Part 1


The knocking at the door caught them all by surprise. Firia glanced towards Xeros, Xeros glanced towards Amelia, Amelia towards Gourry, Gourry towards Lina, Lina towards Zelgadis, and finally, Zelgadis glanced at Elkin, who shrugged, scratching his nose.

"I'm not expecting anyone. Go ahead and open the door though, Lina." He stated, calm despite the state of high nerves prevalent in the rest of the room. Having a rather psychotic half-ancient dragon, half-Mazoku in the next room asleep was definitely something that would make someone nervous.

"It's your cabin!" Lina snapped from the far side of the main room, watching the door warily.

"So? It doesn't mean I'm expecting anyone. And I didn't tell any one you're here."

"That makes it even worse!"

Elkin blinked. "Could someone please explain that statement?" He grumbled as he stalked across the room, throwing the door open with a jerk.

"Hiya, smeghead." The young man, completely hidden by a cloak and hood, lightly bonked Elkin on the head with a gloved fist as he walked in from outside.

"Hiya Muroc." Elkin looked back outside. "You might as well come in, Korbin. I don't think you can make the mess in here any worse."

At that moment, Valgarv stumbled into the main room, still groggy with sleep. That state did not last long when faced with the unique sight of a humongous owl walking into the cabin. Val rubbed his eyes, taking a disbelieving second look.

The owl looked around, gazing up at everybody with curious eyes. "Whoo-hoo-hooo?"

"Korbin." Zel's voice had a note of delight to it, that most of the gang had never heard there before, as he lowered his arm for the owl. With a happy hoot, Korbin hopped onto Zel's arm, and with a second, warbling hoot, scooted up his arm to sit on Zel's shoulder.

"Zel, you know this owl?" Lina kept a safe distance between her and the owl, glowering at it.


Part 2   |   Fanfiction