Forbidden Magic


This was it. This was what she had been waiting all her life for. The book of the most powerful spell ever, the Kamikaze Flare.

She fumbled with the clasp, trying to open the book. Everything had gone exactly how she had expected in this temple: Magical traps, Mazoku, and now an amazingly complex clasp.

Finally, the offending piece of leather relented, allowing her eager eyes to see the spell she had searched for. It was the most powerful spell ever... and she was the first person ever to see it!

The incantation... the sheer power needed to just use the spell... Yes, this was it.

Something brushed at her back, a dark feeling. Blood dripped onto the book as a sharp object flew past her cheek. She spun around and saw something big and black reaching out again.

She grunted as she twisted out of the way, blood running down her chin from the cut on her cheek. Another cut appeared on her side, running from beside her breasts to her hip. Furiously, she cast a spell at it.

No effect. She frantically cast spell after spell at it, trying to at least scratch it. Nothing worked. She even pulled out her most powerful spell at her mercy. That had the same result as the previous.

Bleeding from numerous wounds, she narrowed her eyes. The only thing she could do now was cast the spell she just learned. Suddenly, a Fireball came flying at her, slamming her into the last standing wall as she tried to get out of the way.

She thrust out her magic, making a globe of a protective shield around her. A presence appeared behind her, and gasped. "What do you think you're doing?"

"What I have to do!" she snapped, knowing who was behind her. "I don't want you caught in this, so leave."

"No, I won't. Stop casting this, and I can get out of here!"

Several attacks from the black being crashed against her shield, and that just strengthen her resolve more. "Get out!"

"Lina-chan, I won't!" The man tried to get into the globe. "Look at me, and listen! You can't do this!"

She turned around, looking into his painfilled amethyst eyes. "I have to," she said sadly. "Leave now. I don't want to kill you..."

"Don't!"

A tear tracked its way down her face as she drew in the magic. "Power beyond hate..."

"Lina-chan, don't."

"And flowing anger..."

"Lina, please..."

"Sealed away for eternity..."

"And there was a reason for that. Please, stop it now and let me teleport us away!"

"Shake away your earthly bonds..."

"Lina, please... don't..."

"And gather in my hand to give me strength!"

"Lina-chan, ai shiteru..."

She smiled at him, tears falling down her face. "Ai shiteru... Xellos." The flame tressed sorceress, known as Lina Inverse, lifted her hands. Xellos Metallium, general/priest/Trickster Mazoku, closed his eyes. If his Lina-chan was going to die, he would die with her.

Lina spoke the two words that sealed her fate:

"Kamikaze Flare."


Notes

Whoo, boy. Kamikaze Flare: the strongest black magic spell ever. The range depends on how powerful the caster is. It kills everything except deities, and that includes the caster. And yes, this is a Lina/Xellos fic. And I know it has a sad ending. Just don't kill me.


Fanfiction