Part 4


"Hey Zel, who's Elkin?" Lina paused in brushing tangles out of her hair, as they prepared to walk the final distance to Sairaag.

"My oldest brother." Zel checked the spell-map again before completing his sentence. "And possibly the strangest of my siblings."

"Why's that, Mr. Zelgadis?" Amelia tickled Valtiera lightly, making him giggle and squirm.

"You remember that golemn of Martina's?"

"Yeah ..."

"He could make one." And before they could say anything, he jumped off the edge of the cliff and skidded his way down to the cliff's bottom.


"Well, she is your cat." Titavi commented as she watched Elkin try to catch Karmie. The insane little puffball growled at Elkin, dragging the turkey she had stolen from the kitchen even further under his bed with her. "Karmie, come on, I don't want underside of my bed covered in blood again. And that turkey was supposed to be for Kitten!"

"She stole Kitten's dinner again?"

"Yup ... and it's the last turkey until the meat market in town deliver the next shipment." Without a word, Titavi joined Elkin beside the bed, trying to pull the turkey out. Elkin leaned forward and stuck his head under the bed. A sudden swipe at his nose by Karmie made him jump. "Ummm ... Titavi?"

She frowned at her twin, having heard the sharp klonk of his head meeting the wooden underside of the bed. "Your horns stuck again?"

"Yeah."

"Hold still and pull down." A few whacks upward on the bed wood from her fist while he was pulling down quickly freed him.


"Gourry Dear!" Sylpheel rushed out her door and straight at Gourry, wrapping her arms around him. Firia blinked in suprise, and Xeros scratched his head.

"Hello Sylpheel." Lina chirped, a rather smug smile on her face as she peered at Sylpheel around Gourry's elbow, and Amelia rushed over to Sylpheel a big hug. "Hi Miss Sylpheel!"

"Hello Lina, Amelia ... um, who are they?" Sylpheel pointed to Xeros, Firia and the baby Valtiera.

"That's Xeros and Firia."

"And that little boy is their son?"


Part 5   |   Story Index   |   Fanfiction