Epilogue


Only to open them again, determined. Zel looked down at the sorceress, and gulped. I will do anything for the cure... right?

Lina half awoke, cracking open her eyes, and saw the blue skinned youth in front of her. She closed her ruby eyes again. Just Zel... Wait. What is Zel doing in my room?

Zelgadis pulled out the dagger, and looked at it. Then, he dropped it, disgust crossing his face. "Lina," he said hoarsely. The sorceress opened her eyes again.

"What are you doing in my room?" she whispered, a slight thrill running through her body.

Zel gulped, then said, "Kill me."

That got her fully awake. "Nani?!"

He bent down, and grabbed her wrists. "I won't hurt any of my friends, but I can't keep living in this body. I already..." Zel let go of her. Lina tried to look into his sapphire depths, but couldn't. A shock of realization ran through her.

"You... hurt Xellos..." she whispered, shock filling her voice.

"I... can't do that to you or Amelia..." he muttered. "I... I came in here with the intention of raping you."

"Zel!" she gasped, aghast.

He looked at her. "Please, Lina. If-if you have any respect for me... any... any love... kill me. I can't live like this."

She stroked his cheek. "I... I can't. It's That Time of the Month... I can't use any magic, and Gourry won't let me get the Hikari no Ken..." The sorceress started as Zel pulled back. "W-what?"

"You're glowing gold..." the chimera whispered in shock.

She looked down at her arms. They were indeed glowing. She lifted her eyes, then gasped as a wave of magic slammed through her body. But... it was Lina Inverse's magic. The magic she could use. She gulped. Now that she could use magic (and she knew why; L-sama had a lot to answer for), what could she do? Zel wanted to die; so what could kill him?

Speak the Laguna Blade, my Chosen, my daughter...

Lina stood up, and hardened her ruby eyes. "I'm sorry, Zel."

Zelgadis bowed his head.

"Lord of terrifying dreams
Sword of cold and darkness
Free yourself from the heaven's bonds
Become one with my power, one with my body
And let us walk the path of destruction together
Power that can smash even the souls of gods!"

Lina's eyes filled with tears. "LAGUNA BLADE!" she yelled, pulling the Nightmare blade across the chimera's body.

The brooch on his cape cracked open, spilling the blood within as Zelgadis slumped to his knees. Scenes passed in front of his eyes, what would have happened if he had gone through with his plan. Too much sorrow down that path... too much pain. His sapphire eyes met Lina's ruby ones. "Thank you... Lina-itooshii..."

After Zel spoke those words, he fell to the floor, and let out his last breath. Lina's knees buckled, and she fell as well. "Z-zel... Oh, gods, Zel, don't die on me... Please... I... I love you..." she sobbed.

Out of the corner of her eye, she saw a glimpse of darkness. A loud mental voice thundered through her head. "YOU WERE NOT SUPPOSE TO USE THE LAGUNA BLADE!" it screamed at her.

Lina closed her eyes, and a tear ran down her face. The darkness dissipated, shrieking in anger. Deep inside her, something clicked as the magic in her flowed to a stop. A little gift for my Chosen, the Lord of Nightmares said to her. For my daughter.

L-sama... thank you... the redhead sorceress ran a hand through Zelgadis' wire hair. But... Zel...

Don't worry, my daughter. He isn't gone, just lost. Remember that, my Chosen.

I will.


Xellos recovered from the wound Zelgadis inflicted. Amelia was horribly distraught when she learned Zel was dead, and who had killed him. Lina never got over it, despite the Lord of Nightmares words.

However, She had given Lina a very helpful gift. The Dra Matta's bio-chemistry had been changed so that she could control her period.

And that was very helpful when the next piece of Shabraningdo rose.


Notes

Confused? The epilogue is a "what if" that what if Zel didn't rape Lina? So... here ya go.


Fanfiction