Chapter 2


"Zel-kun! You look half dead!"

Zelgadis sighed, and looked up from where he was sitting to see the unwelcome visage of the Trickster Mazoku, Xellos Metallium. They were alone, mostly because Zel had gone to take a bath, and had just sat down next to the lake, looking over the sparkling water. "What do you want, namagomi?" he asked listlessly, using Filia's name for the Trickster.

Xellos seemed to smile more at the taunting name. "I know where your cure could be found."

Zel smirked. Words spoken in a dream reached his ears:

"Chimera's cure in a blood potion. Fill your brooch with the blood of a Mazoku, a pure sorceress, an unpure sorceress, and an unborn child. This dagger is connected with the brooch. Use it wisely."

"I think you have my cure."

Blink-blink.

The chimera stood up, and, with an evil smirk on his features, sheathed the dagger in Xellos' stomach. The Mazoku opened his eyes, the amethyst depths filled with shock and betrayal.

"Like I said, I think you have my cure. Or at least a part." His brooch started to get heavy with Xellos' blood. Zel pulled out the dagger, letting the Trickster slump to his knees.

"An enchanted dagger," Xellos gasped out. "And with such a spell. Eternal torment for the victim. How... Mazoku."

Zelgadis punched him, and growled at the sprawled form, "I am nothing like you."

Xellos smiled at him, eyes closed. He grit his teeth as a wave of pain crashed through his body, trying not to cry out in pain. When the next pain shot through his body, too soon after the last, he couldn't keep it in, and yelped in true pain.

Smirking, Zel said to Xellos, "Have a nice life, fruitcake."


Chapter 3   |   Fanfiction