Daughter


Notes

The idea in here is sorta a spin off of an idea in Shattered Dreams.

Spoilers: Where Lina casts the Giga Slave for Phibrizzo in Slayers NEXT.


Lina's fists balled at her sides. She... she couldn't cast the Giga Slave. It wouldn't be controllable. But... The sorceress looked at the crystallized essences of her friends. She had to cast it. Had to.

"Darkness beyond darkest pitch
Deeper than deepest night..."

No! I don't want to cast this!

"King of Darkness who shines like gold on the sea of chaos..."

Lina's voice trailed off. Suddenly, she spoke again, her voice changed.

"Crimson beyond flowing blood
Darker than the darkest night
Daughter of Chaos who shines like red with her mother
I am she
I am the one who has been born of that chaos."

She opened her ruby eyes, and smiled at the confused Mei-ou. "I am the daughter of all chaos.

I am the one who has regained human form.
I am crimson beyond the flowing blood,
Darker than the darkest night.
I am the rider of chaos,
Who is born of all chaos.
That is how they describe me."

Phibrizzo stepped back, his child-like eyes widening in horror. "No! It can't be! Y-you can't be...!"

"Yes. I am the Ruby Chaos, the daughter of all Chaos. I am the daughter of the Lord of Nightmares herself. The Giga Slave is mine to cast; is mine to control." Lina smiled evilly. "I am going TO KICK YOUR ASS, PHIBRIZZO!"

"Darkness beyond darkest pitch
Deeper than the deepest night
King of Darkness who shines like gold on the sea of chaos
I call upon thee, swear myself to thee
Let the fools who stand before me
Be destroyed by the power you and I possess!
GIGA SLAVE!"


"My daughter, who had found the power. My very own daughter, born of chaos. You must forget what you used, forget your own heritage. You will remember later. However, you must not remember now. Goodbye, Lina."


"LINA! I-I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT YOU!"

Gourry's voice threaded out to her, pulling her back from the shining sea of chaos to the world of the living. She opened her eyes to see his worried, tear-filled eyes over her. "G-gourry..."

"L-lina..." He held her close, crying into her flame tresses. "I was afraid I lost you..."

"Aw, it would take more than that to kill me," she said, trying to sound confident.


"So you don't remember what happened after you spoke the third line of the Giga Slave?"

Lina shook her head at Amelia. "No. All I remember is... a ruby light engulfing me, and... a voice speaking. But I don't know what the voice said, or what happened after that."


Fanfiction