"


They were heading for the flower garden! Xeros stifled a maniacal giggle with a frown. That groundhog was beginning to drive him nuts! First the thing ruined several good chances at getting Gourry to read the diary by simply doing something that would draw attention to Xeros, and now it was following him around continually!

Growling, Xeros set off to follow Sylpheel and Gourry, occaisionally kicking his leg in an effort to shake the groundhog off.


Part 10   |   Story Index   |   Fanfiction