Chapter 2: Power


"Where have you been, Sai? I've been worried sick!"

Deep Sea Dolphin smiled, reclining against the wall. "I was out swimming, mother dear. And I met the most interesting man out there." She smiled at the look on her mother's face. "He taught me many things. And he had the most wonderful ruby colored eyes."

Her mother widened her eyes. "Y-you met our Lord?"

"No, mother dear. Your Lord. The Kai-ou's Master." Deep Sea Dolphin flicked a hand, and a spear of water lanced through her mother. "And what my Master says, I do. By the way, mother dear, my name isn't Sai anymore. It is Kai-ou-sama, Deep Sea Dolphin."

Her mother's face was white with shock, and her eyes were too wide. "S-sai... My daughter..."

"Not anymore. I am the Ruby Eyed's Kai-ou. Have a nice time in hell, mother dear."


What an interesting form, Deep Sea Dolphin mused, cutting through the water. Her new Mazoku form was a dolphin/shark mix, and it looked very, very scary. She reached deep in her, and touched her new power, molding it to her taste. When the Kai-ou started swimming again, her form was a small dolphin. Ooh. I think I like this.

Kai-ou.

Startled, she lost her form, and floated to the surface. N-nani?!

Kai-ou.

O-oh. Master?

I have another job for you. There is a Mazoku that rebelled against me. Your abilities are needed.

Deep Sea Dolphin thought about that. What do I need to do?

First, come by where we first met. We'll go from there.


Deep Sea Dolphin reclined against a rock, covered in dark Mazoku blood. The little bugger had been incredibly persistent. She was so tired...

A tug on her astral body made her sit up, wide awake. What the...?

It was odd, but she could almost hear a human saying something... almost like it was...

She laughed. A ningen was calling upon her power! And it was a cute little spell at that. "Dolph Zork?" she muttered, amused. "That's interesting."

Deep Sea Dolphin sat back, chuckling to herself. "Dolph Zork. Heh."


The bottom of the sea was beautiful, the Kai-ou decided. And perfect for her home. She took her human form, and started to make a magical little air bubble. Not all Mazoku can breath underwater, and she needed minions. After she had a nicely sized air bubble, Deep Sea Dolphin took a deep breath, and concentrated.

Out of the ground came great spikes of earth. The earth reformed itself to form a cave about the size of the air bubble. The Kai-ou lowered her arms, and sighed. When making her home, she had also made little drawings on the inside of the cave. And they were beautiful! Ningens running away from a herd of dolphins... the ningens getting caught by the herd... and herself, watching over it all. She laughed. The new power she had was intoxicating!

The blue haired Mazoku sat down, reclining against the cave wall. Oh, this is wonderful. What would I have ever done without the Ruby Eyed?

She sat like that for a while, just relaxing. Then, Deep Sea Dolphin stood up. I have work to do.


Chapter 3   |   Fanfiction