Eyes of Truth


Notes

Written to the lyrics of If I Can't Love Her (reprise), End Duet/Transformation, and Beauty and the Beast (reprise) from the beuaty and the Beast musical!


No pain could be deeper

Zel ray winged out to the edge of town and started down the road trying to distance himself from Lina. Anything to get away from that empty feeling he got when he though she couldn't love him

No life could be cheaper

It almost wasn't worth living anymore, not only could he never be human again, he could never earn her love. It was enough to break anyone's spirit.

No point anymore

He suddenly looked back to see Lina wandering on her own. What was she doing outside this time of night. Probably after those bandits that were hanging just outside of town.

If she can't love me

Suddenly several of them attacked her, a few of which looked to be sorcerers of some power. Gods, they planned this! They wanted to get rid of Lina the Bandit Killer!

No hope she would do so

He charged them, sword instantly in his hand. If she couldn't love him at least he could save her.

No dream to persue so

One of the sorcerers pulled out a dagger as he charged them. He grimaced as he felt it pierce his stone skin, it had to have be enhanced with a spell.

I look to myself

No matter, one cut wasn't going to slow him down too much, and now that he knew to watch out he wasn't likely to get cut again.

Despise all the things I see

Even if they do get me again and somehow kill me, he thought, at least Lina will be okay. That was all that mattered, all that he cared about.

For I know that she

Suddenly the rest fled, he had saved Lina. But one of the dieing bandits laughed. "That blade was laced with the strongest poison known. You''l die before sunrise, stone man!"

Cannot set me free

He fell to his knees and put his hand over the wound, feeling his warm blood flow from it. This was it, his life was to end. A tear fell from his eye as he looked at Lina who was kneeling beside him.

Let the world be done with... me

Suddenly a wave of dizzyness and nausea hit him and he slumped to the ground. He thought of the sweet oblivion that would end his curse existance.

(End Duet/Transformation)

Beast: You came back

"Lina," he finaly spoke. "Are you alright?"

Belle: If only I'd come here sooner

"Yeah Zel. Just don't die on me," she sobbed.

Beast: Maybe it's better this way

"Its better I die. I didn't tell you before, but on my last search I found there is no cure, Rezo made it with the intent of it being permanent"

Belle: No! Don't talk like that. We're together now. Everything will be fine

"I don't care Zel, I love you. I don't know how I could live without you."

Beast: At least I get to see you one last time.

Zel smiled, she did love him, despite his apperence she loved him "I love you too," he whispered back, holding Lina's hand.

Belle: We are home

"C'm on Zel, you'll be okay, I know you will," she said, latching both hnads on his.

We are where we shall be forever

"Lina," he whispered. "I can feel myself dieing. I'm not going to be okay."

Trust in me

"No Zel! I'm not gonna lose you!" she said as she tried a Healing spell.

For you know I won't run away

Zel could feel the poison resisting the Healing spell. "I just have to let you know, before I die,"

From today

"What Zel?" she asked.

This is all that I need

"I think I loved you since the first time I saw you, beautiful Lina..." he smiled

And all that I need to say is...

Lina sat down and leaned over his head. "Zel..." she said, grief robbing her of speach.

Don't you know how you've changed me

"Lina," he mouthed, his throat dried by the poison so much he now couldn't speak.

Strange how I fin'lly see

"Zel... don't leave me..." she cried.

I found home

He smiled and pointed at himself and towards her chest weakly saying silently, "I'll always be with you in your heart."

You're my home
Stay with me

She sobbed and clung even harder to his hand then noticed the hand went limp and she looked at his face, the life fading from it.

Belle: No! No, please! Don't leave me! I love you.

"No, Zel!" she yelled, then softly, while the last bit of conciousness still lingered within Zelgadis, she kissed him.

(really dramatic music)

Suddenly, as the sun's edge reached the horizon, a thick fog suddenly appeared and she felt Zelgadis dissappear. Without warning it cleared suddenly, and there stood a man, a human, it reminded her of...

Prince: Belle, look into my eyes!

"Lina," he smiled as his eyes widened in amazement. He was still alive! How could this have happened!

Belle, don't you recognize

She looked into his eyes, it was him! "Zel!" she yelled running towards him. "Your human!"

The beast within the man

He looked in amazement to see that he was then hugged Lina and kissed her passionately. Then he smiled down at her picking up the crystaine tear he'd previously cried.

Who's here before you?

He placed it in her hand with a serious face, "Lina Inverse, will you marry me?"

Belle: It is you!

"Gods yes!" she answered. "You have no idea how long I've wanted to hear you say that!"

later

Both: Two Lives have begun now

Lina fussed with her hair, the white baby's breath not quite wanting to stay in, then just put on her veil.

Two hearts become one now

As she started down to where Zel waited at the alter he smiled at her thinking that he'd never seen he looking this beautiful before.

One Passion, one dream

They then took their vows, never looking away from the other, eyes locked as if they still though this must be a dream.

One thing forver true

Suddenly the time came, and they kissed to seal the marrage, they kissed long, finaly breaking because they needed to breath.

I LOVE YOU!

And were greeted by several cheers, even Amelia, who had been sobbing since she heard Zel had proposed to Lina, cheered as she saw his happy smile.

Suddenly a strager in the seats rose, a strange instrument in hand, and began a bright melody and sang.

Certain as the sun
Rising in the East
Tale as old as time
Song as old as rhyme
Beauty and the Beast

Tale as old as time
Song as old as rhyme
Beauty and the Beast

They smiled at each other and then went to see who that strange girl was, only to find she had vanished. "Beauty and the Beast," He smiled at Lina and kissed her again.

"You never were a beast, Zel," she answered after the kiss.


Fanfiction